neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Follow the rules!

+6
hazik666
Mizurri
Agent Smith
Mati
kami (GER]
Marksel
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Follow the rules! Empty Follow the rules!

Post by Marksel Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:46 am

Something I have seen ALOT of CT's (including nD* members) forget, and that is this:
Reasons to kill a T:
-Attacking an officer
-Having a weapon
-Entering CT area
-Refusing to listen to a command after 3 warnings

this means:
Today is a cageday, everyone crouch to the cage.
If someone stands up for a split second, you cannot kill! the most you can do is shoot them in the foot to warn them about what they are doing.

if you get off of the line you die.

Saying this isn't even allowed because it simply is not true. It is a command and commands require warnings. If someone steps one foot off of the line you may NOT kill him, you have to warn him.

It currently seems like we are playing a game like simon says continuously, where if you disobey a command you get killed instantly. this is NOT the case! we are not playing some kind of cloaked simon says, we are playing jailbreak, and jailbreak has rules to follow. And I see that nearly every CT is not following those rules.

EDIT:
since I am going on about following the rules strictly anyway:

When you are playing a game it is different. Simon says would be impossible if you would have to give every1 3 warnings. Simon says isn't a command, but a game.
Thesame goes for last reaction, and just about every other game out there.

While we're at strictly following rules anyway, there are also alot of simon says tricks that shouldn't be allowed. I'll give you a basic explanation of of the basics of Simon Says.

When you play simon says, you can kill someone if:
They were commanded to do something with simon says, and afterwards do not follow that command.
For example.
Simon says crouch to the cage
Now, everyone has to crouch to the cage, not crouching to the cage results in a kill. This does NOT include things like: jumping or slashing the ground or anything alike. Why? as long as they are crouching towards the cage it is fine, if they are jumping while crouching to the cage, this does not oppose the command. If you do not want them to jump then specify this in the command by saying: Simon says crouch to the cage, you are not allowed to jump..
This is quite understandable by most I guess, but here comes a big problem:
So the essence of the game is, doing something else than a simon says command results into death.
Look at this situation. All T's are inside the cage and we are not playing simon says yet. A CT says: We are going to play Simon Says, Simon says I'm Simon, get to the middle of the cage, after this command some T's line up in the middle of the cage, or already were in the middle of the cage, and the CT starts to kill everyone in the middle of the cage. Every single kill would be a FREEKILL. Why? There has been no simon says command yet, disallowing them to be in the middle of the cage, therefore they did NOT do something else than what they have been commanded through a simon says command.

Last edited by Marksel on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 3979
Birthday : 1992-02-01
Job/hobbies : Owning you!
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Follow the rules! Empty Re: Follow the rules!

Post by kami (GER] Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:00 am

if u play it with simon says, then u can kill without warning, right?

and when we give orders without simon says, i will tell the CTs again, that this what u list up is not allowed. Smile
kami (GER]
kami (GER]

Male Number of posts : 1488
Birthday : 1990-07-09
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:08 am

You can kill terrorist without warnings if they fail in a game, rebel(escape/having weapons/didn't follow the orders multiple times), or beeing in a CT restricted area.
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 876
Birthday : 1991-06-02
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:13 am

you can even give less warnings when you are threatened.
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Male Number of posts : 2308
Birthday : 1995-04-29
Registration date : 2009-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by kami (GER] Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:14 am

lets play a situation:

Its cellday, all stay in cell or die.
-cells got opened-
~Ts who runs out get killed without warning~ << allowed?
-after this-
simon says i am simon, simon says crouch to the line, if u stand up or jump u get killed.
~running or jumping Ts get killed without warning~ << allowed?
kami (GER]
kami (GER]

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:15 am

My opinion is that when you are playing games you are allowed to not give warnings.
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Male Number of posts : 2308
Birthday : 1995-04-29
Registration date : 2009-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by kami (GER] Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:19 am

with the cellday. should there be warnings if they left the cell or kill directly. cause i hate the game and want it to be less unfair for newcomers. its a day for fragwhores.
kami (GER]
kami (GER]

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizurri Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:25 am

which part of :

"dont get out of your self or you will get killed"

Should a newcomer not understand?

ofc i hate celldays..but when they leave like 3 feet i would say okee go back.

but when they go all towards the cage or somewhere else i would say kill.
Mizurri
Mizurri
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 5130
Birthday : 2006-06-06
Job/hobbies : Fulltime Gangster
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:27 am

kami (GER] wrote:lets play a situation:

-cells got opened-
In my opinion no, and I wonder how it is widely accepted by the members. As you can see "all stay in cell" is a normal command, with has to be followed with warnings if it doesn't get obeyed. In this case - "get back in the cells"....if they still don't do it "ok, get back in the cells and stay in there, in 5...4...3...2...1". That would be correctly.
-after this-
simon says i am simon, simon says crouch to the line, if u stand up or jump u get killed.
Yes, because that's a game, and if they do not follow the simon order properly, they fail at this game, and can get killed instantly.

