neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idea for new server...

+18
Chillz
SultaN
Xalus
grimvh2
Emziek
Smile
hazik666
Hibari
DarkNess
Dark_Shad
Sps
kwaakt
pn
Mizurri
QuickSilver
Marksel
conex
K!ng
22 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Idea for new server... Empty Idea for new server...

Post by K!ng Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:02 pm

If neonDragon is planning to create a new server, I have an idea for the server.

The server has to be a "fun-server" like every other server of nD.

The mode is called "sentrymod" and in combination with deathmatch and "capture the flag" (not getting your flag out of the enemy base and bring it to your own base, but slightly different) it is very funny and nice to play. I will try to explain the gameplay:

Goal/Win - Capture the Flag: The team (CT or T) who can capture all 5 flags in the map and control/secure them all simultaneously, wins the round. You can capture the flag by standing/crouching/jumping on the place where the flag is. The 5 flags are spread over the entire map. Some are hard to capture and hard to defend/control (flag on open spot) and some are easy to capture and easy to defed (flag in an alley, with 1 entrance for example). [Optional] The team that wins the round will be awarded with an awesome chaingun (limited ammunation) the next round. They will lose the chaingun when they die and they won't be able to retrieve another one (unless they win the round again). As compensation the players of the winning team will lose all of their money. The losing team on the other hand, will not only keep their money, but will also get some money. Money is an important factor of the game [Optional]!

Sentrymod: In sentrymod you can build sentries and lasermines.
Sentry: A sentry is a positioned turret which can't moved after building. It can turn 360 degrees and it can aim/shoot at almost any height. You can build/buy a sentry by pressing a key (which is bound to a certain command like "sentry_build"). You have to pay for the sentry. Building one should be expensive, like 3000$. Sentries can only be build on horizontal ground. You start with a level 1 sentry, which reacts slower, has less firepower and has less health than sentries of higher levels. These 3 factors will increase with the levels. A teammate has to upgrade your sentry (you can't upgrade it yourself after building one) by running into it. This will cost him like 100$, but your sentry is now a level 2 sentry and will kill more enemies. Now you or a teammate can upgrade your sentry to the last and best level: level 3. This will cost something like 500$. A kill by a sentry counts as a kill (for the player who build it). A sentry can be destroyed by shooting/nading it (which is kinda hard, especially a level 3 sentry) or by killing the player who build the sentry (if you die, everything you build will dissappear). You can build max. 2 sentries so the map will still be playable.
Lasermines: Think almost everyone knows what a lasermine is and what a lasermine can and does. But I will explain it anyway. A lasermine can be bought for like 100$ and placed against horizontal ground/ceiling or vertical wall. The lasermine creates a laserbeam. Walking through a laserbeam will damage you (lower your health). Walking through multiple laserbeams can kill you. The server owner can set how much damage (how many HP) a single laserbeam will do. There is a maximum amount of lasermines you can deploy (for example 3) so the map will still be playable. You can destroy lasermines by shooting/nading them, but they will explode. Another option is to kill the builder of the lasermines. [Optiona] lasermines take space (you can't walk through the actual mine). But this mean you can also jump on the and reach places you normally can't reach in the map [Optional].

Deathmatch: This would be normal deathmatch: you can pick any gun you like when you spawn. Spawn place at the beginning of the round is the normal CT-spawn or T-spawn. You will respawn on a random spot. This means you have to be careful at any time, because it could be that an enemy will spawn right next to you when you are trying to capture a flag...Gunmenu will appear with every (re)spawn unless you disabled it. Friendly fire is off.

Killing/Dying/Health/Money:
Killing: Killing players is very important because it will give you some benefits: first of all you get money for a kill of course (let's say 300$). But besides that, you will gain health. You will gain 50HP for a normal kill (every type of kill except headshot) and you will gain 100HP for a headshot (with any weapon). Of course there is a max. amount of HP: 250HP is max HP. So if you are low on health it's wise to kill someone. But also when you want to build a sentry you need to kill someone to gain money.
Dying: When you die you will respawn immediately (with 100HP). All sentries and lasermines you build will dissapear. But dying has no influence on your amount of money or the upgrades you have done on sentries of other persons. Dying is sometimes handy when a route is blocked by hostile sentries and lasermines; you have the chance to spawn behind them and kill the builder so the route is clear again.
Health: Like I said above: you gain health when you kill someone, but you won't gain health when your sentry kills someone. You start/spawn with 100HP and you can reach max 250HP. You will lose HP by enemy fire, nades, lasermines (exploding), laserbeams and sentries. Also falling down of a great height will lower your HP of course (*parachute).
Money: You need money for building sentries (3000$/buildlvl1 - 100$/upgradelvl2 - 500$/upgradelvl3) and lasermines (100$). You can gain money by killing enemies (300$). But you also gain money of your sentry kills an enemy (300$ is you only build lvl1 - $450 if you also upgraded from lvl2 to lvl3). And you can gain money if you upgraded a sentry of your teammate, and that sentry kills someone (150$). This is a smart thing to do since to upgrade will remain untill your teammate dies, so your death won't stop the cashflow of an upgrade.

