neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idea for new server...

+18
Chillz
SultaN
Xalus
grimvh2
Emziek
Smile
hazik666
Hibari
DarkNess
Dark_Shad
Sps
kwaakt
pn
Mizurri
QuickSilver
Marksel
conex
K!ng
22 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Idea for new server... - Page 3 Empty Re: Idea for new server...

Post by grimvh2 Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:29 pm

Faatzor wrote:

Also there is a bug as you saw, after someone upgraded ur sentry to lvl2 you can upgrade it yourself to 3. i still dont know how to use lasermines, i once bought them but never knew how to place. still dont know btw.

Grim Xalus I love you both<3

is that a bug? It tought i ment to be like. You can't upgrade it twice after each other. for example you build on (thats from level 0 to 1) another can upgrade it from 1 to 2 and then you can upgrade it back from 2-3. Me and a friend are always doing that.

grimvh2

Number of posts : 55
Birthday : 1992-09-17
Registration date : 2010-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by QuickSilver Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:39 pm

Sorry for starting the flamewar btw, that wasn't really my intention.
I fully agree that 2 weeks is a very long waiting time and that shouldn't be the case. But by saying that you will not make any updates because it takes too long to get a response sends the wrong message Wink

Anyway, I;m sure the admins responsible for this will have seen it by now and will hopefully act. I'm done with this issue now ^^
QuickSilver
QuickSilver
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2691
Birthday : 1957-02-06
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by K!ng Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:06 pm

Faatzor wrote:Also there is a bug as you saw, after someone upgraded ur sentry to lvl2 you can upgrade it yourself to 3.

That isn't a bug. About upgrading sentries: you can't upgrade the same sentry two times after each other, there should always be an upgrade of another teammate in between. So if you build a sentry (an "upgrade") you can't upgrade it anymore, but once a teammate upgraded to the next level, you can upgrade your own sentry again for 1 lvl (and last lvl).
Same with sentries of other teammates: if someone builds a sentry and you upgrade his/her sentry to lvl2, you can't upgrade that same sentry to lvl3, someone else has to do that (another teammate or the builder).
This doesn't apply with different sentries: you can upgrade as many sentries you to lvl2 (if you have the cash).

Faatzor wrote:i still dont know how to use lasermines, i once bought them but never knew how to place. still dont know btw.

I'm using the keys F2, F3 and F4 as binds for sentrymod. My binds are the following (maybe handy to copy them to your config or console):

bind "F2" "sentry_build"
bind "F3" "buy_lasermine"
bind "F4" "+setlaser"

Faatzor wrote:If we get the server, im gonna get some people to advertise with me there, talking about a server with no CHEATERS.

couse the server is pretty full:O

Maybe not the best idea. If you going to advertise for a server with many cheater, the chance exist that some cheaters of that server will come to the nD-server. And besides that, the most players there are Russian noobs who don't understand English and can't speak English. And since they are from Russia, there ping/latency will be (a bit) higher than average and can cause some laggs.
What you should do instead is go to other English or Dutch servers (or German or Sweden, but not fricking Russia) and introduce sentrymod there. Or let friends join you.
I have already some friends who are very interested in a lagg- and cheat-free sentrymod server (just like that Russian one) and they will definitely come play on the nD-server (if it will be made and launched). Reached this only by playing on sentrymod, so I think it won't be that hard to get the server full.

So I'm looking forward to the creation of a nD-server and I think it will be really awesome and it will attract alot more player to the whole nD-community (people will learn the other nD-servers and forum via sentrymod).