Last edited by Mati on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kami (GER] Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:28 am

cause of this. most newcommers think cell- cage <.< perhaps the same here, cause they did never heard anything of a cellday.
kami (GER]
kami (GER]

Back to top Go down

Post by kami (GER] Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:29 am

Mati wrote:

-cells got opened-
In my opinion no, and I wonder how it is widely accepted by the members. As you can see "all stay in cell" is a normal command, with has to be followed with warnings if it doesn't get obeyed. In this case - "get back in the cells"....if they still don't do it "ok, get back in the cells and stay in there, in 5...4...3...2...1". That would be correctly.

okay thanks.. i will teach the other cts..
kami (GER]
kami (GER]

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizurri Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

but when they leave like 3 feet i would say okee go back.

but when they go all towards the cage or somewhere else i would say kill.
Mizurri
Mizurri
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 5130
Birthday : 2006-06-06
Job/hobbies : Fulltime Gangster
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:37 am

kami (GER] wrote:
Mati wrote:

-cells got opened-

okay thanks.. i will teach the other cts..
"Simon says im simon, simon says when the cells open stay in the cells and don't leave them" would be valid though, because there is no restriction about when or where you have to start a game. But just saying "cellday" once and start a massacre then, is pretty faulty.
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:39 am

-cells got opened-
-after this-

In my eyes, cellday is comparable to a game, just like with simon says/last reaction, removing the aspect of killing without warning would render it useless. So yes you can kill them. You do have to explain however that at a cellday you die if you leave your cell, rather than saying 'TODAY IS CELLDAY!' opening up, and killing all that leave their cells.

Simon says is a game like I specified, failing at the game results into a kill.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:47 am

Now we were already going into simon says, I just edited my initial post including another flaw in the rules of simon says.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:17 pm

Marksel wrote:In my eyes, cellday is comparable to a game
What makes "cellday" a game for you? Its only goal is just to stay in cell, I can't see any aspects of a game on this one. For me it's a normal command, which can be used inside simon says if needed. Same as "cageday".

Look at this situation. All T's are inside the cage and we are not playing simon says yet. A CT says: We are going to play Simon Says, Simon says I'm Simon, get to the middle of the cage, after this command some T's line up in the middle of the cage, or already were in the middle of the cage, and the CT starts to kill everyone in the middle of the cage. Every single kill would be a FREEKILL. Why? There has been no simon says command yet, disallowing them to be in the middle of the cage, therefore they did NOT do something else than what they have been commanded through a simon says command.
Don't agree on this one. "Get to the middle of the cage" is a command inside simon says which wasn't prefixed with "simon says" then, and therefore not allowed to follow. The goal of simon says is not only following the most recent simon says order, it's also to NOT follow unprefixed orders.
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:29 pm

Mati wrote:
What makes "cellday" a game for you? Its only goal is just to stay in cell, I can't see any aspects of a game on this one. For me it's a normal command, which can be used inside simon says if needed. Same as "cageday".

I initially made this game up, and at the time I called it the 'Are you listening? game', because I noticed T's hardly ever listened before the cells opened. failing to listen during the Are you listening? game resulted in kill. This eventually became the cellday and was abused in overal by the CT's as I played this game about 3 times, and now its just as common as simon says is.

As for the Simon Says, I disagree on how you look at simon says. When you are playing simon says then simon is commanding them, not listening to simon is kill. listening to someone else has nothing to do with the Simon Says aspect of the game, unless it opposes a simon says command which has priority over anyone elses command while playing this game.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:00 pm

Marksel wrote:I initially made this game up, and at the time I called it the 'Are you listening? game', because I noticed T's hardly ever listened before the cells opened. failing to listen during the Are you listening? game resulted in kill. This eventually became the cellday and was abused in overal by the CT's as I played this game about 3 times, and now its just as common as simon says is.
But that's nothing other than "kill Ts on the first disobey", which you are criticizing. The goal of that "game" would be, obeying every order without any second chances, so it's just a way of avoiding the "warn the Ts" rule. Also, cellday isn't even that, it's just one thing, or to be more exact, one order: Stay in cells.