General:
Parachute: A parachute should be added to make the gameplay even nicer.
Autobind: Offer (new) players to bind keys (for building sentries, buying lasermines and placing lasermines) automatically for them.

-------

Why this would be a good new server?
Well, I know only 1 server which has these kind of settings, and it's a very populair server. Players keep asking if there is another server like it (because this server is located in Russia and this locations causes high ping/latency for some players). Think it's no problem to get the server full and keep it full with a lot of regular players. A friend of mine played one time on that server and the next thing he did is started a new server this "Capture the Flag"-mode (without sentrymod). Within 2 days the server was full on a daily basis. Too bad he was just testing some configurations and other things (the sever is down again).
Also, the game is perfect to play just for a short period of time (what more and more players seem to prefer lately). You can jump right into it, participate immediately and start shooting and killing with your music on (sound is not that important on fun-servers).

I have here an IP-address of the server I meant: 89.248.179.50:27010
The server will be empty at night, because the server is located in Russia. And you probably will experience high pings/latency.

I made my explanation about my idea maybe a little bit too long (hopefully there is still some overview Razz). I'll hear from you if you have questions!

Greetz,
K!ng

K!ng

Male Number of posts : 175
Birthday : 1988-04-17
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Back to top Go down

Idea for new server... Empty Re: Idea for new server...

Post by conex Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:11 am

lol... ;D this is like battlefield... but i have never seen a mod for cs.. that does that...
conex
conex
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 1458
Birthday : 1992-10-28
Job/hobbies : artist...
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:38 am

This mod sounds awesome Very Happy
If we have space for all these plugins, I would deffinitely prefer this server over our current deathrun/FUN servers which are often empty.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 3979
Birthday : 1992-02-01
Job/hobbies : Owning you!
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by QuickSilver Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:51 am

I saw you play this mod the other day and decided to join for a few mins. I couldn't get a very good understanding of the game in those short minutes, but the very detailed explaination you posted above (good job on that!) makes me excited to play it. It sounds like a very fun game.

I'll see if we can discuss it in the next meeting Smile
QuickSilver
QuickSilver
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2691
Birthday : 1957-02-06
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:53 am

this mod kinda reminds me of the good old days of unreal tournament where you have to hold as many bases as possible at a time to gain points.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizurri Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:48 am

Marksel wrote:this mod kinda reminds me of the good old days of unreal tournament where you have to hold as many bases as possible at a time to gain points.

Ohyes indeed, it sounds really cool
Mizurri
Mizurri
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 5130
Birthday : 2006-06-06
Job/hobbies : Fulltime Gangster
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by pn Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:50 am

I like the idea, I hope its doable
pn
pn

Male Number of posts : 2286
Birthday : 1993-04-07
Job/hobbies : hmmm beer
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by K!ng Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:55 am

I will try to upload some screenshots or maybe even a vid soon of the sentrymod-server I'm playing in. So everyone will have a better idea of what it is.

K!ng

Back to top Go down

Post by kwaakt Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:15 am

K!ng I liked it when I played there.
kwaakt
kwaakt
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 959
Birthday : 1985-11-22
Registration date : 2009-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sps Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:12 am

This mod sounds great! And it would be a really helping hand instead of the empty Fun and deathrun server Smile Nice if you could post a video of the mod Smile
Sps
Sps

Male Number of posts : 500
Birthday : 1234-09-15
Registration date : 2010-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizurri Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:24 am

Omg its soooo awesome.

First i didnt understand a shit, but after playing like an half our
it becomes clear.

