neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clarity about Simon says

+3
Agent Smith
Satoko
Mati
7 posters

Go down

Clarity about Simon says Empty Clarity about Simon says

Post by Mati Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:27 pm

Hello,
at the moment, the rules for simon says aren't clear. The simon says I know is: After you declared yourself simon ("Simon says i'm simon") the game starts. Now, the terrorists have to follow any orders with the prefix "simon says" - if they don't follow that or follow commands without that prefix, they get killed, until the end of the game ("Simon says simon say its over" or "Simon says we play X now" or "Simon says we don't play simon says anymore" etc.).

Now, today I heard from satoko, that you cannot give specific commands within simon says, if they contain another place or game - so "go to X", "crouch and follow me to X", "last reaction X" or maybe even more is restricted.

Because that isn't on the rules, i want clarity about this. If such tricks are restricted, it' very hard to trick the terrorists after a while, with only "simple" commands. I also see that many terrorists gets confused with that, because many CTs don't play simon says correct, but terrorist learn quick, and after 1-2 rounds they know it, and can warn other CTs which aren't playing correct.
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 876
Birthday : 1991-06-02
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Clarity about Simon says Empty Re: Clarity about Simon says

Post by Satoko Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:32 pm

well i only can say for me but some people think simon says is over when you say go to poll and other locations outside of cage. i think that should be avoided with that.

the worset thing i've seen was mackey's "simon" and not "simon say's" when he said simon ppl did and died even for me for example the passages of that simon say's wasn't good to hear/understand, but ye.

important is that koy puts new rules on server then.
Satoko
Satoko

Male Number of posts : 1690
Birthday : 1988-02-29
Registration date : 2009-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:35 am

At smith says I won't say:simon says im simon because that is LAME and it is idiotic to say, even for starting a game. Better to say: "all right were going to play smith says".

and I won't be screwing as to say "follow me" and kill everyone who follows me because I didn't say smith says.

Smith says/Simon says should be played INSIDE a cage except when there is no cage on the map or that the cage is very far away from the cells on the map.
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Male Number of posts : 2308
Birthday : 1995-04-29
Registration date : 2009-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:35 am

Simon sais is a game intended to kill a load of terrorists so you can play other games that you wouldn't be able to do with 20 terrorists, atleast that is what i use it for.

Simon sais is simple, simon sais stays simon sais until you end it, so i dont see any problem at all with 'crouch and follow me' and killing everyone that follows you because you didn't say simon sais. There is no differance from all the other commands in my opinion

Using these 'tricks' to confuse terrorists makes the game harder, more fun, and faster. The only problem is that some CT's don't end simon sais propperly and when they say 'crouch and follow me' they forget they were simon, and THAT is where the real confusion starts. Instead of restricting tricks in simon sais, make sure that people end simon sais propperly.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 3979
Birthday : 1992-02-01
Job/hobbies : Owning you!
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoko Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:39 am

well marksel even he didn't ended his simon says people think so when he nams a location like pool for me this is ending the game and having other games on this location.
Satoko
Satoko

Male Number of posts : 1690
Birthday : 1988-02-29
Registration date : 2009-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:43 am

Satoko wrote:well marksel even he didn't ended his simon says people think so when he nams a location like pool for me this is ending the game and having other games on this location.

Exactly why i think we should stricten up how to end simon sais. If you restrict the tricks then simon sais will be a useless game, noone will lose after 2-3 rounds.. you'll just end up playing last reaction with 20 people.

Most people that play regularly on the server already know the way Mati play's simon sais anyway, i play it thesame way aswell as some others. Seems like this is the first time you saw it being played this way and it confused you, obviously, but it spices up the game and gives it more use. If he would of said thesame the round after you wouldn't have followed him, right? it doesn't take long to realise how he aswell as others play the Simon Says game.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Chasin Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:12 am

tbh, i really dont see any problem with "follow me to the pool" or something like that, aslong as you just kill fast, and not wait untill like every1 is outside of the cage and kill them all, if you just kill 1 that wasnt paying attention, i dont see the problem really.

edit: otherwise it would just take forever, cause not many people fall for "duck" or "jump".

