neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xredirect (All nD peoples pls vote and comment)

+14
Ints
kwaakt
nase
pn
Hanyuu
Zeeta
DarkNess
KoD
Spx.
Mizurri
LuminCoB
Lamk0^
hazik666
Pukata
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Add xreditrect on the servers? (READ BELOW BEFORE VOTING!)

Xredirect (All nD peoples pls vote and comment) I_vote_lcap49%Xredirect (All nD peoples pls vote and comment) I_vote_rcap 49% 
[ 19 ]
Xredirect (All nD peoples pls vote and comment) I_vote_lcap51%Xredirect (All nD peoples pls vote and comment) I_vote_rcap 51% 
[ 20 ]

Total Votes : 39

Poll closed

Xredirect (All nD peoples pls vote and comment) Empty Xredirect (All nD peoples pls vote and comment)

Post by Pukata Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:50 am

Hi,

Maybe some of you know xredirect but for those who dont know here is an explination.

Xredirect, makes u auto-join another server if the server ur going to join is full. U can make 1 - 2 reservation slots so the server (if it has 32 slots) become 30/32 if its full. Then there is a reservation slot for admins and members for emergencies, example, a cheater is running around on zm server, the server is too full for a member to join and get rid of the cheater and when he finaly comes into the server the cheater is gone. With it we can avoid these kinda situations that includes mass fking on Jailbreak. But there is also the bad part of the plugin, normal players gets redirected to another server if the server is 30/32 and that can be anoying indeed. But there is a solution, /retry in chat it auto connects you on server when a slot is free.

Why add the plugin?
-Posibilies to strike against rulebreakers on a full server
-Fill up the empty server and keep the servers balanced, Especialy speedrun, deathrun and CSDM
-An extra bonus to VIP's maybe, so they can join on reserved slots

We had xredirect about a year ago, and it keept the servers nice balanced, but some players werent very happy with it tho..

Read more about it here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=29886

Koy told me to make a poll about it, hope u guys will vote for it.

Last edited by Pukata on Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:58 am; edited 2 times in total

Pukata
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1872
Birthday : 1993-07-21
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Xredirect (All nD peoples pls vote and comment) Empty Re: Xredirect (All nD peoples pls vote and comment)

Post by hazik666 Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:53 am

I hated that thing dont bring it back
hazik666
hazik666
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 4838
Birthday : 0672-12-27
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Xredirect (All nD peoples pls vote and comment) Empty Re: Xredirect (All nD peoples pls vote and comment)

Post by Lamk0^ Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:53 am

Yes, it's good idea and we can actually fill empty servers and make people to discover our servers. Smile
Lamk0^
Lamk0^
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 1070
Birthday : 1996-02-14
Registration date : 2009-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by LuminCoB Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:57 am

I think it's a good idea.
'Cause as you wrote Pukata, if there's a cheater or something similar there's always a slot for a member or admin to join.
The only downside of it from my point of view is the redirection.
I vote for a yes. =)
LuminCoB
LuminCoB
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 521
Birthday : 1990-05-04
Job/hobbies : Student
Registration date : 2009-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizurri Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:01 am

No, there is always be an spot free..
and just wait some seconds, doesnt matter..
Mizurri
Mizurri
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 5130
Birthday : 2006-06-06
Job/hobbies : Fulltime Gangster
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Spx. Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:08 am

I voted 'Yes', as you gave the example it happend to me sometimes. The only problem is that you'll (the regulars) will get redirected to another server, which could also be usefull to let them discover the others. But, you said that there's a solution that if you type /retry that you'll get in the server when there's a spot avaible. Therefor my Yes.
Spx.
Spx.

Male Number of posts : 2072
Birthday : 1995-11-02
Job/hobbies : Skating mountainbiking, snowboarding, outdoor sports =)
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by KoD Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:28 am

NO.

I hate it when I join a server and come into another server. 'other server is full'.

If I wanna play zombie I dont wanna play surf. You dont got the option to auto-join since there appears to be a spot.

A big no for me
KoD
KoD
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Number of posts : 3513
Birthday : 1992-07-05
Job/hobbies : follow fat guys with a tuba
Registration date : 2009-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkNess Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:41 am

No from me.