Sentry guns are awesome, you cant upgrade them by yourself
only your teammates can it goes still level3.
Mizurri
Mizurri
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark_Shad Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:09 pm

Omg this would be so awesome. Because the BB is getting boring when you play it every day.. :/
Dark_Shad
Dark_Shad

Male Number of posts : 356
Birthday : 1993-12-26
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkNess Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:10 pm

Dark_Shad wrote:Omg this would be so awesome. Because the BB is getting boring when you play it every day.. :/

Sorry but,

TOLD YOU SO!
DarkNess
DarkNess

Male Number of posts : 4591
Birthday : 1994-07-24
Job/hobbies : This is Serious.
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibari Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:18 pm

its just like Team fortress 2! love it.. but on the servers its only speed hackers and aimbotter >.>
Hibari
Hibari

Male Number of posts : 2048
Birthday : 1994-07-01
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by kwaakt Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:23 pm

Hibari wrote:its just like Team fortress 2! love it.. but on the servers its only speed hackers and aimbotter >.>

at this moment 50% is hacking in that russia server Sad Sad and no little hacks Pure autowalkingaimbotshit.. its insane but the mod is nice Smile I only wanted my ndmenu there in that server.
kwaakt
kwaakt
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Back to top Go down

Post by K!ng Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:25 pm

@Hibari
I know, that's why it would be ideal if nD makes such a server! Lagg-free and cheat-free! And someone told me that it a bit similair to Team Fortress Classic...?

And can't agree more with Darkness! Smile

K!ng

Back to top Go down

Post by K!ng Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:53 pm

Here are some screenshots I made today in sentrymod. I hope these screenshot will give you a good impression of the gameplay. I also made some demo's, but I will upload those later.
The maps that you see are cs_assault and de_inferno. I've put all screenshots in a RAR-file (19MB total). You can download all the screenshots here (RapidShare).

K!ng

Back to top Go down

Post by hazik666 Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:53 pm

Seems like a good mode Very Happy

But it does sort of remind me of the mode i played a few years back, It was modern guns like bazookas molotovs and stuff so cool :>
hazik666
hazik666
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 4838
Birthday : 0672-12-27
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibari Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:04 pm

K!ng wrote:@Hibari
I know, that's why it would be ideal if nD makes such a server! Lagg-free and cheat-free! And someone told me that it a bit similair to Team Fortress Classic...?

Idea for new server... Sentry2

this is how the TF2 Sentry's looks like.. as you can see they took the idea of sentrys xD

and TF2 have the mod called capture the flag etc so they got it all from TF2.
Hibari
Hibari

Male Number of posts : 2048
Birthday : 1994-07-01
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:14 pm

Hibari wrote:
K!ng wrote:@Hibari

Idea for new server... Sentry2

this is how the TF2 Sentry's looks like.. as you can see they took the idea of sentrys xD

and TF2 have the mod called capture the flag etc so they got it all from TF2.

You're kidding right?
You seriously think that sentry's and capture the flag were TF2's idea?
They have been around as long as shooters have... or any game what so ever.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by K!ng Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:14 pm

Looks exactly like a level 3 in sentrymod yes. But aren't the most mods stolen from other games (zm, wc3 and etc.)? Not that strange, people just import populair games into CS...TF2 is also a populair game Smile
Btw, is capture the flag in TF2 the same as capture the flag in sentrymod?

EDIT: +what Marksel said!

K!ng

Back to top Go down

Post by Smile Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:31 pm

I dont think hibari meant the 'concept' sentry,
more like the turret itself, on tf2 you also got 3 levels of turrets Razz
Im not saying its a bad thing. Actually i like the mod ;D
well except for the cheaters.. Which I for the record killed multiple times! XD
Smile
Smile

Male Number of posts : 1829
Birthday : 1992-08-07
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by K!ng Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:40 pm

Actually i like the mod ;D well except for the cheaters

That's why nD should make server like that one, and even improve it! With the large nD-member-team and the admins, it would be cheat-free on nD!

K!ng

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizurri Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:23 pm

K!ng wrote:
Actually i like the mod ;D well except for the cheaters

That's why nD should make server like that one, and even improve it! With the large nD-member-team and the admins, it would be cheat-free on nD!

I think if it happens it will be fun server and not nD* Sentry | name

admins, if you dont take this mod, i will do something, i dont know what yet, but ill do something
so get the server
Mizurri
Mizurri
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kwaakt Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:37 pm

jeey im owning
Idea for new server... Hl_20124
kwaakt
kwaakt
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next