neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rule update: Freedays and 0:00

+5
Necro
KoD
hazik666
Marksel
Mati
9 posters

Go down

Rule update: Freedays and 0:00 Empty Rule update: Freedays and 0:00

Post by Mati Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:43 pm

Hello,
I discussed with QS about the rule that Freedays can't be ended, and we decided to make that possible when the time reaches 0:00. So when it's 0:00 the CTs are able to ask the remaining Ts to go to cage/wherever, and play games.

There aren't really cons about that, and it's another option to prevent endless freedays.
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 876
Birthday : 1991-06-02
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Rule update: Freedays and 0:00 Empty Re: Rule update: Freedays and 0:00

Post by Marksel Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:52 pm

You probably oversaw the massive con:
This actually gives CT's a reason to camp CT area for 5 minutes. Before this rule came there was actually some motivation to go outside, to have fun, now you just have to survive 5min and you win as CT.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 3979
Birthday : 1992-02-01
Job/hobbies : Owning you!
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by hazik666 Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:06 pm

Agree with Marksel would just cause massive camping, Maybe allow if all cts leave ct area and survive the 5 mins they can command or something around that
hazik666
hazik666
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 4838
Birthday : 0672-12-27
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:14 pm

I don't see how that changes the mind of the campers. Campers camped and will always camp, as long as they can, how does that affect them? What I see is the possibility that meaningful stuff can be done now after a while, and not like it is often currently, where 8 minutes are past and the last 2 Ts are just running stupidly around the map.
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KoD Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:16 pm

Mati wrote:I don't see how that changes the mind of the campers. Campers camped and will always camp, as long as they can, how does that affect them? What I see is the possibility that meaningful stuff can be done now after a while, and not like it is often currently, where 8 minutes are past and the last 2 Ts are just running stupidly around the map.

+1
KoD
KoD
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Number of posts : 3513
Birthday : 1992-07-05
Job/hobbies : follow fat guys with a tuba
Registration date : 2009-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Gast Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:17 pm

KoD wrote:
Mati wrote:I don't see how that changes the mind of the campers. Campers camped and will always camp, as long as they can, how does that affect them? What I see is the possibility that meaningful stuff can be done now after a while, and not like it is often currently, where 8 minutes are past and the last 2 Ts are just running stupidly around the map.

+1
+1

Gast

Back to top Go down

Post by Necro Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:32 pm

But now the Counter-Terrorists can camp until time reaches 0:00 and then start a game which gives them a chance to win the round instead of being killed by the Terrorists team.
That's what I think.
Necro
Necro
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Male Number of posts : 3892
Birthday : 1924-02-27
Job/hobbies : Aww men I am a sciences freak!!
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:09 pm

When most of the CTs are alive in the end they win the round anyways, because the last 2-3 Ts can't successfully rebel against them. If we want to do something against that, it would be needed to restrict weapon room camping completely...
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:12 pm

Mati wrote:When most of the CTs are alive in the end they win the round anyways, because the last 2-3 Ts can't successfully rebel against them. If we want to do something against that, it would be needed to restrict weapon room camping completely...

Which would be a far better change than this one, because not only will it make freedays more fun, CT's wont just give freedays anymore when they are too lazy to command, as they will have to move their buts anyway even if it is a freeday.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 3979
Birthday : 1992-02-01
Job/hobbies : Owning you!
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Smile Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:13 pm

Mati wrote:When most of the CTs are alive in the end they win the round anyways, because the last 2-3 Ts can't successfully rebel against them. If we want to do something against that, it would be needed to restrict weapon room camping completely...

sounds fine for me.
But add restricted freeday then, so CTs can only be in one part of the map like pool or w/e ( no gunroom)
Smile
Smile

Male Number of posts : 1829
Birthday : 1992-08-07
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by x-regit-x Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 pm

I disagree with this rule change.
Freeday was a day where Terrorists should win (and this not by winning last request). In my opinion camping Counter-Terrorists (who just want to survive and get as much frags as possible) are destroying freedays. It happens too often that freedays end with last request. This rule change does not make this attitude better, it will make it worse.

Restricting weapon room camping completely would not be the optimal solution but imo a far better one.

x-regit-x
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 684
Birthday : 1992-08-21
Job/hobbies : Soaring (hobby)
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:20 pm

Marksel wrote:

Which would be a far better change than this one, because not only will it make freedays more fun, CT's wont just give freedays anymore when they are too lazy to command, as they will have to move their buts anyway even if it is a freeday.
This was already for discussion in the first weeks of jailbreak, and I'm afraid that a "no weapon room camping" rule would be too strict in most people eyes and would cause whining, even though it's senseless and just destroying the game. Maybe you remember some thoughts like "only 2-3 people are allowed camping in weapon room", but that's not possible, either disallow it completely, or set general restrictions.

I think we should consider that all again (weapon room camping, "conditions" of freedays, "restricted" freedays), to see how the majority of (jail)members think.

Until then I think this rule is rather good then bad, since the campers camp anyways until 0:00, and those boring rounds where the last 3 Ts run around the map gets prevented.

@regit: I have the same thoughts, and I "fighted" a long time in the beginning of jailbreak against it. It was pretty senseless though because the "camping lobby" was too large. :p

x-regit-x wrote:Restricting weapon room camping completely would not be the optimal solution but imo a far better one.
Then what would it be?
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by x-regit-x Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:15 am

Mati wrote:[...]
x-regit-x wrote:Restricting weapon room camping completely would not be the optimal solution but imo a far better one.
Then what would it be?
I don't know what the best rule(s) would be for this.
What i have in mind about good CT behaviour on freedays would not be good as rules.

Only one, maybe two CT in gunroom, but not camping. Showing themself so that Terrorists see them and won't run in. Only if they get attacked they can go behind walls so that they have at least a few chances to survive.
The rest of the CT Team should not camp anywhere. They can run around in the map. But not more than two, or if there are only a few Terrorists left one, CT in one place.
This way Terrorists would have more chances to rebel without dying before or directly after. The Counter-Terrorists could still survive some minutes if they are good (or even win the round). But as rules it would be bad.

x-regit-x
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 684
Birthday : 1992-08-21
Job/hobbies : Soaring (hobby)
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Coffeecake Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:42 pm

i think that a freeday should be simply t's get to go ANYWHERE they want because no cts are covering gunroom, they hide or try to make a base to camp somewhere else.They can kill a t for having guns or for attacking, but not for being in ct area.This will make freedays quick and fun.
Coffeecake
Coffeecake

Male Number of posts : 390
Birthday : 1996-09-18
Job/hobbies : NeonDragon, football, music
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Spx. Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:12 pm

I think that only allowing 1-2 CT's to be inside the ctarea would be a solution, but there are some side-effects, for example: who will decide who stays in the ctarea (CT's will only start flaming each other)? No one will be able to manage this in the "current jailbreak" we got.

Allowing the "restricted freedays" again, could be a lot better, but it should only be one room which can be restricted. This would still be camping, but the Terrorists have a much more chance of getting guns and by that they may get more 'attracted' to riotting, which means the freedays will end faster.

I think allowing the "restricted" freedays back will help.
Spx.
Spx.

Male Number of posts : 2072
Birthday : 1995-11-02
Job/hobbies : Skating mountainbiking, snowboarding, outdoor sports =)
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down