neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bring old jail back

+20
Agent Smith
Hibari
Burak--015
Tie
Ancient
KoD
kwaakt
Tempestusz
Marksel
Necro
Linux
LongD
kami (GER]
muddakken
Satoko
Spx.
maGeNN
DarkNess
Mizurri
hazik666
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bring classic back

Bring old jail back - Page 2 I_vote_lcap79%Bring old jail back - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 79% 
[ 22 ]
Bring old jail back - Page 2 I_vote_lcap21%Bring old jail back - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 28

Poll closed

Bring old jail back - Page 2 Empty Re: Bring old jail back

Post by Tie Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:19 am

I remember the first day when CS1 was public. It was a very cool server, cool people, cool maps etc.

Now i don´t play on Jailbreak anymore.
There are too many special games.
It became more and more complicated.
Each game has own rules (special days, spelling bee etc.) and a lot of people don´t know the main rules.

It´s true, it´s like a real prison now...
Tie
Tie

Male Number of posts : 121
Birthday : 1992-07-17
Job/hobbies : School for Product Design, Mapping, Playing CS, Eating at MC Donalds, watching the X-files
Registration date : 2009-06-19

https://www.youtube.com/user/aegyptologic

Back to top Go down

Post by Burak--015 Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:54 am

The classic jailbreak was the best server Sad , also the oldmaps
Burak--015
Burak--015
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 722
Birthday : 1994-05-17
Job/hobbies : Reading newspaper in toilet
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibari Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:59 am

i want classic jail break back!!! D:
Hibari
Hibari

Male Number of posts : 2048
Birthday : 1994-07-01
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:22 am

What most of you fail to realise is that oldschool jailbreak is not achievable.. try playing jail with oldschool games now and 24 out of 24 would survive.
To be honest, atm jail can be compared to thesame quiz game with 20 questions, that you play over and over and over again. The first time you play the game you fail a phew times, the second time you know most of the answers and occasionally make a fail, third and after you know all the answers by head and you cannot lose.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 3979
Birthday : 1992-02-01
Job/hobbies : Owning you!
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by hazik666 Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:35 am

Yes it is mark if you actually read my post thats how we can bring it back

Marksel wrote:
-The rules were added for a reason, people go to know the game better and started seeing flaws in rules they could abuse, hence why more rules were added to make the game more fair
-The new games were also added for a reason. Like you said: the only games on 'classic' jailbreak were simon says, smith says, last reaction and race. Back then though, if you played simon says, when you said a command without simon says, a simply command like 'crouch', 5 people would fail. People on jail have grown better and understand teh game better now, which is why more tricks and games were invented.

The rules were actually fine you played jail atleast 3 months after it was really good

Thoose games were good and customizing freedays was good but now they have all been removed....
hazik666
hazik666
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 4838
Birthday : 0672-12-27
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:41 pm

Suicide Tower/spelling bee day is removed because of the rules, I agree with d4z0... Jail has become crap and it's a fact, too many people who swear at you also.
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Male Number of posts : 2308
Birthday : 1995-04-29
Registration date : 2009-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizurri Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:52 pm

Agent Smith wrote:Suicide Tower/spelling bee day is removed because of the rules, I agree with d4z0... Jail has become crap and it's a fact, too many people who swear at you also.

People whine to much about one freekill/members that they only use there powers for there selfs...

But like many members already said we cant handle 31 ppl in a game..
Mizurri
Mizurri
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 5130
Birthday : 2006-06-06
Job/hobbies : Fulltime Gangster
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by kwaakt Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:18 pm

Well, I dont have much time. Tomorrow its sinterklaas, which means that we have to make presents for each other. And its taking more time then I thought Wink So I cannot finish my story above.

All of you must realise that the game isnt lost. Try to make it funny again. I see that lots of you want to play the old game again. Wich is impossible for the reasons wrote avove me. But when you are in the server just try to make fun with the terrors. Use the map wich means the races area's cage's football vields, games and so on. And do it on a way its funny for yourself and for the terrors.

