neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion of the week: Outer Space

+13
kami (GER]
Falastiny
Necro
Florent
K!ng
Linux
SuomiKukka
Leon
Mizurri
conex
Marksel
hazik666
DarkNess
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Discussion of the week: Outer Space Empty Discussion of the week: Outer Space

Post by DarkNess Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:12 pm

So its been a while since ive made a Discussion of the week topic..

This week i would like to talk to you about the universe.

We as mankind live on the planet earth, yet there is so much more to discover.
What will we find?
Aliens?
Any kind of life?
Maybe we will never know..

I would like to know what your view on it is, What do you think lies out there?
Do you think we will be able to discover it all one day?
Do you think there are other planets like earth?
Do we even exist? or are we just a mere illusion of our own brain?
When we are sleeping are we dreaming, or are we dreaming when we are awake?

Questions that can ceep you awake at night...

~~~Do not troll my topic~~~
DarkNess
DarkNess

Male Number of posts : 4591
Birthday : 1994-07-24
Job/hobbies : This is Serious.
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Discussion of the week: Outer Space Empty Re: Discussion of the week: Outer Space

Post by hazik666 Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:20 pm

It will be cool when people go onto mars, and it would also be cool if they found people and brought them back to earth but there is signs of life so maybe Smile
hazik666
hazik666
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 4838
Birthday : 0672-12-27
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Discussion of the week: Outer Space Empty Re: Discussion of the week: Outer Space

Post by DarkNess Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:22 pm

hazik666 wrote:It will be cool when people go onto mars, and it would also be cool if they found people and brought them back to earth but there is signs of life so maybe Smile

I thought only sign on mars was frozen water?
I wonder if aliens could actually survive on earth o_o.. if they exist that is.
What would you get if an alien and a human had sex O_O Humien?
DarkNess
DarkNess

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:26 pm

Haha I'm probably going to end up chasing you guys away with my walls of text Very Happy

Well lets keep it simple at first:

I think it's rather idiotic to think that in the entire universe, we are the only planet with life forms on it. I do not think there is life currently in our milkyway, and if there is it will be bacteria at most.

Earth is no more than any other planet, we are just fortunate with our position relative to our sun.

As for the 'will we be able to discover all one day'
A simple no.
It is not possible to discover all, because the universe has no end.
Immagine it as if you are playing a game in which if you go to the right part of the screen, you come out the left.
Space works similarly, IF you can keep up with the rate of universal expansion that is.
On top of that, there is no possible way humans could enter the parralel universe that caused the Big Bang.

The universe expands constantly. Planets move further away from eachother constantly. Which brings me to the next interesting topic:
Having to leave earth.

One day (in a couple hundred's of milion years) human kind (if they are still in excistance) will have to go on and live somewhere else duo to massive climate changes because of a different position relative to the sun.
Not to mention that the star we call the sun is a relatively weak star and will not survive for that long until it will cause a supernova, leaving not much left of earth most likely, and if it does, there will be no solar energy which the human kind is very dependant of for survival.

*EDIT* Just read d4z0's and Darkness' posts before mine:
Aliens do not have to look like humans at all. Aliens are simply living creatures/bacteria of some sort.
Frozen water indicates that life on mars is possible for atleast bacteria, and has been possible for life beyond the stages of bacteria, being multicellular creatures.

Last edited by Marksel on Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 3979
Birthday : 1992-02-01
Job/hobbies : Owning you!
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by conex Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:26 pm

I Belive.. ;D..

....Aliens.. ! i love Sci-fi,.. but still i dont think we are gonna find flying plates.. ;D but more like retarded.. green jellyfish.. !

Last edited by conex on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
conex
conex
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 1458
Birthday : 1992-10-28
Job/hobbies : artist...
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizurri Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:47 pm

lets talk fast, before suvi comes and closes the topic just as the last time....

Im not that much worried about uhm, live in other w/e..

Probarly becouse im religious and my religion haves an answer on anything
and if there would be like, any life apart from earth, that could do anything to us or plays an important rol, we would have probarly heard, in one of the books of God.
Mizurri
Mizurri
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 5130
Birthday : 2006-06-06
Job/hobbies : Fulltime Gangster
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:50 pm

Faatzor wrote:lets talk fast, before suvi comes and closes the topic just as the last time....