Reason:
When a server is 32/32 most of the time and you want to connect you now get a option *Join server when a spot becomes available* Great thing you just wait and get in automaticly, with this plugin you will have to ceep retrying retrying retrying untill you once say F*ck it and go to another server because your tired of being reconnected to a shitty server you dont even want to play on.

You enter a server because you enjoy it you dont enter a server just to be redirected to a server you dont like!
DarkNess
DarkNess

Male Number of posts : 4591
Birthday : 1994-07-24
Job/hobbies : This is Serious.
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeeta Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:49 am

DarkNess wrote:No from me.

Reason:
When a server is 32/32 most of the time and you want to connect you now get a option *Join server when a spot becomes available* Great thing you just wait and get in automaticly, with this plugin you will have to ceep retrying retrying retrying untill you once say F*ck it and go to another server because your tired of being reconnected to a shitty server you dont even want to play on.

You enter a server because you enjoy it you dont enter a server just to be redirected to a server you dont like!

that it was so on a server i played on be4 and it was full pretty often so its hard to come in
Zeeta
Zeeta

Male Number of posts : 252
Birthday : 1996-07-15
Job/hobbies : School..? Counter-strike, Listen to music
Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanyuu Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:49 am

Instead of that, I remember my cousin being an admin on a server and he was able to join to the server even though it was already full.

Maybe neon can add that function for members and other admins?
Hanyuu
Hanyuu
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 1790
Birthday : 1983-10-13
Job/hobbies : College Student, Soccer, Drawing, Karaoking, Anime+Manga, Swimming
Registration date : 2009-07-25

http://hanyuu1983.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by pn Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:03 pm

it would be quite helpful in my opinion
pn
pn

Male Number of posts : 2286
Birthday : 1993-04-07
Job/hobbies : hmmm beer
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by nase Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:14 pm

So members get always a free slot to join?
nase
nase
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 1177
Birthday : 1993-07-01
Registration date : 2009-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by kwaakt Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:31 pm

If I can vote, Absolutely no!
Ive played a short time at a server that I liked with redirecting. And nothing is more irritating then when you see a free slot and you cant join it cause it is reserved. This are my reasons:

- when I try to enter jailbreak for example I want to play jailbreak and not deathrun or something else cause when I want to do that I would have joined it by myself.
- so automaticly you reconnect and try it again. Problem is that you dont know when the slot is free. So you have to watch all the time if a slot is free.
- After 2 mins waiting (not unusual at jailbreak) And watching to the irritating 31/32 and pressing refresh 200 times I quit. And go somewhere or do something else. Now you can let do steam the job and do something else! (making coffee Wink Watch youtube)
- Autorefesh in steam doesnt work cause it connects automatic when a slot is free. Wich is the case!
kwaakt
kwaakt
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 959
Birthday : 1985-11-22
Registration date : 2009-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ints Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:49 pm

lol. when it was on long time ago. I once got stuck into an infinite load-loop because all the servers were full.
Ints
Ints

Male Number of posts : 180
Birthday : 1996-02-20
Job/hobbies : Drumming
Registration date : 2009-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by x-regit-x Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:59 pm

nase: there will be 1 reserved slot. when one member is on the server, no other member has a reserved slot. same for admins. (if members will get an own reserved slot.)

i say yes. seriously, you can simply say /retry in chat and you will be connected to the server when a slot is free. you can spectate the server you are in or so, you don't have to play there. then it's not very different than not being on any server and waiting for the auto-reconnect. it's kind of the same. and that was (nearly) all your arguments about of you, who voted against.

and it will fill empty servers. this way, more players will find other servers and maybe like it. many big communities with more servers have it, because it is good.
reserved slots are better then kicking one random guy on server just because an admin is needed.

Last edited by x-regit-x on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total

x-regit-x
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 684
Birthday : 1992-08-21
Job/hobbies : Soaring (hobby)
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Spx. Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:02 pm

Almost everyone who voted no had this reason:
But there is also the bad part of the plugin, normal players gets redirected to another server if the server is 30/32 and that can be anoying indeed. But there is a solution, /retry in chat it auto connects you on server when a slot is free.

