neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Last Request option

+6
Mati
Marksel
Mizurri
Necro
Emziek
K!ng
10 posters

Go down

New Last Request option Empty New Last Request option

Post by K!ng Tue May 25, 2010 6:45 pm

Ok, I see there is already added a new option to the Last Request-options recently, but still..think my idea is different from the existing options.

Name: Well, haven't thought of a good and appropriate name yet, but let's call it the "K!ng-game" for now.

This game is meant as a fast Last Request-option, so very suited if the round/day already took a while and players would be pissed off when they have to wait for a long LR (like S4S).

How it works:
- The CT picks a number from 1 to 5 and says the number in teamspeak, so only he/she and his/her fellow CT's know the number. They can't say the number to a T (will be punished by a member or admin).
- The T has to guess the number the CT picked. If the T guessed the right number, the CT loses the LR and therefore the CT has to die. If the T guessed the wrong number, the T loses the LR and therefore the T has to die.

So you see: it's a very easy game to understand and it will be over in no-time, so everyone can start with the next round in no-time! Variations of the game are also possible of course. Like larger/smaller range of numbers, or make it a 50/50-guess, or the T has more than 1 try.

Or maybe not as LR-game, but play it with more players and make it a bit like a Russain Roulette for the T's:
- The Commander picks a number (the range depends how many T's there are alive and playing the game) and says the number in teamspeak, so no cheating is possible.
- Turn by turn the T's has to say a number, they can't say a number which is already been said.
- The T who said the number the Commander picked (so make sure you have the right range of numbers, so 1 T eventually has to say the right number) has to die.
- You can play this on and on, untill there is 1 T left. Be sure you make the range of numbers -1 every time a T dies.

Just thought of this games, so I think they are some flaws. Up to you to think of variations of the game which will improve the game or come with suggestion that will make the game better! Any idea is welcome of course!

K!ng

Male Number of posts : 175
Birthday : 1988-04-17
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Back to top Go down

New Last Request option Empty Re: New Last Request option

Post by Emziek Tue May 25, 2010 10:15 pm

I don't like the firt game, would be better with 50/50, and that the plugin chooe a random number and say it in CT team chat like 1 or 2.

The 2nd game is great!
Emziek
Emziek

Male Number of posts : 1027
Birthday : 1996-04-18
Job/hobbies : laughing
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Necro Wed May 26, 2010 7:45 am

K!ng wrote:Or maybe not as LR-game, but play it with more players and make it a bit like a Russain Roulette for the T's:
- The Commander picks a number (the range depends how many T's there are alive and playing the game) and says the number in teamspeak, so no cheating is possible.
- Turn by turn the T's has to say a number, they can't say a number which is already been said.
- The T who said the number the Commander picked (so make sure you have the right range of numbers, so 1 T eventually has to say the right number) has to die.
- You can play this on and on, untill there is 1 T left. Be sure you make the range of numbers -1 every time a T dies.

I invented that game time ago and it wasn't succesfuly because the CTs used to say the number via Steam chat
Necro
Necro
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Male Number of posts : 3892
Birthday : 1924-02-27
Job/hobbies : Aww men I am a sciences freak!!
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizurri Wed May 26, 2010 8:06 am

I liked the Russain Roulette idea,

I dont know if its possiable? not his idea but more like

you have a Deagle with 1 bullit in it. The T comes closer with the Deagle to the CT. And shoots, if the bullit was in there, the T won, But if the bullit wasnt, The T needs to drop his gun and give it to the Ct so he can come closer and shoot at his head,

The one that catches the bullit with his head loses:P
(I dont know if thats possiable, dont think so, but its quite awesome i think)
Mizurri
Mizurri
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 5130
Birthday : 2006-06-06
Job/hobbies : Fulltime Gangster
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Wed May 26, 2010 8:52 am

The russian roulette game is against the rules when you think about it.

