neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Reaction improved?

5 posters

Go down

Last Reaction improved? Empty Last Reaction improved?

Post by K!ng Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:10 pm

Introduction:
I bought a new phone this week and also downloaded a new app for it called "2 player reactor", a fun and easy game for multiple players. I noticed the comparisment to the JB-game "Last Reaction" immediately but also noticed that this version (on my phone) of Last Reaction is way better than the current Last Reaction-game on JB. So I thought it would be a good idea to suggest to improve the Last Reaction-game with this version.

Why an improvement:
With the current Last Reaction-game there are some flaws:
  • It became boring because CT's only give the commands "crouch" and "jump".
  • Often the CT's don't see who lost a round.
  • It also happens that the wrong T is been killed. Or the Commander saw this wrong, or he is wronly adviced or the rest of the CT's ignored the rule "only the Commander shoots".

These are the main reason why I think this game can be impoved with the version I played on my new phone. The new version of Last Reaction would be better and more fun, because:
  • New games/commands with Last Reaction. This is something new and exciting where players can look forward to play.
  • The loser of a round can be determined with 100% certainty with a (simple) plugin. The loser can get a glow or automatically been killed by the plugin after losing a round.

How it's played:
Start playing it and playing it is very simple. It's a bit like the Last Request-game "Pattern", but not quite the same. First the Commander starts the game Last Reaction. The plugin will be started and every T will see the exact same in his/her screen. The server randomly picks a game from the many games listed and start that game.
Now every T will see a game starting. Every game has just 1 objective: Press as fast as possible a certain key (or mousebutton) when the question or statement is true. Every T will see the same question or statement in his/her screen while a game is played. The last T who pressed this certain key will glow so the CT's can see who has lost or this T simply will be killed by the plugin automatically. When a T has died, the plugin will automatically proceed to the next game.
It can also occur that no one pressed the key. Then the same game just starts over (maybe with a variant, depending on the game).
[r]Example 1[/r]:
In these 2 examples we have set the left mouse button ("shoot") as the key/button to press/click/hit.
The game is: "White Screen". The statement (or maybe command) is: "Hit when white!" (or "Hit when screen is white", "Click when screen is white" or "Shoot when screen is white"). This means that the objective is to click the left mouse button as fast as possible (you don't want to be the last one and die..) when you see your screen turn all white. Your screen starts black and will suddenly turn white, so pay attention when this happen and click your left mouse button as fast as possible! The last one who pressed the left mouse button will or glow, so the CT's can see who lost this round and kill this T, or just simply been killed by the plugin. Of course this game can be adjusted, like that your black screen doesn't turn white, but will be normal again (or from normal to white..).
[r]Example 2[/r]:
The last game ("White Screen") just has finished, the plugin noticed that 1 T has died
This game is called "Color Names". The statement/command is: "Hit when color matches color-word!". The object is to click as fast as possible your left mouse button when the word (the word will be a color, like the word "Red") you see in your screen matches (is the same as) the color of the word it's written in (the words will be written in different colors). So now every T sees words of colors like "Yellow", "Blue", "Purple", "Red" and etc popping up in his/her screen. These words are written in all kinds of colors (al the colors that the words say). The plugin picks randomly a word an a color for that word. Now you'll wait untill the color where the word is written in matches the word self. If this happens, click your left mouse button as fast as possible! The last T dies again. Very confusion game....