About whiners? They just test how far they can go. No is no. And fail is fail (no special threatments Wink) Try to explain that it is just a game for fun. Smile And you want to play as well ( as necro said earlier today in the game: Im not god and cant handle everything)

thats it for now. I have so much to say but no time Sad maybe on sunday again.

Kwaakt
kwaakt
kwaakt
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 959
Birthday : 1985-11-22
Registration date : 2009-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Smile Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:56 pm

Yaa.. I know Im not "oldschool" but it sure as hell has changed since i started..
I liked the mood ingame more at the moment i started to play on JB than I do now, like tempeztus mic spamming, sure it was annoying after 10 min but he made me lol sometimes, and the TK nades by terrorists, made me rofl big time.
I know I know, its against the rules, but comon it is pretty fun to see smith fail at construction day beecause of a nade Razz .
Sure miss that time Smile
Smile
Smile

Male Number of posts : 1829
Birthday : 1992-08-07
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:13 am

/sign Marksel's posts. Also, let me explain how I see the situation.

I've started to play a bit before the middle of July when there were only 3 maps on the server, and the server was pretty new. There were hardly any games, it was basically just strolling around the map, and like always rebelling. The server had no structure, it was pretty unorganized and without any rules (except the basic ones). Of course that was fun and still exciting, but it wasn't really challenging for terrorists, there wasn't the award of beeing the "best terrorist" who earns a /lr. In the beginning of august or something I started beeing CT, and made serious cagedays, with tricky simon says. I never killed the majority of the Ts, I always explained when most of them failed, so that they learned. So at least there was a challenge now, the challenge to beat all the other Ts and be the last terrorist remaining. The reward was a bit sucky because there was no /lr plugin, but that was fixed by me then, to give them an incentive to get last.

I liked jailbreak the most around that time I think, but weeks later many strange inventions were done. Especially that simon says was used too far. In the last weeks, it seems that there is no way to give a command without simon says.

So, the main problem I saw the past weeks is:
- Simon, simon, simon. The day starts with simon says and the day ends with it. CT kinda abuse simon says with forcing the Ts to obey without any mistakes
- Uncomfortable and boring/unfunny things like "celldays" or letting them freeze like a minute, which is continued with a CT-sided killing spree
- Worse CTs which don't make usage of a microphone to interact properly with the terrorists

Starting simon before the cells open and "celldays" like they were done before aren't possible anymore, to quote a recent statement which was the result of a nD-discussion:
1. People should warn in general and shall not cast absolute orders in the beginning of the round. (specially at the beginning of the round they should not try to go around it by starting the round as a game.)
2. We say: give "some" warnings to prisoners so they have a chance to stay alive. Depending on the situation one warning can also be enaugh. It doesnt need to be 3 warning every time.
I'll think of more ways to increase the gameplay more, and for that further concrete arguments about what exactly is suboptimal on the server would be appreciated.

The problem there is though: Many of you are complaining about (to complex) rules, and taking it to serious, but how shall the gameplay be changed without adjusting them?

And to answer Dazo:
hazik666 wrote:Maps:
Right now there are some really useless and boring maps on the server when it was old jail we had theese maps
jail_204_jailbreak jail_neondragon ba_tamma jail_recharged_remake jailbreak_final_1 jail_sneakpeak jail_revo_complete
Those maps are the best maps on the server and we rarely see them because we have like 50 maps
I agree with that. Only like a maximum of the 10 best maps should stay on the server, for that we could make a voting between all members/regulars later.
Children:
At first we had no children spamming mic or whining and that was amazing
Now we have little children whining spamming and mic spamming which we delt with by kicking them if they spam now we cant
Of course spamming is still a reason to warn/kick.
Rebelling - If you rebel you die now you dont
You still do. But rebelling is not "come close to a CT once", or "don't follow the order immediatly".

