neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Combining Games. A clarification needed.

+4
Mizurri
conex
QuickSilver
Agent Smith
8 posters

Go down

Combining Games. A clarification needed. Empty Combining Games. A clarification needed.

Post by Agent Smith Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:26 am

So is this allowed or not?

Today, I played smithsayslastreactionconfusiongame on the servers again, but some people said me in steam chat its not allowed. Like samstein, and this is the conversation:

Agent Smith: let me explain it.
Agent Smith: about that game.
SamStein: you were not smith but still had to say smith says?
SamStein: its confusion game
SamStein: yeah
SamStein: last time I heard you cant combine two games
Agent Smith: well of course i didnt knew anything about 20 secs rule, so im sorry aobut that
Agent Smith: but when mati i think posted the results on the forums, of the log
Agent Smith: that 'no combining' was actually aimed towards simon says during something else
Agent Smith: like a soccer competition, or making a tower
SamStein: so you can combine simon says with confusion game
SamStein: and last reaction?
Agent Smith: the thing is, there isn't any clarification about that
Agent Smith: i posted what i think on the forums
SamStein: so we do whatever we want
Agent Smith: and many jail members supported my statement, although that was the rule
Agent Smith: and SSLRCG was created far before the rule was made
SamStein: wth is SSLRCG
Agent Smith: smithsayslastreactionconfusiongame
Agent Smith: kind of a long word though.
SamStein: the new rule about not combining games is because you shouldnt combine simon says with last reaction
SamStein: cause it makes it very difficult for terrorist
Agent Smith: but when i said something on forum about that combining games is stupid on the other side, many jail members supported me.
Agent Smith: the purpose of jail isnt to let the terrorists alive
Agent Smith: otherwise we keep having like 15 mins rounds all the time
Agent Smith: i guess the people who are killed dont really like that
Agent Smith: mati said we are going back to combining games rule, but right now there isnt a clarification about that
Agent Smith: whether its actually allowed or not
Agent Smith: because this factor, was actually the core of jailbreak
Agent Smith: otherwise we wouldnt have any variation
Agent Smith: simon says, hns, freeday
Agent Smith: hmm... what else?
Agent Smith: race maybe, spray contest
SamStein: I repeat what I said
SamStein: you can still do that
Agent Smith: people who are very experienced just dont fall for normal simon says.
SamStein: you can still hns, simon says and freeday
Agent Smith: this way the rounds never end
SamStein: people learn that fast
Agent Smith: the only way to make the rounds faster in some ways is as i said, combining games
SamStein: ok then I will start doing it again
Agent Smith: i want jailbreak not to go boring, it should be a challenge. otherwise it will lose popularity.

As I said in my last sentence, jailbreak should be a challenge, not stupid simon says, hns. and some other games which grow old.

Give your opinion about this and say whether you like combined games or not.

And remember, I will still play smithsayslastreactionconfusiongame because this is one of the best games so far, it really needs thinking instead of blindlessly playing a game. This is what is so good about it, making the people on the server smarter.

and this game was combined before the rule was implemented.
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Male Number of posts : 2308
Birthday : 1995-04-29
Registration date : 2009-07-08

Back to top Go down

Combining Games. A clarification needed. Empty Re: Combining Games. A clarification needed.

Post by QuickSilver Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:34 am

There's ways around not-combining, but I think we should be able to combine some games. We shouldn't treat the T's like little kids who we can't mess with by means of making a game difficult. That's what the fun is all about.

The games we combined weren't overly difficult that everyone failed. SSLRCG is the most epic game ever and was already very popular when I first found out about nD JB.

I know people will say "then don't play Simon says", but the fact is that it's the most played game and you won't be able to get rid of that so easily.

I agree with:
Agent Smith wrote:jailbreak should be a challenge
QuickSilver
QuickSilver
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2691
Birthday : 1957-02-06
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Combining Games. A clarification needed. Empty Re: Combining Games. A clarification needed.

Post by conex Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:13 am

you know ! i hope its allowed to combinde last reation with simon says,,, again soon ! Smile but the new rules made it pretty clear for me that its not allowed to play a game inside of a game.. and simon says is game and last reation is a game so ?
conex
conex
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 1458
Birthday : 1992-10-28
Job/hobbies : artist...
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizurri Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:51 am

Combinating games, shows you would fail if you hadnt it ..=.=
Commanders these days, in the old days we had to command with only 3 bullits !!!!!!
Mizurri
Mizurri
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 5130
Birthday : 2006-06-06
Job/hobbies : Fulltime Gangster
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Pukata Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:12 am

AT the meeting we had, peoples was quite tired of simon says because u combined simon says with other games and by that spending a whole round playing simon says, and also its a way of avoiding the warning rule.

So most members voted that it shouldnt be allowed combining games together so we could have a variation of games insteed of constant simon says together with last reaction.

This was the solution, u cannot play a game inside a game ur alreddy playing. But u can invent a new name for it like confusedlast where u play confusion game and the last guy who does ur command gets killed,

My opinion:
In my eyes games like simon says are a joke, they are played constantly cuz of cts who dunno other metods of commanding. We need variations damn.. not only members who brings the fun to the game, we need to learn new cts other games so peoples dont start leaving cuz of the same games over and over again... almost Every single rounds start and ends with simon says..

Pukata
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1872
Birthday : 1993-07-21
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:08 pm

That was the result of a vote in the last meeting. See here for all infos and the complete log.

Background:
Simon says often got played the whole round beeing active all the time. Additionally, new games got started inside simon, and confusion came up. My conclusion was, that you have to switch to "simon says combined with xyz" then. It's a new game which get's active then, and the new game exist of other games that gets combined.

Logically, it would be fine this way. Pukata came up with the suggestion though, to not make it possible in general, to combine *any* game with the "simon says"-element. And of course there are good arguments for that, like he mentioned. And there are also counter-arguments, for example, challenging games that can be made then, smithsayslastreactioncolorsconfusiongame is just awesome. I for myself also liked the idea of just combining LR and simon says if it's done properly.

The majority of the online members however voted for "No - that shouldn't be possible", but many members weren't present. Generally, it's possible to create a vote to appeal existing rules, by bringing in the arguments for it, and starting the vote for example in nD private.

But with the current rule which got created it's not possible. Either it get's void again OR exceptions get's added to this rule.
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 876
Birthday : 1991-06-02
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by QuickSilver Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:19 pm

In that case, I'd say let's make a poll-thread, so all members will be able to vote on the idea.
QuickSilver
QuickSilver
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2691
Birthday : 1957-02-06
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by nase Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:08 pm

I really want to have the possibility of combining simon says with last reaction(SSLRCG also) back because you was able to trick some guys all the time and the terrorists have to listen exactly to what the commander says because when they don't, they die.
nase
nase
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 1177
Birthday : 1993-07-01
Registration date : 2009-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by hazik666 Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:09 pm

Smithsayslastreactionconfusiongame is an exception i believe
Because it is 1 game with all the games combined and everyone finds it fun
hazik666
hazik666
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 4838
Birthday : 0672-12-27
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down