neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bank

+4
xelef
Smile
hazik666
Gewehr
8 posters

Go down

Bank Empty Bank

Post by Gewehr Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:40 pm

My suggestion is to add a Bank system, with the commands /withdraw or /w and /deposit or /d

So you can deposit money from one map and you can take it from another.
Gewehr
Gewehr

Male Number of posts : 218
Birthday : 1994-04-01
Job/hobbies : Nothing
Registration date : 2010-03-21

http://www.felna.org

Back to top Go down

Bank Empty Re: Bank

Post by hazik666 Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:01 pm

No. I always end maps with 16k so I build a sentry at very start of map my team upgrades and the other team cant get into my spawn for the whole map.

This would make sentry fail.
hazik666
hazik666
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 4838
Birthday : 0672-12-27
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Gewehr Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:46 pm

hazik666 wrote:No. I always end maps with 16k so I build a sentry at very start of map my team upgrades and the other team cant get into my spawn for the whole map.

There are always some places after 5 minutes of the map where the team cant go, because of 3 sentry guns. So there is no difference if its on begin or after 5 min
Gewehr
Gewehr

Back to top Go down

Post by Smile Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:14 pm

Gewehr wrote:
hazik666 wrote:No. I always end maps with 16k so I build a sentry at very start of map my team upgrades and the other team cant get into my spawn for the whole map.

There are always some places after 5 minutes of the map where the team cant go, because of 3 sentry guns. So there is no difference if its on begin or after 5 min

Well, the major problem would be people using lasermine at spawn points,
boooooom 16k deposit, boooooom deposit, etc etc. and then they wouldnt mind building 2 sentrys all the time
cuz they have unlimited cash anyway..
Smile
Smile

Male Number of posts : 1829
Birthday : 1992-08-07
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by xelef Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:51 pm

Well, having bank would just make the first couple of mins of sentry a major fail cause 1 wrong step and you stand face to face with a sentry, so i would rather have people working hard killing the other team to get a advantage so its not just prior games that gives that player turrets but Kills in that game.
xelef
xelef
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 419
Birthday : 1988-08-21
Registration date : 2010-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by K!ng Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:10 pm

Worst idea.

K!ng

Male Number of posts : 175
Birthday : 1988-04-17
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Gewehr Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:18 am

K!ng wrote:Worst idea.

Your life is worst u shit. Say reasons like the other guys said why it should not be added u fuck.
Gewehr
Gewehr

Back to top Go down

Post by kwaakt Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:19 am

Gewehr wrote:

Your life is worst u shit. Say reasons like the other guys said why it should not be added u fuck.

No, It would ruin chances to new players. What if someone wins a round gets the gun and has the possibility to build two sentrys at the start. Try to get him then would be impossible. I say no.

(oh and gewehr stop reacting like this. )
kwaakt
kwaakt
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 959
Birthday : 1985-11-22
Registration date : 2009-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by SultaN Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:28 am

Gewehr wrote:

Forumban request :3
SultaN
SultaN
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 1732
Birthday : 1993-01-16
Job/hobbies : Basketball, Soccer, Gaming
Registration date : 2010-04-02

http://www.dutch-gs.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by QuickSilver Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:30 am

Bad idea as it would totally ruin the gameplay.
QuickSilver
QuickSilver
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2691
Birthday : 1957-02-06
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by K!ng Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:06 am

Gewehr wrote:

Ok, good mature reaction instead of just a simple "Why?". If people don't like your idea, you could start a discussion with them, instead of such behavior. But maybe my post wasn't the kindest one too. My apologizes for that.

It's a bad idea, because new maps and new rounds create new chances for all the players, especially the ones who lost or are losing. If you introduce a "bank" and players are able to keep their money after a map change, the game just continues instead of renew. The fun of earning money by killing enemies and building sentries and lasermines with that earned money would be gone.
Let's say a player ends up with 16.000$ at the end of a game and there is a map change. He/She would keep that 16.000$ and just build 2 sentries immediately and a couple of lasermines. He/She would build himself/herself in and won't have to do any effort or kills, never again.
So in order to keep SentryMod fun and give everyone equal chances, the amount of money has to be reset every new round. That's why you lose (almost) all your money when you win a round and the loser keeps some money (to create chances for the losing team).

smileftw wrote:Well, the major problem would be people using lasermine at spawn points,
boooooom 16k deposit, boooooom deposit, etc etc. and then they wouldnt mind building 2 sentrys all the time
cuz they have unlimited cash anyway..

Well, this subject is for another topic I guess, but still a quick respons to this:
First of all I don't get it that so many people think this is a problem. I mean, you'll respawn at another place without lasermines eventually...Maybe you have to die 1, 2 or 3 times for it, but what does that matter? Your stats? neonDragon is a community with mainly fun-server and SentryMod is also considered as a fun-server, none cares about your stats and people understand that your stats can be fucked up by some well placed lasermines.
The player who placed those strategic-placed lasermines will earn money with it, yes. But that's why there is a limitation to the amount of money you can have and a limitation to the amount of sentries and lasermines you can build. There will always be a weak spot in his/hers defence with these limitations. JUst wait untill you respawn at a different place and kill that bastard who has killed you multiple times with such lasermines. At least, that would be my main goal then.
I think it's fun that it's possible to place lasermines at spawn spots. This is 1 of the factors that is attractive for me, because with SentryMod it's the main goal to capture all the flags, but besides this main goal, you can make other sub-goals like trying to kill the player who build a sentry or all those lasermines; it's like a extra quest to the gameplay. An extra challenge. Because with SentryMod you must also prevent enemies building such lasermines and sentries.
But if these lasermines are really a problem to the most players, it would be wise to do something about it. A suggestion: If a players get's killed within a second after his/hers respawn, the player should respawn at a whole different place, in another area. Or give the players immunity the first 3 secondes after respawning (and maybe with the option that they can't do any damage to enemies aswell).

PS. Sorry that I didn't kept it short! Razz

K!ng

Male Number of posts : 175
Birthday : 1988-04-17
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Smile Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:19 am

@K!ng, Think you got me wrong.

Idc about their score, but for each kill you gain 300$
and with those mines layed out, they can get bugged and give 1000+ score.
and if you also add a bank to that then you can get 1000*300 in an instance
and put it in the bank. after 3 maps, you got unlimited cash.

This will make sure that you can build sentry's at any time without restriction..
no fun for new players. So I say no to bank option.
Smile
Smile

Male Number of posts : 1829
Birthday : 1992-08-07
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down