neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guns & Teleporters at finish?

+4
Smile
Fagnatic
Hibari
x-regit-x
8 posters

Go down

At the finish

Guns & Teleporters at finish? I_vote_lcap50%Guns & Teleporters at finish? I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 6 ]
Guns & Teleporters at finish? I_vote_lcap0%Guns & Teleporters at finish? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Guns & Teleporters at finish? I_vote_lcap25%Guns & Teleporters at finish? I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 3 ]
Guns & Teleporters at finish? I_vote_lcap17%Guns & Teleporters at finish? I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]
Guns & Teleporters at finish? I_vote_lcap0%Guns & Teleporters at finish? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Guns & Teleporters at finish? I_vote_lcap8%Guns & Teleporters at finish? I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 12

Guns & Teleporters at finish? Empty Guns & Teleporters at finish?

Post by x-regit-x Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:37 pm

Most maps give you weapons and teleporters back to spawn. My map (sr_jungle) gives you only a place to fight the other finishers. My question is now what you like most.
If there are weapons usually the first finisher is able to kill everybody of the other team who finishes easily. He also can empty all weapons but one so that nobody else will get a weapon. Or they drop them just away where nobody else can get them. This is very easy at maps where only a few weapons are laying on the floor.
If there is a teleporter to spawn he can just go to the enemy's spawn and kill everybody of the other team who still had lifes and usually wanted to try it another time.

In my opinion these two things are destroying the gameplay. Good slideracers can finish most maps at the first time (per round, not in total). So those who still want to practise get less chances because after first or seconds try they get killed at spawn. Or if they finished/are close to finish they get killed by those who are already there and have weapons. They can not do anything to survive. This is annoying and makes it also boring.
But this is my opinion. What do you think?

PS: It is the choice of the mapper at all what he wants to put at the finish. If a decision is made it does not mean that every map will follow it.

Last edited by x-regit-x on Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:52 am; edited 1 time in total

x-regit-x
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 684
Birthday : 1992-08-21
Job/hobbies : Soaring (hobby)
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Guns & Teleporters at finish? Empty Re: Guns & Teleporters at finish?

Post by Hibari Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:04 pm

Your map is the best regit i love the hidden armor, flash and HE but the best is the knife fights at the end. but like gridded, underground etc its very hard to finish.. so its kinda useless to have knife fight at the end of hard maps since not many people can get to the end.
Hibari
Hibari

Male Number of posts : 2048
Birthday : 1994-07-01
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Fagnatic Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:12 pm

Uhmm regit what bout the

"Teleport to Spawn and there are weapons" options

but like hibari said , i like knife battles at the end ^^
Fagnatic
Fagnatic

Male Number of posts : 2699
Birthday : 1994-02-25
Registration date : 2010-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Smile Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:17 pm

Well tbh, I like where no tele is at end, and that you got hidden stuff in the map makes it even more awesome.

But 1 thing, could it be doable to add like a tele to own spawn. if your T you will be directed to T spawn.(no gun)
Like if you finnish the map and want to do it again to beat the record. (without having to type 'kill' in console and loose a life.)
If that would be possible it would be awesome, cuz Sometimes the server is empty and only me is on it, so I finish the map and wanna redo, but feels so slow to do kill in console and wait for new round..

But I'd like to see more knife fight at end and hidden things on maps Very Happy
The hidden things on maps makes it even more fun, then you actually
dont just have to break record but also find stuff to gain advantage ^^

EDIT; Complicated maps could contain guns and tele, but a tmp or scout as gun seeing that it is very over powered otherwise, no chance to kill the one who made it almost o.o

Last edited by smileftw on Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Smile
Smile

Male Number of posts : 1829
Birthday : 1992-08-07
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Xalus Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:21 pm

Ur map isn't that hard,
That makes it fun to make a Knife Battle on the end.

Weapons will make te map boring, Knife Battle is awesome!
Xalus
Xalus

Number of posts : 204
Birthday : 1995-04-26
Registration date : 2009-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by SultaN Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:47 pm

Some maps are already hard enough to finish for noobs (like me). So I think having guns and teleport to the other teams spawn would be more frustrating for the newbs to not be able to finish the map. The guns and teleport makes it more harder then some maps already is. So I think neither guns or teleport should be allowed and just only knife battles at the end of the map with nades would be more funnier. And it's already fun to knife when your behind your enemy while u slide.

So long story short: Only knife & nades at the end. And an optional teleport to go back to your own spawn like phoenix already said.
SultaN
SultaN
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 1732
Birthday : 1993-01-16
Job/hobbies : Basketball, Soccer, Gaming
Registration date : 2010-04-02

http://www.dutch-gs.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by pn Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:51 pm

i like the teleports and hidden guns

what about changing guns like m4 and awp with tmps or scouts?
pn
pn

Male Number of posts : 2286
Birthday : 1993-04-07
Job/hobbies : hmmm beer
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:42 am

Maybe if we can somehow remove the semiclip when you are knifing, I would vote for the teleport to spawn without weapons, but knifing with semiclip is simply extremely frustrating, not fun at all imo..
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 3979
Birthday : 1992-02-01
Job/hobbies : Owning you!
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by x-regit-x Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:51 am

A teleport to do the map again would be good? So that you immediately after teleport start. (You don't get teleported into any spawn area, but directly into boost.)

I don't know exactly how the timer which counts how long you needed to finish the map works. I guess it starts when you spawn and ends when you hit the finish. So if you teleport to start you can not break the record because the timer is not counting.

The problem i see with guns is that the first one who finishes gets a too high advantge. Even if there is a scout or TMP.

x-regit-x
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 684
Birthday : 1992-08-21
Job/hobbies : Soaring (hobby)
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down