Before we had about 4 games which were:
Simon Says, Smith Says, Last Reaction, Race
Now we have over 20....
What's the problem about having many different games, as long as they are understandable and aren't against the rules?
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 876
Birthday : 1991-06-02
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by kami (GER] Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:40 am

yeh mati. nice u pointed everything out and explained it. <.< wahh. eglish fail goodnight. xD
kami (GER]
kami (GER]

Male Number of posts : 1488
Birthday : 1990-07-09
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizurri Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:20 am

Mati wrote:/sign Marksel's posts. Also, let me explain how I see the situation.

I've started to play a bit before the middle of July when there were only 3 maps on the server, and the server was pretty new. There were hardly any games, it was basically just strolling around the map, and like always rebelling. The server had no structure, it was pretty unorganized and without any rules (except the basic ones). Of course that was fun and still exciting, but it wasn't really challenging for terrorists, there wasn't the award of beeing the "best terrorist" who earns a /lr. In the beginning of august or something I started beeing CT, and made serious cagedays, with tricky simon says. I never killed the majority of the Ts, I always explained when most of them failed, so that they learned. So at least there was a challenge now, the challenge to beat all the other Ts and be the last terrorist remaining. The reward was a bit sucky because there was no /lr plugin, but that was fixed by me then, to give them an incentive to get last.

I liked jailbreak the most around that time I think, but weeks later many strange inventions were done. Especially that simon says was used too far. In the last weeks, it seems that there is no way to give a command without simon says.

So, the main problem I saw the past weeks is:
- Simon, simon, simon. The day starts with simon says and the day ends with it. CT kinda abuse simon says with forcing the Ts to obey without any mistakes
- Uncomfortable and boring/unfunny things like "celldays" or letting them freeze like a minute, which is continued with a CT-sided killing spree
- Worse CTs which don't make usage of a microphone to interact properly with the terrorists

Starting simon before the cells open and "celldays" like they were done before aren't possible anymore, to quote a recent statement which was the result of a nD-discussion:
1. People should warn in general and shall not cast absolute orders in the beginning of the round. (specially at the beginning of the round they should not try to go around it by starting the round as a game.)
2. We say: give "some" warnings to prisoners so they have a chance to stay alive. Depending on the situation one warning can also be enaugh. It doesnt need to be 3 warning every time.
I'll think of more ways to increase the gameplay more, and for that further concrete arguments about what exactly is suboptimal on the server would be appreciated.

The problem there is though: Many of you are complaining about (to complex) rules, and taking it to serious, but how shall the gameplay be changed without adjusting them?

And to answer Dazo:
hazik666 wrote:Maps:
Right now there are some really useless and boring maps on the server when it was old jail we had theese maps
jail_204_jailbreak jail_neondragon ba_tamma jail_recharged_remake jailbreak_final_1 jail_sneakpeak jail_revo_complete
Those maps are the best maps on the server and we rarely see them because we have like 50 maps
I agree with that. Only like a maximum of the 10 best maps should stay on the server, for that we could make a voting between all members/regulars later.
Children:
At first we had no children spamming mic or whining and that was amazing
Now we have little children whining spamming and mic spamming which we delt with by kicking them if they spam now we cant
Of course spamming is still a reason to warn/kick.
Rebelling - If you rebel you die now you dont
You still do. But rebelling is not "come close to a CT once", or "don't follow the order immediatly".

Before we had about 4 games which were:
Simon Says, Smith Says, Last Reaction, Race
Now we have over 20....
What's the problem about having many different games, as long as they are understandable and aren't against the rules?

Taste that spx....

