neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vulcanic ash crippling European Air Traffic.

+24
Leon
SultaN
Magicman
hazik666
xReii
DarkNess
Spx.
Florent
Morfy
Mizurri
Agent Smith
Emziek
isma
pn
Marksel
Smile
Kempa
Kac Morderca
umax
Necro
KoD
conex
kwaakt
QuickSilver
28 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Vulcanic ash crippling European Air Traffic. - Page 4 Empty Re: Vulcanic ash crippling European Air Traffic.

Post by QuickSilver Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:40 pm

KoD wrote:Quicksilver are simulation flights still allowed? ^^

Yes.
QuickSilver
QuickSilver
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2691
Birthday : 1957-02-06
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Vulcanic ash crippling European Air Traffic. - Page 4 Empty Re: Vulcanic ash crippling European Air Traffic.

Post by Marksel Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:44 pm

According to several geologists, another eruption can soon be expected.

The much bigger vulcano Katla has often come right after the Eyjafjallajökul. 3 out of the 4 recorded eruptions of Eyjafjallajökul, it has been followed by an eruption of Katla, and all signs point towards this happening again.

This eruption would be a much bigger one, meaning not only massive ash clouds, but possible dangers of floods, due to a massive amount of glacier melting.

European people living in below sealevel or near a coast, start inflating those boats =/
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 3979
Birthday : 1992-02-01
Job/hobbies : Owning you!
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Leon Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:45 pm

Marksel wrote:
Leon wrote:I got a feeling..

That...

this is......

just the...

beginning of..

2012! Sad

no, this is April 2010
Uhmm... this is just the beginning of the worlds end (2010)
Earth's starting to end (2011)
Earth's end/Chaos (2012) Twisted Evil

Damn science fiction film got in to me...
Leon
Leon

Male Number of posts : 737
Birthday : 1996-01-02
Job/hobbies : Soccer!
Registration date : 2010-03-03

https://neondragon.forumotion.co.uk/profile.forum?mode=viewprofil

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:47 pm

I haven't seen the film.
I made an agreement with 5 friends not to watch the movie until the date the 2012 apocalypse is supposed to happen, then watch it together combined with a drinking game:
Every time the outside world looks different from the movie, take a beer!

anyway, lets not go offtopic here =P
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Leon Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Marksel wrote:I haven't seen the film.
I made an agreement with 5 friends not to watch the movie until the date the 2012 apocalypse is supposed to happen, then watch it together combined with a drinking game:
Every time the outside world looks different from the movie, take a beer!

anyway, lets not go offtopic here =P

Haha Razz

Yeah, lets better not =D
Leon
Leon

Male Number of posts : 737
Birthday : 1996-01-02
Job/hobbies : Soccer!
Registration date : 2010-03-03

https://neondragon.forumotion.co.uk/profile.forum?mode=viewprofil

Back to top Go down

Post by Florent Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:54 pm

I gonna watch 2012 in year 2013 and make a lot of fools to it.
If the world goes down 2012, then I will watch it a few hours before I die.

And its time to blame Iceland in the European Court because our flights cant take of , or they have to turn of the volcano! xD
Florent
Florent

Male Number of posts : 424
Birthday : 1993-05-23
Job/hobbies : Haunting humans
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Florent Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:58 pm

QuickSilver wrote:Florent, what Mark said is indeed right. And the whitish thing in the first image I linked of that 747 is the result of the friction between the airplane and the ashes. Vulcanic ash has very sharp edges which can really strip the paint of an aircraft (which happened with flight BA009)! Look at Marksel's posts again and I'm sure you will understand Smile

Ultimately, these ashes can cause an aircraft to crash as they make the engines flame-out (they stop working), the aircraft descends and there is no telling if the pilots can re-ignite they engines in time.