K!ng

Male Number of posts : 175
Birthday : 1988-04-17
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Chillz Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:01 pm

I have already some friends who are very interested in a lagg- and cheat-free sentrymod server (just like that Russian one) and they will definitely come play on the nD-server (if it will be made and launched). [/quote]

Simple..
If they cheat..
Banned?..
Chillz
Chillz
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 2114
Birthday : 1995-10-16
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizurri Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:03 pm

i haz 20 friends that will buy cs because of that o.O also BB server
Mizurri
Mizurri
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 5130
Birthday : 2006-06-06
Job/hobbies : Fulltime Gangster
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by conex Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:11 pm

i played this mod today.. the only downside was the lag.. i loved the idea.. but the map we wear playing was really bad... ! and the thing is when its deathmatch in this way.. i think ts should spawn in t spawn and cts in ct spawn.. and not all over the map you can be so unlucky and spawn next to one off those shotting things.. and die up to 5 times a row.. and sometimes you cant find any weps.. but overall the mod is perfect.. i really like it.. !
conex
conex
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 1458
Birthday : 1992-10-28
Job/hobbies : artist...
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:34 pm

grimvh2 wrote:They don't want the updates. Or atleast thats how it comes over. Ive done my best to get in contact with a server administrator.
Whom did you try to contact? You can find a list of admins easily as a sticky in the News section (Link) and someone of them would have forwarded that to a server admin. You could've also told Xalus to tell one of us, since he is more in touch with the team, I doubt that anyone had you on the friends list!

Since I talk with Xalus from time to time and he knows I'm a server admin @ nD I wonder why I didn't get notified by him.

Please add me (mycs2146) for further discussion.
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 876
Birthday : 1991-06-02
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by grimvh2 Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:11 am

Mati wrote:
grimvh2 wrote:They don't want the updates. Or atleast thats how it comes over. Ive done my best to get in contact with a server administrator.
Whom did you try to contact? You can find a list of admins easily as a sticky in the News section (Link) and someone of them would have forwarded that to a server admin. You could've also told Xalus to tell one of us, since he is more in touch with the team, I doubt that anyone had you on the friends list!

Since I talk with Xalus from time to time and he knows I'm a server admin @ nD I wonder why I didn't get notified by him.

Please add me (mycs2146) for further discussion.

I speak with xalus almost 24/7. Im not going to say names because everyone I know from nD is kind and I like them. Ive got 1 ftp administrator on friends, 1 admin and 1 player that donated for the BB. The thing is, ive explained it bad with what I mean with stop making updates. What I mean is that, I oftenly update the plugin because I want it to and not because other people ask me to, if they ask me to update I wont refuse it. What I really mean is that I am not going to update it anymore out of my self. Maybe a little hard to understand because of my bad english :p

about sentrymod. When people wouldn't spawn randomly, the winning team would camp a base and they will be easely overmasterd.

grimvh2

Back to top Go down

Post by kwaakt Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:19 am

yeah it would be impossible to capture the t spawn as a ct. Cause when you finally captured the t spawn as a ct when you killed the terrorists they spawn right next to you.
The spawns have to be through all the map.
kwaakt
kwaakt
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 959
Birthday : 1985-11-22
Registration date : 2009-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by conex Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:41 am

kwaakt wrote:yeah it would be impossible to capture the t spawn as a ct. Cause when you finally captured the t spawn as a ct when you killed the terrorists they spawn right next to you.
The spawns have to be through all the map.

no.. ;D look at battlefield.. they only spawn at there flags... but when you die.. there shout be a delay before being able to spawn again.. bounce so it more tactic play.. instead of just spawning random..
conex
conex
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 1458
Birthday : 1992-10-28
Job/hobbies : artist...
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by K!ng Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:56 am

Hmm, it's way more fun if you respawn at random spot throughout the whole map. Makes the gameplay more hectic and active. Always check behind you, the frustration of an enemy spawning behind you...love it!

Besides this, the spawns are sometimes the only method to capture a flag. Example:
Kwaakt and I were playing sentrymod in cs_assault (don't add this map to sentrymod...). Eventually the teams were devided in 2 area's: the CT's (Kwaakt and I were CT's) inside and the T's outside. We couldn't go out the building, because there were lasermines and sentries at every exit. Luckily I spawned sometimes on a place where no sentry was so I could build there a sentry and kill some T's so their sentries would disappear (and Kwaakt was very helpful with a spawn on the right place on the right time Smile).