It gives special treatment to the Terrorists that gets to choose earlyer.
Even if you do not kill until everyone has chosen. Simply do the maths and you'll find out that the later you get to say the number, the higher your chance is to die.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 3979
Birthday : 1992-02-01
Job/hobbies : Owning you!
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by K!ng Wed May 26, 2010 9:36 am

The T's who are guessing a number as one of the firsts, don't have an advantage, Marksel. And of course the CT reveals the number after every T guessed a number.

The first T has just the same chance of picking the number the CT said in teamchat as the last T. It's just a game of chances, gambling. Unless the T's know the number, all chances to pick the number are equal to eachother, believe me. So no "special treatment". Compare it to...dividing cards (when you play blackjack for example). The first person who get his cards, doesn't always have better cards than the last person who get his cards, right? Well, same principle with this game. Not sure why you think the first T's are getting a "special treatment"...

And @Faatzor: You are thinking of real Russian Roulette! ^^ But think it's impossible to insert such a plugin, or difficult at least. Unless someone can write a plugin that automatically jams all shots but 1 of the deagle...

K!ng

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Wed May 26, 2010 12:45 pm

K!ng wrote:The T's who are guessing a number as one of the firsts, don't have an advantage, Marksel. And of course the CT reveals the number after every T guessed a number.

The first T has just the same chance of picking the number the CT said in teamchat as the last T. It's just a game of chances, gambling. Unless the T's know the number, all chances to pick the number are equal to eachother, believe me. So no "special treatment". Compare it to...dividing cards (when you play blackjack for example). The first person who get his cards, doesn't always have better cards than the last person who get his cards, right? Well, same principle with this game. Not sure why you think the first T's are getting a "special treatment"...

And @Faatzor: You are thinking of real Russian Roulette! ^^ But think it's impossible to insert such a plugin, or difficult at least. Unless someone can write a plugin that automatically jams all shots but 1 of the deagle...

King:
The chance for every number to be the number you picked as CT's is thesame, yes.
However, the chance to pick that number while not being able to pick a number that was already picked by someone before you, increases your chance to pick the right number.

I know this sounds counterintuitive but it's simply true. Mathmatically and in this case also practically this is a fact.
The maths are a bit too complicated to simply explain over here, but you're going to have to take my word on the fact that:
The last one to choose the number will have a 1/(n-1)/n'th chance higher with an n larger than 2. n being the amount of Terrorists.
Aka, if you have 5 terrorists, the last terrorist will have a 1/4/5=1/20=5% higher chance to pick the number.
if you have 3 terrorists, the last terrorist will have a 1/2/3=1/6=16,67% higher chance to pick the selected number.

If you play this with like 10 terrorists then this higher chance is probably neglectable, so I wouldn't see a problem with that, but it doesn't sound much like a game I'd play with more than 10 terrorists though Razz
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by K!ng Wed May 26, 2010 6:11 pm

Still think Marksel is wrong, think it has something to do with not knowing if someone have chosen the right number or not. But I forgot a lot about chance experiments. Computing the chances of this game will be a good refreshment of my memory (when I find my math book again) Very Happy)
(If I'm wrong, explain to me your formula. Why (n-1)? Be my guest to explain Very Happy)

But I accidently didn't read Necro's post and he has a point. The game can't be executed because of the ability of private chat via Steam or another medium. So Necro is right and the game would be a complete failure, unless the CT's don't know the number either (number picked by the sever and revealed after guessing....?)
Weird though that "Gewehr" suddenly came up with the same idea/game...haha

So forgot about the game (unless the condition standing above can be met).

K!ng

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Wed May 26, 2010 7:00 pm

I also think that Marksel's arguments are incorrect because the Ts don't get to know if previous picked numbers are correct or not.

If the number gets revealed after everyone has chosen, the chances are even. There should be no difference when every T gets assigned a random number, or everyone chooses a random number by themselve, and the order should be irrelevant as well?