Here's a link with some very cool photos that people made of the vulcano:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/yahooeditorspicks/galleries/72157623855495574/#photo_4500152340

Also, I've got the latest Metcharts!
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/aviation/vaac/data/VAG_1271417376.png

And one from the Norwegian MET office:
http://met.no/?module=Articles;action=Article.publicShow;ID=2873

Judging from those 2 links, it wouldn't surprise me if the closure of the airspaces remains valid until atleast sunday Shocked

@ Kwaakt, nice shot and it gives a good view of what things are looking like. Must be nice sitting in the garden now eh Wink

Quicksilver, this is so bad of our politicans, HELLO we live in 2010, and this volcano ash should cause problems ? This is just so stupid, what if this will be in 2 years? People will die because they dont get their medicine and much more consequenses... There should be some technology on the planes, because we are in 2010, so far the techonology has developed but still a volcano ash can destroy the flights...
Florent
Florent

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:02 pm

Florent, ever thought of floods? ever thought of tsunamis? ever thought of earthquakes?
They kill people every day.
The power of nature is not to be underestimated.

Pretty simply said:
A plain needs an air intake to fly
Ashes can enter the engine due to this intake, filters wouldn't do anything apart from filtering bigger debris, as vulcanic ash is extremely small, it would not stop the ashes.

The power of nature was strong enough to create this entire world.
Human technology is far from strong enough to create an entire world.
Just to show you how much more powerful nature is compared to our puny little technology.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kwaakt Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:05 pm

kwaakt
kwaakt
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 959
Birthday : 1985-11-22
Registration date : 2009-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by QuickSilver Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:15 pm

WOW! Now that's photography at its best!! cheers

Here's an interesting post I just read RE: aircraft engines & ash:

About the engines, there are two types of damage I'm concerned about:

1. Erosion of the blades/coatings by the 'grit' in the ash'
2. Glass buildup on the cold side of hot parts.

Let me explain the latter a bit. I worked on a study of JT8D's (QS: that's a type of engine) operating out of Saudi. Why? They wanted to figure out why they were lasting so much longer than modern engines. The root cause what the fine Saudi (and UAE) sand would pass right through the old JT8D 'single pass' cooling designs.

But modern jet engine has impingement cooling on the back side of the hot surface and then the cooling air passes through more cooling holes.

It is the glass in the ash that worries me. It can strike the back side of a hot surface, melt, but then be solidified by the cooling gas behind it (say during a hot transient, like climb). It is the build up of this glass that is worrisome.

Of my two points: #1 is determined by borroscoping.
#2 can only be determined by an engine tear down (to get at the 'float walls' of the combustor or look inside turbine blades).
QuickSilver
QuickSilver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Linux Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:35 am

Because of this the Norwegian prime minister couldnt come home :O But this was just a little taste of what power the big nature has, if the supervolcano Yellow Stone errupt then we are in deep shit :S About Yellow Stone, that supervolcano used to have erruption every 600 000 year, now it is 640 000 years since it last erruption :O
Linux
Linux

Number of posts : 494
Birthday : 1993-08-23
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Pompom Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:31 am

we all genna die in 2012 i sayd befor!!!! no one belieive me!!!

Pompom

Number of posts : 2
Birthday : 1998-05-02
Registration date : 2010-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by kwaakt Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:40 am

Pompom wrote:we all genna die in 2012 i sayd befor!!!! no one belieive me!!!

be scared. this vulcano is just a small one. It happens already 4.5 biljon years.
kwaakt
kwaakt
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 959
Birthday : 1985-11-22
Registration date : 2009-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Necro Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:10 am

2012 yet???
Ohh shit!! I want it now... lol
Necro
Necro
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Male Number of posts : 3892
Birthday : 1924-02-27
Job/hobbies : Aww men I am a sciences freak!!
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Kempa Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:18 am

Necro wrote:

2012 yet???
Ohh shit!! I want it now... lol

Me too o.o

Kempa

Male Number of posts : 2972
Birthday : 2008-11-09
Job/hobbies : Forum Hater.
Registration date : 2009-11-14

http://www.bowlers.se

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizurri Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:33 am

im looking forward to 2012

So many things i want to try.

-Run away from water
-Run away from earthquekes
-Run away from Mutated zombies that will come after the world is destroyed becouse something strange will happen what they didnt show in 2012

So yes there will be zombies
and yes unicorns also..
Mizurri
Mizurri
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 5130
Birthday : 2006-06-06
Job/hobbies : Fulltime Gangster
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by QuickSilver Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:53 am

Good news!!

