neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

maps - problems, infos and so on...

5 posters

Go down

maps - problems, infos and so on... Empty maps - problems, infos and so on...

Post by Agito Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:35 am

as_crazytank3: server crashed at the end of the map. when changing to "as_crazytank2".

fun_allinone: no crash but knife area stucked...

as_crazytank3: awp should be restricted. i think awp is anyway sort of inbalanced on most of the funmaps. a lot of ppl left because of the awp. with the awp its possible to kill the vip from far away. result: vip dies after 30 seconds of the game and the ship isnt moving at all cos the driver gets killed right away.

fun_rollercoster: should be removed no matter what. its fun but the players just stuck the cars just for fun which stops the whole gameflow. the result is that everyone leaves. the cars just stuck sometimes also. and without the rollercoster its NOT possible to cross the map. its not the map... its the community that isnt abel to play the map the way it should be played.
the second problem is the gameplay itself. the cts have to stay on a single point without being abel to move at all. for terrors its a little bit fun thought... but not for the ct (while playing mainly the ct's left the server.)

as_crazytank_elite: server crash 12. april 09 . 12:33 gmt+1
Agito
Agito
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 833
Birthday : 1988-11-28
Job/hobbies : drawing, playing games, animes, mangas and computer stuff
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Back to top Go down

maps - problems, infos and so on... Empty Re: maps - problems, infos and so on...

Post by Agito Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:43 am

de_crazytank: the awp is far too overpowered (and the auto sniper a little bit) because it makes the sniping to the other base or over long distances far too easy. before the mapchanged to this one, there were 23/30 player. after 10 minutes of that map only 15/30 where left on the server and some said "awp sucks with this map". i think that proves what i say.

same goes for the "as_" maps. i mean its not really possible to drive the tank or boats with the vip to the safe zone cos its just too easy to kill the driver or the vip from far away with the awp(or autosniper. for example: the tanks or boats don't move at all because the driver gets kill after 2-3 seconds when he starts to move the tanks. for some of the as maps there are also some spots where its possible to spawnkill the counters without being seen by the ct's at all.
the mainproblem from my point of view is that the awp became the mainweapon on most of the "large maps" which results i massiv spawncamping. its rather a campmatch than a deathmatch :/

Last edited by Agito on Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Agito
Agito
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

maps - problems, infos and so on... Empty Re: maps - problems, infos and so on...

Post by Agito Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:01 am

a certain hns map:

first lots of ppl just left or complained about the server saying "moron server" when the awp was still in there. after kermit restricted all the rifels almost no one left or complained and the server was suddenly full. strange thing dont you guys think so too? (sry if i sound provoking)

to say it more clearly the server was almost the the day empty (not more than 10-15 player thanks to the awp and autosniper thing.10 -15:30 gmt+1 or something like that. later on it doesnt matter so much cos many ppl just join randomly into a full server.) i seriously think the sniper weapons destroys the whole dm gameplay because sniping is a lot easier and many ppl think if the enemy has a awp, than they have to use it also to have a chance. this just goes on for a while and starts to get boring (or do you think its fun to play the whole day a awp map?). thats the same as just making the dm server into a aim_awp server. (usually above 30-50 % use it really and on maps with a far sight over70% start to use it.

on some maps the awp might be ok but for the dm server there are just to many maps where those weapons give a too big advantage.
(e.g. as_ maps or all the large maps)
now the server is filled quiet good. hm... i guess i have to make a list of all the maps where the awp isnt so good in.

- a limitation of 2-3 awps per team would also be enaugh.

Last edited by Agito on Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:54 am; edited 5 times in total
Agito
Agito
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Agito Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:03 am

my final suggestion would be to limit the amount of awps and autosnipers per team to 2 awps or some thing like that. as long as there arent too many awp player on the server its also still fun.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

maps - problems, infos and so on... Empty cs_schoolwinter crashes

Post by Kermit The Fr@g Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:22 pm

cs_schoolwinter51 crashes, server returns to boring old fun-all in one (i never got the "fun" part of that map). As with Agito (found your post m8 Smile) I agree, AWP disrupts the gameflow severely, imho it should be taken out altogether or at least be restricted to 1 or 2 per team. BTW, some great new map posts Koyu Smile
Kermit The Fr@g
Kermit The Fr@g
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 95
Birthday : 1962-06-27
Job/hobbies : Sound Engineer, Musician, Teacher
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit The Fr@g Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:25 pm

Agreed with Agito, once I either restricted or changed weapon options, people started getting back in. I know for a fact that a lot of the regs hate these overpowered badly designed ROFLRIFLES. They should be taken of CS altogether, even in clan wars they suck. But that is just on a personal note Smile
Kermit The Fr@g
Kermit The Fr@g
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit The Fr@g Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:28 pm

Fun-rollercoaster agreed, I usually change it on sight and most players than me for that. Vehicles in CS are just too buggy, as well as the stationary CT's are a bit boring. IT's a nice idea but badly executed.
Kermit The Fr@g
Kermit The Fr@g
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pukata Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:42 am

Good job guys Smile

Pukata
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1872
Birthday : 1993-07-21
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiny Dancer Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:20 am

Totally agree with both Agito and kermit when it comes to the AWP... But the shield is even worse, and has to be removed!
Tiny Dancer
Tiny Dancer
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 1099
Birthday : 1990-05-20
Job/hobbies : Planning the perfect murder
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Agito Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:58 am

Tiny Dancer wrote:Totally agree with both Agito and kermit when it comes to the AWP... But the shield is even worse, and has to be removed!
well the shild can be annoying sometimes but did you notice something?^^

yes. thanks to the god damn shild there is a lot less spawnkilling cos its far more difficult to kill there. shild player usually camp near the base which makes it more difficult to approach to the spawn location. so i think the shild should stay but i think its better to make a vote on that thing either it should stay or not.
Agito
Agito
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Koyumu Sat May 09, 2009 10:26 am

fun_rollercoaster removed
for all other crash, that happen sometimes
ill install a awp limit
Koyumu
Koyumu
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2009-02-18

https://neondragon.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Koyumu Sat May 09, 2009 10:32 am

Ok, sniper limit added !
Koyumu
Koyumu
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2009-02-18

https://neondragon.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down