With your you must warn 3 times...
Mizurri
Mizurri
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Linux Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:45 pm

I just have to say that, maybe ct's use simon to much, but then it is very hard to warn 3 times before you can kill them. I have started to be further away from the t's because somehow they always manage to knife you in the head. So when your about to give the last warning they knife you in the head. Sad this is why ct's prefer to use simon says, because then they can kill them if they dont follow your orders. When i am the commander i uses simon aswell, but i still manage to warn them 2 times before i have to kill them. It isnt just that, but when you play with some noobs on your team, you are forced to use simon or else you are doomed!
Linux
Linux

Number of posts : 494
Birthday : 1993-08-23
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by kami (GER] Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:58 pm

there are no more 3 warnings. u can give them 1-3 warnings.
i wouldnt give a second warning if they are running towards u. if u gave another command..
so handle it like situation is givin.
kami (GER]
kami (GER]

Back to top Go down

Post by Spx. Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:51 pm

Faatzor maybe I did say you need to warn 3 times before or something likely like it but that is some weeks ago, while everyone warned 3 times.
Spx.
Spx.

Male Number of posts : 2072
Birthday : 1995-11-02
Job/hobbies : Skating mountainbiking, snowboarding, outdoor sports =)
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizurri Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:53 pm

Spx. wrote:Faatzor maybe I did say you need to warn 3 times before or something likely like it but that is some weeks ago, while everyone warned 3 times.

which part you didnt understand i will explain, everyone did it wrong so you to, so you cant report me for that what you wanted so much, and you said exactly you have to warn 3 times..some weeks ago ornot here is the prooves that it isnt true
Mizurri
Mizurri
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spx. Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:58 pm

Faatzor, everyone did it wrong, also I did, yes.. What is the use of making it a problem over here, that wasn't the reason why I wanted to report you at all, you were swearing on almost everyone..!

P.S. Let's discuss this on steam-friends if you want to continue.
Spx.
Spx.

Male Number of posts : 2072
Birthday : 1995-11-02
Job/hobbies : Skating mountainbiking, snowboarding, outdoor sports =)
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizurri Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:04 pm

Spx. wrote:Faatzor, everyone did it wrong, also I did, yes.. What is the use of making it a problem over here, that wasn't the reason why I wanted to report you at all, you were swearing on almost everyone..!

P.S. Let's discuss this on steam-friends if you want to continue.

no no ofc...last post in this topic..
Mizurri
Mizurri
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hater Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:50 am

Ancient wrote:Im going to be 100% honest about this topic.

All the people that have been accepted for the nD Team after Hanyuu ruined the JB server.. I cant play ffs 1 time whitout getting flamed like hell.. You know what i think? People take this game to damn serious ffs.. that why most of the people left nD because they get pissed off at some members because they want it their way.. JB was hella fun in the summer now the word 'fun' has no meaning in the server.. Now it looks like a god damn real prison.. The other day i was on JB and i blew up a CT whit a granade (TK). When i did that at the classis JB (summer) everyone lol'd and ROFL'd.. (even members/admins). Now when i do that a minorty laughs and the rest says stuff like this : Im gonna report you | Im gonna get you out off the team | Im gonna tell agito/koyumu about you..
FFS! I know it isnt allowed but goddamn look at yourself its just a freaking game! For once, cant you have fun on the server instead of taking the game to f*cking serious.. If this continues alot of members will leave! Nowadays i dont even bother joining jail (unless no admins/members are there) because its just to f*cked up by people that take the game 2 freaking serious... (Most of them are MEMBERS!)

Peace out..

This.

ps: a community or server isn't broken by the players, it's broken by the members of it
The Hater
The Hater
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 570
Birthday : 1993-09-26
Registration date : 2009-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by BBQQ Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:25 am

I tell ya it was deh new members

BBQQ

Number of posts : 125
Birthday : 1991-02-06
Registration date : 2009-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by kami (GER] Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:30 am

i tell ya it was deh retarded players.
kami (GER]
kami (GER]

Back to top Go down

Post by Necro Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:43 am

kami (GER] wrote:i tell ya it was deh retarded players.

And whinners
Necro
Necro
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Male Number of posts : 3892
Birthday : 1924-02-27
Job/hobbies : Aww men I am a sciences freak!!
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by kami (GER] Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:48 am

and BBQQ's and and and. whiners. rofl..
kami (GER]
kami (GER]

Back to top Go down