The European airspace restrictions will be loosened! Smile
ATC organisation Eurocontrol is going to devide the European airspace into section, namely "no-go zones", "flyable zones" and "zones where you need to be careful".

This means that as of tomorrow morning 08:00 Air Traffic can get back in business. KLM gave an indication about how long they'll need to get everything organized again. Apparently it will take about 48 hours to get all the schedules more or less back on track and another week to get rid of the few bumps that are left after that.

And last but not least, stop going off-topic! This is NOT about 2012!
QuickSilver
QuickSilver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark_Shad Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:32 pm

QuickSilver wrote:Good news!!

The European airspace restrictions will be loosened! Smile
ATC organisation Eurocontrol is going to devide the European airspace into section, namely "no-go zones", "flyable zones" and "zones where you need to be careful".

This means that as of tomorrow morning 08:00 Air Traffic can get back in business. KLM gave an indication about how long they'll need to get everything organized again. Apparently it will take about 48 hours to get all the schedules more or less back on track and another week to get rid of the few bumps that are left after that.

And last but not least, stop going off-topic! This is NOT about 2012!
NO, It's because now from this.. quicksilver don't need to work!!
Dark_Shad
Dark_Shad

Male Number of posts : 356
Birthday : 1993-12-26
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by xReii Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:02 pm

Canada... and Madeira also getting hitted portugal is the next. Vulcano came back on fire but i'll leave these posts up to Quick he is the prrrrro. And also Quick i want to thank you for updating me almost everyday with ur posts here, because this is something i really care about.
xReii
xReii
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Number of posts : 560
Birthday : 1994-07-21
Job/hobbies : Work.... Cs , that's it. haha.
Registration date : 2010-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by QuickSilver Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:35 pm

Hmm Dutch Airspace is getting more open by the day. The current situation is that daylight VFR flights are allowed again, but also IFR flight (also at night)! Only at pilot's discretion though.

The current NOTAM for the Amsterdam FIR (The airspace of the Netherlands):
AMS FIR SFC/FL245 IFR AND VFR FLIGHTS ARE ALLOWED AT OWN DISCRETION IN ACCORDANCE WITH STANDARD RULES DUE TO VOLCANIC ASH. ATC CAPACITY AND OR AIRSPACE AVAILABILITY MIGHT BE INFLUENCED BY ACTUAL DETAILS OF THE LOCATION OF VOLCANIC ASH. CAPACITY AND OR AIRSPACE LIMITATIONS WILL BE COORDINATED WITH CMFU AND WILL BE PUBLISHED BY NOTAM.
AFTER COMPLETING EACH IFR AND VFR FLIGHT A PILOT REPORT SHOULD BE FILED IMMEDIATELY TO ASHREPORT(AT)IVW.NL AND VULKAAN(AT)KNMI.NL.
THE REPORTS MAY ASSIST RELEVANT BODIES TO ASSESS MORE ACCURATELY THE PRESENCE, MOVEMENT AND ALTITUDE OF VOLCANIC ASH AND ANY EFFECT ON FLIGHT. REPORTS SHOULD CONTAIN THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
PRE-FLIGHT: CHECK GENERAL A/C STATUS (BASELINE).
TRANSMIT FLIGHT PLAN TO CAA-NL (ASHREPORT(AT)IVW.NL).
DURING FLIGHT: CHECK ANY ST ELMO FIRE AND (ELECTRO) STATIC DISCHARGES, A BRIGHT WHITE OR ORANGE GLOW IN THE ENGINE INLETS, REDUCED VISIBILITY THROUGH WINDSHIELD AND WINDOWS TYPICAL SMELL (AN ACRID OR SULPHUROUS ODOUR) IN THE A/C, SMOKE OR DUST IN THE A/C, ALL ENGINE INDICATIONS NORMAL AND STABLE, ALL FLIGHT INDICATIONS (SPEED,
ALTITUDE) NORMAL AND STABLE, RESIDUE ON USUAL ICE BUILD UP SPOTS, VISIBILITY CONDITIONS THROUGHOUT THE FLIGHT ON ALL FLIGHT LEVELS.
POST FLIGHT: CHECK THE AIRCRAFT AND ENGINES IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE OEM MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FLYING THROUGH AREAS WITH VOLCANIC ASHES ACCORDING TO VAAC CONTOURS.
POLICE, SAR AND HEMS FLIGHTS ARE EXEMPTED.)

