neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the 20 second rule

+4
QuickSilver
x-regit-x
nase
oempaloempa
8 posters

Go down

the 20 second rule Empty the 20 second rule

Post by oempaloempa Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:58 am

lateley i was just reading the forums and i came along this:
20 Sec rule is only valid when you are doing shit!
When you are explaining/tricking etc the 20 sec rule can be extended to 45 sec.

i asked nD* jail | nase about it he said it was nonesense.
I also asked |nD| quicksilver about it and he said it was correct.
just trying to get this cleared up. also would be funny if nase had it wrong for once Very Happy
oempaloempa
oempaloempa

Male Number of posts : 287
Birthday : 1994-10-10
Job/hobbies : playing games/unemployed/school
Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

the 20 second rule Empty Re: the 20 second rule

Post by nase Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:02 am

Since when can the 20 second rule get extended to 45 seconds? I've never heard of this and no one sticked to this yet(so meanwhile there would have been around 1000 freekills), when u're explaining or tricking you just have to do it in time or give another command.

hajaka wrote:also would be funny if nase had it wrong for once Very Happy
Thanks for the compliment Wink
nase
nase
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 1177
Birthday : 1993-07-01
Registration date : 2009-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by x-regit-x Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:09 am

mati wrote:A simon says command gets invalid when a new one isn't given in a reasonable time (~20 seconds) after finishing the command. (Reason: Preventing endless freezing times)
( http://neondragon.forumotion.co.uk/neondragonnet-uk-cs1-jailbreak-f5/outcome-of-today-s-jail-discussion-rule-update-t2788.htm )

This is the rule. It never got changed. It goes for all simon says commands.
You could suggest to change it the way you mentioned, if you like Wink But you would have to clarify "doing shit".

x-regit-x
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 684
Birthday : 1992-08-21
Job/hobbies : Soaring (hobby)
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by QuickSilver Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:43 am

I'm kinda busy right now (@ work), but here's how I had it in my head:

The 20 second rule is for simon says commands regarding freezing/jumping (to indeed prevent endless freezing/jumping times). But for the other simon says commands, it was my understanding that the time frame can be stretched a bit if the CT is trying to trick the T's.

If it turns out that I was wrong, I'm sorry for providing a faulty answer.
QuickSilver
QuickSilver
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2691
Birthday : 1957-02-06
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by kami (GER] Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:22 am

in my opinion this 20 sec rule is bull..
the cts should just command straight and there wouldnt be a need for such a rule.. the terorrist stops a timer and after 20 sec he spamms "20 SEC RULE !!" and runs around.. often enough the cts shot them then and then the ts spammed freekill blabla..
2month ago was no freakin 20sec rule. it lost the sence of commanding prisoners when it came up.
kami (GER]
kami (GER]

Male Number of posts : 1488
Birthday : 1990-07-09
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkNess Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:47 am

hajaka wrote:lateley i was just reading the forums and i came along this:

just trying to get this cleared up. also would be funny if nase had it wrong for once Very Happy

Sounds like something i would say =p

Anyhow, Ive discussed the 20 second rule with Mati a few times and it can be extended to a longer time example 35sec if u are explaining something etc etc.
DarkNess
DarkNess

Male Number of posts : 4591
Birthday : 1994-07-24
Job/hobbies : This is Serious.
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by LTUMax JB Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:31 am

so 20 sec rule is in fact 25-35 second rule, and its crap...... i think the RULE SHOULDNT be extended..... i think it SHOULD be 20 seconds.... for EVERY command, coz then Global Simon Says is a bit More Tense for CT's.....

But i think that 20 second rule should be Spammed by CT AND T and after 25 seconds the T should be allowed to f**k off the rule and do what they want, until a new command is presented....

My opinion anyway. and CT shudnt camp in gun room on freedays- nubs Razz

LTUMax JB

Number of posts : 65
Birthday : 1992-01-05
Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by oempaloempa Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:54 am

DarkNess wrote:

Anyhow, Ive discussed the 20 second rule with Mati a few times and it can be extended to a longer time example 35sec if u are explaining something etc etc.

so i get this correctly? : when it is any simon says command or freeze command the 20 second rule CAN be extended when you are trying to trick someone or when you're explaining something?
oempaloempa
oempaloempa

Male Number of posts : 287
Birthday : 1994-10-10
Job/hobbies : playing games/unemployed/school
Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by LTUMax JB Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:31 pm

yes hajaka...... apparently Sad its very gay..... coz the T know its 20 seconds (BECAUSE THE RULE IS CALLED 20 SECONDS RULE?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!!? WTF?!?!?!?!) and it turns out its NOT 20 seconds Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy its actually 30-35 !!!!