Another thing: when a team spawns eveytime at the same spot, there will be very annoying spawnkillers.

So the random spawning is fun and it's necessary. It's perfect as it is.

K!ng

Male Number of posts : 175
Birthday : 1988-04-17
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by grimvh2 Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:04 am

K!ng wrote:Hmm, it's way more fun if you respawn at random spot throughout the whole map. Makes the gameplay more hectic and active. Always check behind you, the frustration of an enemy spawning behind you...love it!

Besides this, the spawns are sometimes the only method to capture a flag. Example:
Kwaakt and I were playing sentrymod in cs_assault (don't add this map to sentrymod...). Eventually the teams were devided in 2 area's: the CT's (Kwaakt and I were CT's) inside and the T's outside. We couldn't go out the building, because there were lasermines and sentries at every exit. Luckily I spawned sometimes on a place where no sentry was so I could build there a sentry and kill some T's so their sentries would disappear (and Kwaakt was very helpful with a spawn on the right place on the right time Smile).

Another thing: when a team spawns eveytime at the same spot, there will be very annoying spawnkillers.

So the random spawning is fun and it's necessary. It's perfect as it is.

can't agree more. Im planning to make it in the vacation (starting 22 june, in 5 days) in steps. I would start off making the capture the flag. With programable spots for the flags. For example the next round the flags are on other spots.

grimvh2

Back to top Go down

Post by grimvh2 Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:51 pm

Offtopic : Problems with updating BB have been solved. Server is running up to date again.

grimvh2

Back to top Go down

Post by Coffeecake Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:03 pm

well this is another amazing idea from you k!ng, i think im falling in love...or mabey not......anyway. The server sounds extremly fun.it sounds like a HELL of a lotta work, but if the nd team put there mind to it, im sure that this could happen. and about the bb...its fun....sometimes....but i think it would make a good slot for the sentrymod server.Still very good idea.You have my full support on this.
Coffeecake
Coffeecake

Male Number of posts : 390
Birthday : 1996-09-18
Job/hobbies : NeonDragon, football, music
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Spx. Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:39 pm

We surely need a server with this mod, it's f*cking awesome! I had one good map yesterday, around 230 kills - 30 deaths, 2 sentries, covered my self (+ my teammates and they covered me) with the lasermines, also I still had the 'chaingun'.

I must say: E-P-I-C!
Spx.
Spx.

Male Number of posts : 2072
Birthday : 1995-11-02
Job/hobbies : Skating mountainbiking, snowboarding, outdoor sports =)
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Gast Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:44 pm

Nice, where can I try out this mod?

Gast

Back to top Go down

Post by Gast Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:48 am

I tryed this mod out, very good. Add it to nD!

Gast

Back to top Go down

Post by Gast Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:56 am

One thing to ask, if this server is builded then you need more members to watch that server right?

Gast

Back to top Go down

Post by Smile Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:05 am

Orpertex wrote:Nice, where can I try out this mod?
Orpertex wrote:I tryed this mod out, very good. Add it to nD!
Orpertex wrote:One thing to ask, if this server is builded then you need more members to watch that server right?

There is an edit button, no need to post 3 times..
And they got enough members atm I think, and you wont get
member just because new server is up.
Smile
Smile

Male Number of posts : 1829
Birthday : 1992-08-07
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Gast Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:19 am

smileftw wrote:
Orpertex wrote:One thing to ask, if this server is builded then you need more members to watch that server right?

Did I ask about member? No.

Gast

Back to top Go down

Post by Smile Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:21 am

Orpertex wrote:
smileftw wrote:

Did I ask about member? No.

thought you were since the question were asked in such way, sorry for that then.
Smile
Smile

Male Number of posts : 1829
Birthday : 1992-08-07
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by kwaakt Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:54 am

Our sentry's Very Happy