I know that with simon says you can also avoid the "warn Ts" rule easily, but simon says is more than just a "do every order instantly without mistakes".

As for the Simon Says, I disagree on how you look at simon says. When you are playing simon says then simon is commanding them, not listening to simon is kill. listening to someone else has nothing to do with the Simon Says aspect of the game, unless it opposes a simon says command which has priority over anyone elses command while playing this game.
I don't fully understand your last sentence. The common gaming rule of simon says is "After you declared yourself simon, Ts have to follow any order prefixed with "simon says" and can't follow unprefixed orders until the game is ended". And because "go in the middle" or "go on the table" is an unprexided order within simon says, it's not allowed to follow. That's how it's played the whole time. Maybe I misunderstood the essence of your statement.
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:20 pm

Mati wrote:
I don't fully understand your last sentence. The common gaming rule of simon says is "After you declared yourself simon, Ts have to follow any order prefixed with "simon says" and can't follow unprefixed orders until the game is ended". And because "go in the middle" or "go on the table" is an unprexided order within simon says, it's not allowed to follow. That's how it's played the whole time. Maybe I misunderstood the essence of your statement.

Allow me to explain:
The way I see Simon Says is: "After you declared yourself simon, T's have to follow any command prefixed with "simon says". This is basicly thesame as yours, but without 'and can't follow unprefixed orders'. So, you have to follow his simon says command, meaning that if you do not follow them you die. unprefixed commands can provoke T's to disobey the simon says commands and therefore can be killed if they follow them. You have to be careful with this though because if they do not disobey the simon says command, you are not entitled to kill, even if you were commanded to do something without a simon prefix.

I guess we can keep on discussing in this way because we seem to disagree on the essence of Simon Says, but this seems to be a matter that has to be specified by an extra rule.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:01 pm

@Marksel: Ah ok, I see. But I see it a bit problematical when you play simon says that way, and we never played it that way.

Example:
CT: "Simon says go to my right table"
CT: "Ok, jump to the other table now without touching the ground"
-> CT kills everyone who jumped to the other table. With your version, they can't do that, because they followed the simon says order (go to the table), and he didn't say something like "stay on the table", so the order was fulfilled. With "my version" they can, because they followed an unprefixed order.

Same goes for *any* command which hasn't "stay" in it. When it's "simon says crouch", and then "jump", he also couldn't kill them, they fullfilled the order. That would distort the whole game somehow.

On other jailbreak servers it's always played with "following unprefixed orders" results in loosing the game. It's just the common way of playing the game, just see descriptions like here.
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hazik666 Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:14 pm

Mark a better idea would be telling people in-game because the only people on forums are the people who follow all the rules
hazik666
hazik666
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 4838
Birthday : 0672-12-27
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Necro Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:21 pm

hazik666 wrote:Mark a better idea would be telling people in-game because the only people on forums are the people who follow all the rules

Yeah, you're right
It could be good if you add a new plugin to change nD* Team chat colour. You'll ask yourself 'for what change the colour?', well, changing colour could be better because regular players will be able to see what nD* Team is saying about rules or something.
When many people is using the chat, it gets flood and no one can read...
Necro
Necro
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Male Number of posts : 3892
Birthday : 1924-02-27
Job/hobbies : Aww men I am a sciences freak!!
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:04 pm

hazik666 wrote:Mark a better idea would be telling people in-game because the only people on forums are the people who follow all the rules

Did you read my post?

Marksel wrote:Something I have seen ALOT of CT's (including nD* members) forget, and that is this:

Didn't I clearly say that nearly every CT including nD* members (including you d4z0) tend to forget this rule?

Last edited by Marksel on Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BBQQ Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:22 am

Wow mati... wondered when someone will tell them this....

the last weeks it was always

"crouch to cage if you detour or delay you die"
*bam headshot*

hope this ends now...

BBQQ

Number of posts : 125
Birthday : 1991-02-06
Registration date : 2009-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:30 am

BBQQ wrote:Wow mati... wondered when someone will tell them this....

the last weeks it was always

"crouch to cage if you detour or delay you die"
*bam headshot*

hope this ends now...

its my topic Sad not his!! where's my credits!! :OO

Ontopic:
It indeed has been like that, it has gone from a jail to one of those camps where hitler sent all the jews to in WWII..
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next