Chasin

Male Number of posts : 845
Birthday : 1988-05-27
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Gast Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:51 am

Chasin wrote:tbh, i really dont see any problem with "follow me to the pool" or something like that, aslong as you just kill fast, and not wait untill like every1 is outside of the cage and kill them all, if you just kill 1 that wasnt paying attention, i dont see the problem really.

edit: otherwise it would just take forever, cause not many people fall for "duck" or "jump".

Agree (:

Gast

Back to top Go down

Post by Chasin Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 am

i wanna add, that i never seen any problems with this in simon says, there are bigger things to worry about as if you can say "follow me to the pool" while playing simon says. i dont see the problem here really.

edit: something that makes people get confused waaaay more offten, is that CTs spray on the wall, while Ts are doing spray contest. or people not ending simon says like marksel said. or 2 people giving orders at the same time, or allowing people back in the cage after like half of the Ts in cage died cause of games, Or giving a single person a freeday "cause they have bin freekilled last round" while every1 else has a cageday. THAT is what is confusing.

I really dont see the problem here.
you play simon says, if you say something without simon says in front of it, and people do it, you die, simple as that.
cant be that hard.

but i do wanna add, saying simon instead of simon says, and then kill people who do it, is just lame.

Chasin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:29 am

Exactly my opinion Marksel and Chasin. There are more tricks I didn't mention aboved:

- "Chuck says"/"Sam says" or another name than simon
- "Simon says crouch and follow me"....."ok you can walk now"
- "Simon says I'm simon"....."jump on the right table"
- Tricky commands like "Find a partner by slashing him"

I have to add, that when almost every terrorist fails in a simon, because they don't know the trick, I don't kill them. Instead, I tell them, so they know. I already played with some terrorists a few rounds the "tricky" simon says, and they learned very quick - after like 2 rounds, it was hard to get them with such tricks Wink.

@Agent: "all right were going to play smith says" is ok in my opinion to start it. But you have to signalize the end of the game, with phrases like mentioned above.
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Necro Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:22 pm

Sometimes I say "Simon says jump" and later I say "Okay, now stop jumping or I'll kill you" and if they stop I own them, but they know that I can't do anything if I don't say "Simon says". The T's have to be attentive or they die.
That's my opinion...
Necro
Necro
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Male Number of posts : 3892
Birthday : 1924-02-27
Job/hobbies : Aww men I am a sciences freak!!
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by BBQQ Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:39 pm

Clarify that JUMP is only ONCE please and keep jumping, is jumping the whole time. :S

BBQQ

Number of posts : 125
Birthday : 1991-02-06
Registration date : 2009-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:25 am

True. In the strict sense, "crouch", is also crouching once and stand up again "crouch and stay crouching" would be correct, if the terrorist should stay crouching. Same with jumping.
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:24 pm

BBQQ wrote:Clarify that JUMP is only ONCE please and keep jumping, is jumping the whole time. :S

the problem is that when you play simon sais, the majority of the time you have ALOT of T's, which is why you play SS.. if someone jumps only once its pretty easy to overlook since there is 20 terrorists around him continuously jumping. It is easy to see you as someone that didnt listen and therefore you have a higher chance to be killed.

In the end, your goal as T is to survive in SS etc to get to ur last request unless you decide to rebel, not to get killed so you have someone to flame for freekilling, so you might aswell keep jumping when they say 'simon sais jump' unless they tell you to only jump once.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BBQQ Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:47 am

Then use keep jumping when there are a lot of Ts no big deal I think.

BBQQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:23 am

BBQQ wrote:Then use keep jumping when there are a lot of Ts no big deal I think.

nor is it to interpret that. It is hard to make every single CT instantly get all the rules of the game, including small details like this one, there will always be people that are relatively new at playing CT in jail and will oversee such small details. It is no big deal to just jump more to make both his and your own life easyer, you won't get killed and he won't get flamed for freekilling.

Killing someone in simon sais after he jumped ONCE isn't a massive rulebreak, it's a human error.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BBQQ Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:59 am

Well i hate it when i jump once, want to type something and i didnt jump for a second and get killed :S

BBQQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Chasin Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:21 am

BBQQ wrote:Well i hate it when i jump once, want to type something and i didnt jump for a second and get killed :S

happends to me all the time, since you have to type offten as member, i got used to it Razz

Chasin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down