Games:
  • White Screen (click when your screen turns white)
  • Color Names (click when the color of the word matches the word)
  • 3 Items (click when you see 3 of the same items in your screen)
  • Equations (click when the equation you see is true (simple equations like +, - and prime)
  • 5 Different (click when you see 5 different items in your screen)
  • Mouse Cheese (click when the mouse can reach the cheese, in a maze)
  • World's Capitals (click when the name of the Capital you see in your screen matches the name of the Country you seen in your screen)
  • Countdown (click when the countdown reaches zero (0), the countdown stops at a number greater dan zero and you'll see only questionmarks (?) after that number; you have to click when you think the countdown will reach zero)
  • Sad Smiley (you see a lot of happy smiley faces in your screen, really a lot, all facing random different ways; click when there is 1 sad smiley face between all the happy smiley faces)
  • Colliding Shapes (you see 2 shapes (triangle, rectangle, square and etc) appearing in your screen, 1 on the left side and 1 on the right side and in the middle there is a black bar where you can't see the shapes; the shapes are moving towards eachother (well, they go to the other side of the screen) and will move and collide behind the black bar; click when you think the 2 shapes collide)
  • Pairs (2 rows with items will move in your screen, 1 row for left-to-right and 1 row from right-to-left; the move next to eachother and they move quite fast (and they keep on moving); click when you see 2 of the same items in the rows, the items can be in 1 row or an item in each row)
  • Population (the names of 2 countries will appear on your screen like this "Netherlands > India"; the name of the countries represent the size of the population of that country; 2 names of 2 countries will keep popping up; click when the country on the left side has a bigger population than the country on the right side (the exact size of the population pops up after clicking)

There are more games, but I don't know yet how those games work.
If an admin wants to integrates this new Last Reaction-game in JB, please contact me for details about all the games.

Options:
There could be some extra options integrated with this new Last Reaction-game, like:
  • The T who hitted the key as first is save and won't have to play along anymore (with this Last Reaction).
  • The T's who hitted the key wrongly (too late or when the question/statement/command is not true) dies.

And there are a lot of more adjustments which can be made of course. But I'm very tired now and can't think of more...

Extra information:
This a page about this application for an Android phone. (There are many more sites about this app of course, this is just 1 of many)

A video that shows how the game is played on a phone:

Well, let me know what you think of this variant of the Last Reaction-game. A try worth or maybe the worst idea ever? Best idea ever? Basic and classis games in JB like Last Reaction shouldn't be changed and messed with?
Oh, and tell me if I forgot anything to say about the game, some important information maybe. Possible that this happened, because I'm very tired, like I said...
Oh, and sorry for the long explanation again, but I suck in short and good explanations Razz

K!ng

Male Number of posts : 175
Birthday : 1988-04-17
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Back to top Go down

Last Reaction improved? Empty Re: Last Reaction improved?

Post by Mati Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:32 pm

Sounds like really great game(s), but something like that:
K!ng wrote:
  • The T's who hitted the key wrongly (too late or when the question/statement/command is not true) dies.
is needed, otherwise, the key just gets spammed all the time.

All this results in pretty much plugin work though, and it's not only great to play with a few Ts together, but also as a last request.

Also, it's not the first time I was thinking about a "games menu" for CTs, where they can do quiz, spelling bee, math, and all that stuff, but that would kind of result in CTs getting lazy and not commanding on themselves anymore and just controlling the plugins.
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 876
Birthday : 1991-06-02
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by K!ng Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:48 pm

Mati wrote:
K!ng wrote:The T's who hitted the key wrongly (too late or when the question/statement/command is not true) dies.
is needed, otherwise, the key just gets spammed all the time.

Yup, you're right as usual...didn't think of the spamming -,-

Mati wrote:All this results in pretty much plugin work though
True, realized that when I was writing this. Do you think it affects the smoothness (laggs) of the server since there are already so many plugins in JB? And sounds it do-able qua plugin difficulty and the time to make such a plugin?
I mean, the idea and the game is great, believe, I played it with friends and it was always fun and this would be fun in JB too, but if such a plugin takes so much time to make, maybe it's not worth to make it then.

Mati wrote:and it's not only great to play with a few Ts together, but also as a last request.
Lol, was thinking how this could maybe a LR since this games involves making a plugin, but I couldn't think of it. But it's so simple: this game is also very fun to play 1vs1. Maybe a fun option is an option that allows the T to challenge multiple CT's at the same time with this game.....
But, does this game doesn't overlap the LR-game "Pattern" then?