If that's true, that means not everyone read the thread... which means the vote should be done over. If this is the way to fix it, why don't you vote yes? :O
Spx.
Spx.

Male Number of posts : 2072
Birthday : 1995-11-02
Job/hobbies : Skating mountainbiking, snowboarding, outdoor sports =)
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by vDou Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:08 pm

I voted yes, because i've seen a couple of reports on zombie server by one of my friends, but the day server is filled with players 24/7 .. so a reserve slot would be nice..
And for the players that doesnt like to look at the server all the time by waiting to get a slot: type /retry when u are on the other servers meanwhile.
vDou
vDou

Male Number of posts : 428
Birthday : 1996-01-05
Job/hobbies : A little tinkcle winkcle
Registration date : 2009-11-14

https://neondragon.forumotion.co.uk/profile.forum?mode=viewprofil

Back to top Go down

Post by kwaakt Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:18 pm

Spx. wrote:Almost everyone who voted no had this reason:
But there is also the bad part of the plugin, normal players gets redirected to another server if the server is 30/32 and that can be anoying indeed. But there is a solution, /retry in chat it auto connects you on server when a slot is free.

If that's true, that means not everyone read the thread... which means the vote should be done over. If this is the way to fix it, why don't you vote yes? :O

Only a few of us will do that. 90% doenst know it and wont do it.
Unless it goes automatic and you see kind of plugin telling you how many people are in the row to enter the server you first wanted to join. And when a slot is available you join automaticly. That is in my opinion a solution. otherwise its kinda unfriendly.
kwaakt
kwaakt
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pukata Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:46 am

R.I.P Deathrun and CSDM Sad .. they wont be full servers again like they were back then where we had xredirect.. And koy said no also.

I Bet that in a few months, surf and fun server gets unpopular so wer only left with cs1 cs4 cs5 that are popular, i wanted xredirect to avoid that but i see now that cant happen. (If u dont belive me look at the graph of the servers on game-monitor.com)

When we had xredirect, we also had 6 alltime full servers at afternoon mostly, Gungame 20/20 CSDM 32/32 SURF 32/32 Zombi day 32/32 Zombi night 32/32 Deathrun 20/20, when koy remove it CSDM 0/32 SURF 32/32 Zombi day 32/32 Zombi night 32/32 Deathrun 0/20..' (Before jb came)

So there is a viseble diffrence if the servers has xredirect or not.

Pukata
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kwaakt Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:59 am

Is there a plug in that automatic shows you how many people are in the row before you are able to join? And when it hits zero you automaticly are connected to server you first wanted to join?
kwaakt
kwaakt
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ints Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:42 am

kwaakt wrote:Is there a plug in that automatic shows you how many people are in the row before you are able to join? And when it hits zero you automaticly are connected to server you first wanted to join?

Would be epic kick-ass leet pwnage. Did I mention epic?
Ints
Ints

Male Number of posts : 180
Birthday : 1996-02-20
Job/hobbies : Drumming
Registration date : 2009-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Pukata Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:18 am

Ints wrote:
kwaakt wrote:Is there a plug in that automatic shows you how many people are in the row before you are able to join? And when it hits zero you automaticly are connected to server you first wanted to join?

Would be epic kick-ass leet pwnage. Did I mention epic?

Dunno if there is.. but u can try search the internet or so.

Pukata
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by x-regit-x Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:20 am

i know that xRedirect tells you when you type /retry, how many people are before you in the queue.
maybe there is also a plugin/setting that you don't have to type /retry in chat, but get connected to the server you want to join automatically.

x-regit-x
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 684
Birthday : 1992-08-21
Job/hobbies : Soaring (hobby)
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by kwaakt Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:34 am

It would be super if the plugin gives you the choice when you are redirected if you want to stay in the server you got redirected in or stay there untill a slot is free.
kwaakt
kwaakt
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:55 pm

YES, I was there when we had xdirect around a year ago. And I liked it alot, much easier method to get redirected to servers.

EDIT: Damn, never mind.. i read it too quickly and I thought you could queue up ingame when a server is full. My opinion is NO, so substract a yes from the votes and add a no.
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Male Number of posts : 2308
Birthday : 1995-04-29
Registration date : 2009-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next