I kinda like these ideas and will think of ways to implement that within /lr or a plugin.

EDIT: I wrote a script, which simulates that. There are 5 players, each of them choosing a random number between 1-5. Player 1 always starts first, Player 2 second, etc.. When the number is already chosen, the other players can't choose it anymore. These are the winning percentage after playing the game a million times:

C:\xampplite\php\scripts>php -f roulette.php
Result after 1000000 rounds:

Player 1: 199872 (= 19.9872%)
Player 2: 199517 (= 19.9517%)
Player 3: 200063 (= 20.0063%)
Player 4: 200384 (= 20.0384%)
Player 5: 200164 (= 20.0164%)

As you can see it's pretty much even.

(with 100k times):
Spoiler:
omg im such a nerd Very Happy
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 876
Birthday : 1991-06-02
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Thu May 27, 2010 2:17 am

Yep, my appologies.
I seemed to have used the wrong formulas there =/

It would be that way if the T's indeed would know if the right number was already chosen or not.

Even though even with mati's calculations you could still say the last player has a higher chance, however that chance is neglectable.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by K!ng Thu May 27, 2010 3:22 am

Sweet.

But now the difficulty Necro mentioned. If the CT's know the number beforehand, they can tell the number via Steam to a T. And I don't know if a plugin will work (then you have suddenly 1 game that only works with a plugin...).
But a plugin is possible when the game will be adjusted to a LR-game...

K!ng

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Thu May 27, 2010 5:59 am

I'm pretty sure now that the chances are also even when the players get to know the result after someone else has chosen.

If someone misses before, the chances that the T picks it now is obviously higher due to the smaller range, but the chances before the game started are even, and simulating that scenario a million times brings same results about winning/loosing percentage.

This has not much to do with the /lr option though, and I'm planning to implement that by letting each of them choose a number between 1 and 7 via menu, whereas one is the "bullet". The CT starts first, if he didn't hit, it's the Ts turn with same chances.
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by K!ng Thu May 27, 2010 8:33 am

If someone misses before, the chances that the T picks it now is obviously higher due to the smaller range, but the chances before the game started are even

True, but don't think a simulation will bring the same results since the game always will be started. Of course all T's have the same chance beforehand, but after the first T picked a number and all T's know if he was or right, the chances for the next T's chance immediately.

Another option is to make the game an "indepent chance experiment": the CT picks after each guess of a T another number from the same range of numbers (could also be the same number). This gives every T 100% the same chance and on the average 1 T will lose (lose = picking the right number) every round/game (round/game = every T have guessed once). In this way the T who picks the right number can be slaughtered immediately after his/her guess.
A disadvantage of this game is that it won't be certain every game has 1 T who loses (can also be more or can be none). So (an) adaption(s) are desirable.

Oh, read that last part of your post now Razz.

This has not much to do with the /lr option though, and I'm planning to implement that by letting each of them choose a number between 1 and 7 via menu, whereas one is the "bullet". The CT starts first, if he didn't hit, it's the Ts turn with same chances.

Sounds nice, like Russain Roulette! But don't understand 1 thing: if it won't be a LR-game, why should the CT also pick a number?
And if you make a menu of it, can you make it in a way that the other T's don't see what number the previous T's picked? Cause then can it be made very simple....:

First of all the Commander (CT) has to start the game (by selecting it in a menu or saying the name in chat or something like that). Every T has to choose to play the game or not. When they agree to play the game, they will glow, so the CT can see which T is playing the game. If they see a T not glowing, they can kill that T. This "glowing" is is necessary so T's who got away won't be bothered with the game and continue escaping, while the CT's can see which T is following the orders of the Commander (namely playing the game) and which T is not.
Servers selects a number (from 1-n with n = amount of T's playing the game) which no one will know. In the screen of every T* will appear a menu with the numbers 1-n (n = amount of T's). They all have to pick a number (they all can pick the numbers 1-n, so they can also pick the same numbers). They will have a timelimit of 10 seconds to pick a number, if they didn't pick a number within 10 seconds, they will die (so afk's won't ruin the game). After the 10 secondes the T's who picked the right number (the number that the server selected) will be slain by the server (or another option: the colour of their glow will change so the CT's can see which T picked the right number and can kill those T's). The right number will not be revealed!
Now the second round of the game starts. The same menu will appear again and the T's have to pick a number from 1-n again, but this time their previous choice is blocked, so they can pick the same number. 10 secondes time limit again and results (T's who picked right number die). The right number still won't be revealed.
Third round: Menu - T's pick number from 1-n again, but now 2 numbers are blocked (numbers they picked in the first and second round).

Well, can go on like this..But you see that the chance of surviving will decrease with every round (1/n - 1/(n-1) - 1/(n-2) - and so on..). This will result in eventually 1 winner, a few winners or no winners...

Well, hope you understand it Razz. Basicly every T has 100% the same chance of winning/losing. But there are still some flaws of course:

- After a T is killed/slain for picking the right number (sounds paradoxical Razz) they will know the number which is selected by the server. They can tell this number via chat or steamchat, so the game can be rigged. This can be fixed by changing the number every round, but the game duration will be longer then (and the the T's will be able to pick any number every round, so no number will be blocked).
- The end of the game if also not that "smooth"...

*With every T I mean of course, every T who is playing the game.

Last edited by K!ng on Thu May 27, 2010 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total

K!ng

Back to top Go down

Post by K!ng Thu May 27, 2010 8:38 am

Hmm...long story, but when you put it in practice is it very simple actually..

K!ng

Back to top Go down

Post by Coffeecake Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:58 pm

well some of you that remember the command where someone would type /ct ( a ct of course) and would become the commander for the day. A Way to play that game would be possible if that menu was re-implicated.Brilliant idea, and you have my full support.
Coffeecake
Coffeecake

Male Number of posts : 390
Birthday : 1996-09-18
Job/hobbies : NeonDragon, football, music
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:17 pm

Added russian roulette as a /lr option now! Have fun and see /lrhelp!
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pn Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:26 pm

its an awesome lr, the bad thing is that it does not require skills

the odds are
1/6
1/5
1/4
1/3
1/2
pn
pn

Male Number of posts : 2286
Birthday : 1993-04-07
Job/hobbies : hmmm beer
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Fagnatic Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:34 pm

pn wrote:its an awesome lr, the bad thing is that it does not require skills

the odds are
1/6
1/5
1/4
1/3
1/2

1/7 and 1/8?
Fagnatic
Fagnatic

Male Number of posts : 2699
Birthday : 1994-02-25
Registration date : 2010-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by SultaN Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:50 pm

Red-Phoenix wrote:
pn wrote:its an awesome lr, the bad thing is that it does not require skills

the odds are
1/6
1/5
1/4
1/3
1/2

1/7 and 1/8?
A russian roulette gun has only 6 places for a bullet T_T
SultaN
SultaN
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 1732
Birthday : 1993-01-16
Job/hobbies : Basketball, Soccer, Gaming
Registration date : 2010-04-02

http://www.dutch-gs.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by K!ng Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:26 pm

Mati wrote:Added russian roulette as a /lr option now! Have fun and see /lrhelp!

Nice, didn't know that people were actually working on this feature! I'm gonna try it as soon as possible!

Last edited by K!ng on Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

K!ng

Back to top Go down

Post by SultaN Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:05 pm

I played this and it is just AWESOME!
It's never boring because you never know when someone is going to die.

Very nice, good job mati.
SultaN
SultaN
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 1732
Birthday : 1993-01-16
Job/hobbies : Basketball, Soccer, Gaming
Registration date : 2010-04-02

http://www.dutch-gs.nl/

Back to top Go down