K!ng

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:28 pm

K!ng wrote:
Do you think it affects the smoothness (laggs) of the server since there are already so many plugins in JB? And sounds it do-able qua plugin difficulty and the time to make such a plugin?
It would cost almost none additional ressources when it's not active, and when it is, well, you would need to check any key, a few times every second, from all alive terrorists which is a bit heavier than just with two people on /lr like it is with combo contest. But I don't think it would be like suddenly +10 ping when the game is active.

So that point is not so much the most important one, it's more the part with implementing all those games, when I think about my /lr how many days I already spent with it, and those few games have already over 1200 lines of code. Also I already spent pretty much time last week with the achievements and jbshop which is over 1000 lines of code as well altogether, so for the next few days I'm most likely done with PAWN scripting, but we'll see, as I said, I like the idea and it sounds just great (and that's even an understatement, I love it, and it's the most awesome way to compete with the reactions against each other), but I have a bit of a concern of such a "game menu" for CTs in general (see my last post).
But it's so simple: this game is also very fun to play 1vs1. Maybe a fun option is an option that allows the T to challenge multiple CT's at the same time with this game.....
Of course it could be played 1vs1 as well, doing that with multiple CT at once isn't wise, since the advantage they have is pretty big. Why would any terrorist wants to do that? Maybe to brag how awesome they are, but it's definately not a good option for terrorists.
But, does this game doesn't overlap the LR-game "Pattern" then?
Of course not. When combo contest is active another part gets executed than when this game active.

Last edited by Mati on Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jumps7yl3r Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:33 pm

I personally don't find it a good idea since if all we do are plug-ins where would the fun be? The CTs wouldn't command almost at all in any lr. I think keeping it as it is now is best. Thumbs up for keepin' it old school Wink)

Jumps7yl3r

Number of posts : 64
Birthday : 1993-05-19
Registration date : 2010-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkNess Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:01 am

Jumps7yl3r wrote:I personally don't find it a good idea since if all we do are plug-ins where would the fun be? The CTs wouldn't command almost at all in any lr. I think keeping it as it is now is best. Thumbs up for keepin' it old school Wink)

Well there isnt a big diffrence between ct's saying: Last reaction Jump/Crouch and cts not saying anything at all Wink
DarkNess
DarkNess

Male Number of posts : 4591
Birthday : 1994-07-24
Job/hobbies : This is Serious.
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by K!ng Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:41 am

Well, I'm just a bit tired of the same old commands with Last Reaction. That's why I suggested this idea, which would be an improvement in my opinion. But Mati is right; making such a plugin would take a lot of his time while he already sacrificed so much time for all the currents plugins he made.
Maybe it's a good idea, but perhaps we need to postpone this, unless everyone wants it no, what I doubt Smile.

Maybe some games of my idea can already be played with Last Reaction. Like "White Screen", but instead of a white screen, the commander does a certain movement. And maybe other games can also be played with a little creativity: Countdown, World's Capitals, Equations, Population, Items; same and different (with guns).
Just use your imagination and a little bit of creativity and you can make JB so much more fun!

K!ng

Back to top Go down

Post by xelef Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:51 am

Well, sometimes it already feels like people are using scripts and menus to command since its pretty much always: Global simon says with Crouch and freeze as favorite command, or cage days with last reaction with Jump, crouch basicly.
So therefore i would find this an improvement to the JB Server, also it will properly come in a testing phase first then come in permanent, so i would suggest trying it first THEN Give a proper opinion on the matter.
Good suggestion K!ng Smile
xelef
xelef
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 419
Birthday : 1988-08-21
Registration date : 2010-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:42 am

You got a point here King, I also thing stuff like that would be possible without plugins as well (not so awesome then maybe, but still). Also, there are much more last reaction commands then normally used, like, type 2+2 in chat, change your name, slash/spray the ground, and even combos like last reaction jump twice and crouch.
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xelef Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:07 am

Yes mati, there are many options of Last reaction but the most people only use is Crouch and jump, No combinations or writing and ive seen a couple of times the name change.
But still it gets boring with just those 2 commands.
So i still think this could offer a great variation to the commanders.
xelef
xelef
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 419
Birthday : 1988-08-21
Registration date : 2010-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down