Luckily this topic is far less sensitive when it comes to religions etc.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hazik666 Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:58 pm

They actually just developed a telescope that can view 1,000 light years. Heres link http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/science_and_environment/10266549.stm
hazik666
hazik666
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 4838
Birthday : 0672-12-27
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Leon Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:29 pm

I bet there are aliens or other creatures out there somewhere in the outer space or somewhere here in Earth, hiding and researching us or scared of us OR waiting to take over the EARTH!!...
Razz
i feel i wanna be a scientist now Mad
Leon
Leon

Male Number of posts : 737
Birthday : 1996-01-02
Job/hobbies : Soccer!
Registration date : 2010-03-03

https://neondragon.forumotion.co.uk/profile.forum?mode=viewprofil

Back to top Go down

Post by SuomiKukka Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:31 pm

oh cheez this subject again..

Lets make it more fun, post something of this that I dont know.

Marksel fix your post.

SuomiKukka
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 1095
Birthday : 2001-01-01
Registration date : 2009-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizurri Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:35 pm

|SuvI| wrote:oh cheez this subject again..

Marksel fix your post.

omg could you shut up please?
if you arent interested in this, then dont comment, and just go and read an book or something
Mizurri
Mizurri
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SuomiKukka Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:43 pm

Faatzor wrote:

Marksel fix your post.

if you arent interested in this, then dont comment, and just go and read an book or something

Sorry, but northern and western CIVILIZATIONS support freedom of speech. Ever heard of it?

*On-topic* - Betelgeuze what do you think about that? Discuss

SuomiKukka
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 1095
Birthday : 2001-01-01
Registration date : 2009-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Linux Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:59 pm

|SuvI| wrote:
Faatzor wrote:

Marksel fix your post.

Sorry, but northern and western CIVILIZATIONS support freedom of speech. Ever heard of it?

Its an awesome star, soon going to be a supernova, 2-3 years Very Happy When this star explode it will ruin some stars possition. We will see it as a bright light and it will weaken the gravity of earth (Just very very very litte)

Hmm, if we ever get to know a wormhole possition then we are going to travel far far away from earth Very Happy

About Marksels post, it is right the universe is expanding. But it is expanding faster than light... And very very very very far into the future it is going to stop and reverse, then it is going to come another big explosion! This is only a theory Razz
Linux
Linux

Number of posts : 494
Birthday : 1993-08-23
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by K!ng Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:46 pm

Hmm, if we ever get to know a wormhole possition then we are going to travel far far away from earth

--> "Earth Investigated"? (NatGeo/Discovery) Razz

And very very very very far into the future it is going to stop and reverse, then it is going to come another big explosion! This is only a theory

Yup, and they say it will expand after univiserse has shrunk and exploded (= Big Bang). And so on, and on, and on...

Hmmm...maybe the univserse is just some weird toy or game of a very, very large being/animal/Darkness/giant...think about that!

K!ng

Male Number of posts : 175
Birthday : 1988-04-17
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:46 am

I agree that the expansion of the universe will stop, or slow down some day, possibly even reverse, but it will not end up in a reverse big bang.

I could probably bore you all with my parralel universe theories but well, I'll probably post a phew you-tube movies for those interested.

Let's talk about this:
What fills space?
What exactly is it that covers what we call space?
Is there nothing at all? or is there something we do not see?
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Florent Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:59 am

I belive in God, as many here maybe does.

Im often intrested of this topic about UFOs (Unindentified Flying Objects) or what called Aliens. I belive if God has created such big space, I belive that he may have created other races in other planets.

To connect this with religious thoughts I´ve asked religious people in three religions, the three religions that belive in God , about what their holy books says about Aliens. All three answered that its not so detailed about them.
The Jewsih one said its nothing. Christian and Muslim one started to say that there may be other "humans" living out there, but far away.

My conclusion is that there may live people outside of Earth. But Im not basing me at religious thoughts, but more scientific like Area 51 where they may kill u immediatly if u enter that area.
Very top seceret experiments.
And other things.

But im not 100% sure on my opinion about alliens.
Florent
Florent

Male Number of posts : 424
Birthday : 1993-05-23
Job/hobbies : Haunting humans
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizurri Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:56 am

Whatte?

That doesnt make really sense, I really dont know which muslim you askd
But, if there was more live, then only on earth, then probarly God would have told us that in one of the books,
Mizurri
Mizurri
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Necro Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:06 am

As I like Sciences, I like Astronomy not to be confused with Astrology which is one of the most interesting and hardest sciences.
Marksel said that there is frozen water in Mars what makes suspect about if there was/is life outside Earth.
In my opinion there's life, the Universe is massively bigger and our planet is just one of the millions there are, why only a single planet would have life and the rest not.
Recent studies have shown planets which look very similiar ours.
Our planet is big, but imagine how big can these celestial object be...
Necro
Necro
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Male Number of posts : 3892
Birthday : 1924-02-27
Job/hobbies : Aww men I am a sciences freak!!
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Linux Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:31 am

Marksel wrote:I agree that the expansion of the universe will stop, or slow down some day, possibly even reverse, but it will not end up in a reverse big bang.

I could probably bore you all with my parralel universe theories but well, I'll probably post a phew you-tube movies for those interested.

Let's talk about this:
1. What fills space?
2. What exactly is it that covers what we call space?
3. Is there nothing at all? or is there something we do not see?

1. Most of space is filled with dark matter and dark energy!

2. Dark matter and dark energy!

3. We're lucky with everything and there is alot that we dont see Razz

Finnished xD

@K!ng, nope! I research on this everyday (internett)
Linux
Linux

Back to top Go down

Post by Florent Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:39 am

Faatzor wrote:Whatte?

But, if there was more live, then only on earth, then probarly God would have told us that in one of the books,

Faatzor:
I can find by my self quotes of the holy book of Muslims where it says. It doesnt says Alien exicst but if you read it says "Humans are not the only creations on this life" and other things.

The one I asked was good educated man that was muslim.
Florent
Florent

Male Number of posts : 424
Birthday : 1993-05-23
Job/hobbies : Haunting humans
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkNess Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:07 pm

Florent wrote:I belive in God, as many here maybe does..

Seeing that you believe in god,
Why do you think that god made it so that earth is one of the only planet which there is life on (for as far as we know).
Why didnt he make it so that ever planet had its own sort of life?

(We should ban god for special treatment xD)
DarkNess
DarkNess

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizurri Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:26 pm

Florent wrote:
Faatzor wrote:Whatte?

Faatzor:
I can find by my self quotes of the holy book of Muslims where it says. It doesnt says Alien exicst but if you read it says "Humans are not the only creations on this life" and other things.

The one I asked was good educated man that was muslim.

Indeed, next to humans on this world there are also cin
I made it small because, we arent allowed to say it loud, but dunno if its allowed to type it

So, next to humans there are "that" on this world, what solves the the case about what the good educated man said
Mizurri
Mizurri
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Falastiny Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:50 pm

For faatzor and Florent..check this video Smile Pretty intressting.
//
For the others..check ti aswell Smile

To be honest..iv always belived there must be some planet in the universe where life do exist.
Falastiny
Falastiny

Male Number of posts : 971
Birthday : 1991-07-21
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Linux Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:08 pm

Falastiny wrote:For faatzor and Florent..check this video Smile Pretty intressting.
//
For the others..check ti aswell Smile

To be honest..iv always belived there must be some planet in the universe where life do exist.

falastiny, that man is wrong, we Think we had contact with aliens, but it wasnt so long. Actually we Think we had it 7 times, but they wont go out with it because they didnt restored the contact. The last time we got something in our radio (the ones that we use for searching for alien contact) it was something strange sounds and then when we tried to send sone back no1 responded.

Another thing, you all know the signals that we send out with information about us and where our planet is in the galaxy. The thing about this is that it takes 25000 years for it to reach the closest solar system. So if they answer then we might Get answer in just 50000 years =D if There Are other itelligent lide out there, we dont know what their itension is =P

this is written om my iPhone so there might be some faults in it!
Linux
Linux

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizurri Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:06 am

|SuvI| wrote:
Faatzor wrote:

Marksel fix your post.

LOL you fail so badly, You say freedom of speech by yourself and then you remove my post after?
Waw..

ontopic. im gonna ask some people about it fala x.x and getting the translations of it
Mizurri
Mizurri
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next