Its like saying we're gonna do Global Simon Says Day.... Ok every1 go to cage we're doing last reaction! .... its Idiotic to say 20 second rule, but it lasts for 30seconds!!!! wtf

LTUMax JB

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkNess Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:54 pm

hajaka wrote:
DarkNess wrote:

so i get this correctly? : when it is any simon says command or freeze command the 20 second rule CAN be extended when you are trying to trick someone or when you're explaining something?

Well for example take this:

Commander says:Simon says crouch and freeze

*Wait 10sec*

Commander says:Ok now Oempaloempa is Simon

Oempaloempa says: Simon says jump and ceep on jumping,

The t's are still supposed to be freezing and crouching but this trick takes more then 20sec to do so you will always have people screaming FREEKILL when you kill them if they jump because they will say 20sec rule was over etc etc.

The 20 sec rule was made so t's wouldnt have to do the simon says command for very long while the commander is just jumping on the trampoline for example.

Ofcourse the 20 sec rule can be extended when you are busy explaining something or busy trying to trick them.
DarkNess
DarkNess

Back to top Go down

Post by x-regit-x Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:17 pm

if you read carefully you see what really is written in the rule.
it says a reasonable time, and ~20 (the meaning of it in words: about twenty) seconds, so it can be more. the 20 seconds rule is not an official name.

in some cases you could extend it, but don't extend it too much. because the reason for this rule was the endless crouching and freezing for the terrorists, which still didn't improve.

the commander should know it himself when the time is over, the Terrorists shouldn't need to tell it to him, like it is mostly the case.

x-regit-x
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 684
Birthday : 1992-08-21
Job/hobbies : Soaring (hobby)
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by LTUMax JB Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:26 am

Do u think the T's will be frozen for more than 20 seconds Razz if its called "20 second rule" then the T's will instantly understand it as....... Twenty seconds! Very Happy

The t's will endlessly spam the chat, even if its "allowed" to extend it WITHOUT ANY WARNING? (in mic or something... Razz i dunno), there will always be freekills, and wrongly accused freekills and whatever u might wanna call it...

Personally i'd say its a freekill... 20 second rule should be 20 seconds, NO extensions, NO nothing. 20 seconds of freezing / jumping on ur spot / remaining stationary and NO MORE. if CT's cant trick in 20 seconds, then they fail Very Happy

LTUMax JB

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkNess Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:11 am

LTUMax JB wrote:Do u think the T's will be frozen for more than 20 seconds Razz if its called "20 second rule" then the T's will instantly understand it as....... Twenty seconds! Very Happy

The t's will endlessly spam the chat, even if its "allowed" to extend it WITHOUT ANY WARNING? (in mic or something... Razz i dunno), there will always be freekills, and wrongly accused freekills and whatever u might wanna call it...

Personally i'd say its a freekill... 20 second rule should be 20 seconds, NO extensions, NO nothing. 20 seconds of freezing / jumping on ur spot / remaining stationary and NO MORE. if CT's cant trick in 20 seconds, then they fail :D

Or they are just better commanders then some out there who actually try to do a diffrent action then just Simon says jump or simon says crouch!
That doesnt make them fail, it actually makes them good commanders!
Who the f cares if it takes more then 20seconds, i remember times when we didnt even have a 20 second rule.
DarkNess
DarkNess

Back to top Go down

Post by kami (GER] Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:15 am

DarkNess wrote:
LTUMax JB wrote:Do u think the T's will be frozen for more than 20 seconds Razz if its called "20 second rule" then the T's will instantly understand it as....... Twenty seconds! Very Happy

Personally i'd say its a freekill... 20 second rule should be 20 seconds, NO extensions, NO nothing. 20 seconds of freezing / jumping on ur spot / remaining stationary and NO MORE. if CT's cant trick in 20 seconds, then they fail :D

Or they are just better commanders then some out there who actually try to do a diffrent action then just Simon says jump or simon says crouch!
That doesnt make them fail, it actually makes them good commanders!
Who the f cares if it takes more then 20seconds, i remember times when we didnt even have a 20 second rule.

darkness that what i just wrote :/
kami (GER]
kami (GER]

Male Number of posts : 1488
Birthday : 1990-07-09
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:03 am

Personally i'd say its a freekill... 20 second rule should be 20 seconds, NO extensions, NO nothing. 20 seconds of freezing / jumping on ur spot / remaining stationary and NO MORE. if CT's cant trick in 20 seconds, then they fail Very Happy

This rule was never called the 20sec rule by any admins, this rule has no such name.
Just because a phew people started calling it a 20sec rule, doesn't mean it is limited to the name.

The rule should be called 'let there be no long silence after a simon says command' rule ^_^ because that is what it stands for.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 3979
Birthday : 1992-02-01
Job/hobbies : Owning you!
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content