neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outcome of today's jail discussion -> rule update

+6
KoD
LongD
hazik666
muddakken
Necro
Mati
10 posters

Go down

Outcome of today's jail discussion -> rule update Empty Outcome of today's jail discussion -> rule update

Post by Mati Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:03 pm

Hello,
we had a long discussion today about several problems that were mentioned in the past time, like in the "bring classic jailbreak back"-Thread or elsewhere. I created a topic in the nD team forums afterwards where I collected as many problems and proposal as possible, and today I went through them with some members. I'd like to share the thread I'm talking about *Click*, so that you have a better overview about what the discussion was about.

The outcome is as follows:

• CTs can only start simon says if the majority (= more than the half) of Ts are together on a specified location (cage, line, pool, soccerfield), whereas cells are excluded. A CT can start simon only once per round, but when he dies or simon was ended, someone else can declare himself simon under the mentioned conditions. "Global simon says day" is an exception to that. (Reason: Preventing extensive use of simon and abuse of the game)

That means: You can't start simon when the terrorist are still in cells, or when more than the half are running around, so celldays are kind of useless now.

• A simon says command gets invalid when a new one isn't given in a reasonable time (~20 seconds) after finishing the command. (Reason: Preventing endless freezing times)

• Reminder: Commands have to be clear and understandable. If someone is shooting while you are talking and no one seems to understand, redo. Also, explain what they have to do, instead of using shortcuts or a single word.

Bad: "Ok let's have kod day." *cells open*
    Good: "When the cells open you can go wherever you want except the restricted areas, but you cannot stand still. If you do, you will be killed."

• Reminder: A last reaction has to be fair. If there are three people left, and you do a LR about making a 2ppl-tower, the middle one will always win. Also, when they're at different positions and you do a lr to a different place, it's often not really fair. Try to pay attention on that.

• If a CT goes into a cage, he can be knifed by the terrorists without consequences.

If there are questions, go on. As a member try to enforce these rules, and as a regular player, try to follow.

Last edited by Mati on Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 876
Birthday : 1991-06-02
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Outcome of today's jail discussion -> rule update Empty Re: Outcome of today's jail discussion -> rule update

Post by Necro Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:32 pm

Please, read it carefully because it's important to know them, and for people who haven't got account on forum tell them to create an account or explain him/her the new rules via Steam chat.
Necro
Necro
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Male Number of posts : 3892
Birthday : 1924-02-27
Job/hobbies : Aww men I am a sciences freak!!
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Outcome of today's jail discussion -> rule update Empty Re: Outcome of today's jail discussion -> rule update

Post by muddakken Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:03 pm

Mati so childiren can still plaay?
muddakken
muddakken

Number of posts : 282
Birthday : 1997-08-08
Job/hobbies : football,being lazy,counter-strike
Registration date : 2009-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by hazik666 Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:03 pm

Yes here is nothing there that says they cant
hazik666
hazik666
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 4838
Birthday : 0672-12-27
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by LongD Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:16 pm

good took some time to read but good ^^
LongD
LongD
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 1208
Birthday : 1995-11-24
Job/hobbies : Sprite animating,youtube,Manga,Anime,listening to music,being laze then and then,picking on my brother
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by KoD Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:07 pm

Some questions:

The 20 seconds rule..

That means when I say "simon says follow me to the pool" and they'r not in the pool in that 20 secs, my command gets invalid..

same goes for 'Simon says no knifing for the whole simon says round'

Also, we cannot do simon says in cell anymore.
People now give the orders in cell without being simon and kill them like it is Simon, rule for this?

~ KoD
KoD
KoD
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Number of posts : 3513
Birthday : 1992-07-05
Job/hobbies : follow fat guys with a tuba
Registration date : 2009-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:04 pm

KoD wrote:
The 20 seconds rule..

That means when I say "simon says follow me to the pool" and they'r not in the pool in that 20 secs, my command gets invalid..
That's true and indeed a problematic point. Rule will be changed to: "A simon says command gets invalid when a new one isn't given in a reasonable time (~20 seconds) after finishing the command." So "simon says jump and stay jumping" gets invalid after the reasonable timelimit runs out when they start jumping, same with freeze when they start freezing, same with make a line in the middle, when they finished making the line.
same goes for 'Simon says no knifing for the whole simon says round'
Those commands were always treated like an exception, because normally, a new simon says command overwrites the old one, so if you take it strict, there can't be 2 simon orders at the same time (but there could be one simon order with 2 or more commands in it).

Anyway, "for the whole round" orders will stay valid atm, and because of the mentioned alteration there's not a conflict - "no knifing for the whole simon says round" is only completed when the round is over, since it is active the whole time.

People now give the orders in cell without being simon and kill them like it is Simon, rule for this?
It wasn't the goal to continue celldays like they've been, and if I understand the opinions correct, doing that is just really boring as a terrorist. Like I stated in the first post, celldays doesn't make much sense anymore, and it's already handled by the "warning rule", that they can't just act like it would be simon says.

It's not hard to get the Ts to a place where you can start simon, and it's a basic characteristic of jailbreak to let them out of their cells and give them a chance to rebel.
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 876
Birthday : 1991-06-02
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by SHIZIK Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:02 pm

You can't do anything... Every body of us know's what's happining on serwer when there isn't any member... :/ But i think that those rulles are preety good Smile
SHIZIK
SHIZIK

Male Number of posts : 13
Birthday : 1995-08-16
Job/hobbies : Tennis/Skateboarding
Registration date : 2009-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by TuTu Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:23 am

I dont like that you cannot start simon says in cell...but all other rules are good
TuTu
TuTu

Male Number of posts : 186
Birthday : 1994-06-14
Job/hobbies : Hockey :D
Registration date : 2009-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by paul_boy15 Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:18 am

offtopic : sillent cant have more then 2 signatures ( and 1 is bigger then 2 normals)
ontopic : rules are all good except u cant do simon says in cell...
paul_boy15
paul_boy15

Male Number of posts : 1504
Birthday : 1994-01-13
Job/hobbies : pure qst vuoi sape'?!
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Spx. Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:28 am

Guys, read Mati's post or reas this quote.

It wasn't the goal to continue celldays like they've been, and if I understand the opinions correct, doing that is just really boring as a terrorist. Like I stated in the first post, celldays doesn't make much sense anymore, and it's already handled by the "warning rule", that they can't just act like it would be simon says.

It's not hard to get the Ts to a place where you can start simon, and it's a basic characteristic of jailbreak to let them out of their cells and give them a chance to rebel.
Spx.
Spx.

Male Number of posts : 2072
Birthday : 1995-11-02
Job/hobbies : Skating mountainbiking, snowboarding, outdoor sports =)
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down