There are getting more and more planes in the air by the day, but the UK still seems to suffer a lot. I don;t know what the current status on the volcano(s) is(/are), but by the looks of it the Aviation indsutry is slowly getting back on their feet.
Hopefully it will remain this way for the next few days.
QuickSilver
QuickSilver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Florent Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:34 am

Marksel:
Yes, but thoose tsunamis , earthquakes etc are stronger (by the power) than the ash...

I heard that Finland´s airforce flew in that volcano ash, but the planes didnt crash but they got damage...
We cant base from a story that hapend 1983 (or? ) , we got better airplanes nowadays...

Faatzor:
Zombie infection is possible to create, they know which poisons you need to create that illness, but not how much of them, because 0.1 cl more then the budy will die, instead of becoming Zombie.
Florent
Florent

Back to top Go down

Post by Florent Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:40 am

More about Zombie theory, I have used very much freetime about researching about Zombies (even if im not pro on that).
I´ve a theory...

I think it works, but the creature of the human can be posioned with deadly and relaxing medicins and herbs (cant exactly tell which, think they are stamped as seceret) And I dont even know them...

Well, when u use those medicines one of them is tetrodotoxin that voodoo religion also uses which are found in the Japaneese blow fish or called fugu and bufotenin. If u let them drink this, im not 100% sure, but it can lead that the human will react like a Zombie and also if his blood and salive is infected he can infect others, if his brain are totally knocked out.

Its hard to make that illness, you need very very exactly ingredients, a 0.00001 ml more will kill the victim instead of keeping it halfdead or braindead.

When the victim got all kind of symptoms which will take around 26 hours 43 minitues (not 48 hours as the book of Zombie Survival Guide describes) the budy is ready to attack people, you also need to assault it and tortue.

The brain will be dead because of the drugs (that I didnt name it, because I dont know which one, but the two poisons I named was what researchers had said) will make the victim or the Zombie in a psychotic delirium in pernament LSD. So the person cant talk, concentrate, feel, understand, freeze, hungry etc.

Now the heart isnt the main motor its the brain. So even if u cut of their fingers they wont feel anything. I think the nerves are collapsed too, .

I recommend to read even the book Zombie Survival Guide, even if it has gotten kind of errors, but the most things is true and correct.
Florent
Florent

Back to top Go down

Post by QuickSilver Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:45 am

Florent wrote:I heard that Finland´s airforce flew in that volcano ash, but the planes didnt crash but they got damage...
We cant base from a story that hapend 1983 (or? )

That happened last week..

And stop going off-topic please, this is not a thread about Zombies.. Rolling Eyes
QuickSilver
QuickSilver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:49 am

Florent wrote:Marksel:
Yes, but thoose tsunamis , earthquakes etc are stronger (by the power) than the ash...

You heavily underestimate vulcanic ash
remember: it is forged out of vulcanic material

compare it to this:
Vulcanic eruption is the most powerful strike, like the tsunami is the most powerful strike. In both cases there is an aftereffect.
Vulcanoes have many aftereffects: pyroclasmic flows and ashes for example, tsunamis have mudflows.

mudflows and ashes are very comparable in this context, however mudflows effect peoples homes etc directly, while ashes only hurt the skies and therefore you don't see thesame amount of casualties making it seem less bad.

One more thing to show the power of vulcanic ash: a layer of 3cm of vulcanic ash on a western house's roof is enough to make it collapse.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Florent Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:00 am

Quicksilver:
Hehe im sorry, dont kill me hahaha Smile

Marksel, still if we can develop big weapons that can destroy whole the world by its power, we can do other things, we are developing wrong things...
Florent
Florent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum