neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Keep distance' on a 'freeday'.

+8
Marksel
Spx.
nase
conex
DarkNess
Smile
Emziek
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

'Keep distance' on a 'freeday'. Empty 'Keep distance' on a 'freeday'.

Post by 99.9 Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:10 pm

Hi all.

Today I was playing on your jailmod server, as usual.
The 'day' was a global simon says day.
We started playing, a few died, a few survived.
Anyways, the commander somehow died.
No one took over command.
I was walking/running around in the map - nothing wrong with that in this situation.
I saw a CT, I ran to him.
It was Mark (in my eyes, a total noob), I was running next to him and followed him where he wanted to go - nothing wrong with that, it's a non-commanding global simon says, the same as a freeday (untill someone is simon again ofcourse).
Outta no where he shot me in my legs.
I said: 'wtf?'.
He said: 'keep distance' in his microphone.
And still I kept following him, because I can - wasnt breaking any rules.
Another shot! 'Keep distance, you noob!'.
This repeated till I died.
*This just happend in the middle of the map - so NOTHING with CT area and stuff - just around tables and cells etc.

I was like: WTF?!

Started a conversation with nD* Nase (which is a ...... sorry to say), this conversation ended fast. Cause he couldn't explain shit, and was just afraid to respond, cause he didn't know how.

Can someone explain me, who was right?
Is it possible to say 'keep distance' on any day like that?
In my eyes, it isn't. If I'm wrong - correct me and give me a reason.

Sidenote: today I saw another 'bad' member. It's sad. Accept normal people in the future please, no offence.
By the way, ofcourse you guys have a lot of good members/admin's in this community too - I'm not gonna call their names, they know it theirselfs.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by 99.9 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:32 pm; edited 3 times in total

Number of posts : 27
Birthday : 1989-07-16
Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

'Keep distance' on a 'freeday'. Empty Re: 'Keep distance' on a 'freeday'.

Post by Emziek Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:26 pm

When u died he also said "Learn the rules"

And global simon that day means that u can go every where but Ct area also u need to obey the simon. And he wasnt simon.
So i think u are right.
Emziek
Emziek

Male Number of posts : 1027
Birthday : 1996-04-18
Job/hobbies : laughing
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Smile Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:32 pm

I think this was in the rules, thou long time since I read them last but yet,
If a CT somehow feel intimidated he can tell/assk the T to keep a distance if they dont give a warning?
am I wrong in this ? cuz if this is the case then mark was probably right
Smile
Smile

Male Number of posts : 1829
Birthday : 1992-08-07
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkNess Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:36 pm

If a ct says to ceep distance then you should ceep distance,
doesnt matter if its a freeday, he ofcourse needs to warnshot but if he said it twice through mic and you ceep running right besides him then in my eye's he can shoot you.
DarkNess
DarkNess

Male Number of posts : 4591
Birthday : 1994-07-24
Job/hobbies : This is Serious.
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by 99.9 Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:37 pm

@ smileftw

I've read the rules, a lot, since I'm playing here.
I searched in the rules after your reply with the CTRL + F (search).
Searched for the words: 'keep' 'distance'.
And I read everything about 'warnshots'.
Couldn't find anything about it - so yes, you are wrong about that I guess.

Last edited by 99.9 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by 99.9 Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:44 pm

Keep - with a K*

Darkness, thanks for your opinion.
But, it's a made up rule.
Someone said: you can say 'keep distance!' as a CT.
So you can?

As example - If I say ingame as commander: 'I can mapwalk (without anything, just legal)!'
Does that means I really can? No.

Anyways you're point is okay - but I have to see it in the rules or I'm still right.

Back to top Go down

Post by conex Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:57 pm

99.9 wrote:Keep - with a K*

Darkness, thanks for your opinion.
But, it's a made up rule.
Someone said: you can say 'keep distance!' as a CT.
So you can?

As example - If I say ingame as commander: 'I can mapwalk (without anything, just legal)!'
Does that means I really can? No.

Anyways you're point is okay - but I have to see it in the rules or I'm still right.
there is no rule irl about cutting your own dick of.. but do you do it ? nope...
conex
conex
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 1458
Birthday : 1992-10-28
Job/hobbies : artist...
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by nase Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:58 pm

When a CT feels harassed because the T is too close and is in knife-range the CT can ask the terrorist to keep distance and can start to warnshoot if the terrorist doesn't obey the CT's 'command'. Without that CT's just would be helpless because they can't do anything against terrorists who are directly in front of them/around them(don't tell me, you are not scared when he stand directly in front of you and can headstab you). I do that too when I don't know or trust that guy who is near to me because I want to avoid getting killed, like every CT and mark warned u a lot of times to keep distance and gave some shots in your leg and you kept on walking towards him, why didn't you just stop running, although you didn't know that he is allowed to do(saying to keep distance and warnshoot then) that you totally provoked the kill in still running around him instead of just stop running and searching for another CT. I think you just wanted mark to kill you(after the warnshots when you thought it was freeshooting) to be the big man so you can start a flamewar(you spammed the chat after that all the time although I told you to stop and explained that marc is allowed to do that) and tell everyone that mark freekilled(although he didn't) so he gets punished, I think everyone here knows you for insulting other people when they killed you and spamming the chat with useless stuff combined with capslock.

Everything should be clearlier now.
nase
nase
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 1177
Birthday : 1993-07-01
Registration date : 2009-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Spx. Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:04 pm

I've already had a chat with Mati (the jail teamleader) about this some days ago, I wanted to make a topic about this, but he said it wasn't needed.

Anyway, it's allowed to request the T's to keep some distance, but before warn shooting it has to be told through the microphone. Once the T's still come to close to you, after warning through the mic once, you're allowed to give a warnshot (ofcourse it's allowed to continue on this).

In this case Mark actually was wrong, but it's not totally his fault. If I'm right it's not in the 'rules', but this will be updated soon by Mati. If I read your story, Mark didn't tell it through the mic before giving a warnshot, which should be done because it isn't in the rules yet. It's indeed allowed to follow a CT, but you always have to keep some distance, he can request for some more distance if needed.

The following steps should be done for requesting distance:

1. Request distance over the microphone;
  2. Give a warnshot;
  3. Continue it if needed.

A answer on your question would be: Yes, it's allowed to request some distance, but it has to be followed by the steps shown above. You'd need to request distance over the microphone first (could be done globally or personally), after that you're allowed to give warningshots.

The 'rulebook' will be updated sometime, I guess Mati is working on this. I hope I explained it good enough for you, if you gotten any questions feel free to ask someone, but I think I explained it good enough. Smile

P.S: Correct me if I'm wrong!

Last edited by Spx. on Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made some typing mistakes.)
Spx.
Spx.

Male Number of posts : 2072
Birthday : 1995-11-02
Job/hobbies : Skating mountainbiking, snowboarding, outdoor sports =)
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:05 pm

This problem lies within the misunderstanding of a word:

'-You can kill a T if he attacks an officer'
Attacking does not mean physically hitting this person, it can be an attempt aswell as a taunt, it's all attacking.
Constantly following someone with a knife and aiming the knife at this person is deffinitly considered a taunt, and therefore an attack, even though this is not reason to instantly kill someone, the rules of warning apply duo to small violation of prison rules (just like not listening to a command would result in a warning for violating prison rules).

I know this is not specificly written like this in the rules, but this is what Agito ment with it when he wrote it. I used to tell people off from warning people or telling them to move away in such cases on freedays, until Agito told me the way this rule was meant, common sense really but I missed it myself aswell..

Conclusion: being really close to a CT is a threat/taunt/attack, so the CT is (if they have a mic to warn you with) in right to tell you to keep a bit of distance.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 3979
Birthday : 1992-02-01
Job/hobbies : Owning you!
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by nase Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:18 pm

99.9 wrote:this conversation ended fast. Cause he couldn't explain shit, and was just afraid to respond, cause he didn't know how.
Do you seriously think I can answer all 5 guys who are writing with me at the same time? Everyone asks me for slay or kick because they got freekilled and they always want kicks/bans but I didn't even see how they got killed and you was one of them(saw your kill and wrote that mark is allowed to do that, then i started to write with a other guy)

99.9 wrote:Sidenote: today I saw another 'bad' member. It's sad. Accept normal people in the future please, no offence.
By the way, ofcourse you guys have a lot of good members/admin's in this community too - I'm not gonna call their names, they know it theirselfs.
Have you been member before? Do you know how hard it sometimes is, can you even imagine it? I think no because you just come here into the forums and write stuff like that although you have no idea what it means to get spammed by so many people(I was the only member around at that moment) because they say you freekilled them and they got freekilled by other guys and then there are still the insulters I have to warn all the time, I can't watch everything and give anyone answers at the same time, sometime I am just overloaded by people who write to me because they are too much and I try my best to solve that problems since I am member, that's the reason why I applied, I can't just answer anyone because so many people would think that I just ignore them and only get worse then it already is and spam even more. I think I do my job pretty good and won't let me tell from someone like you, who just come in the forums to complain about freekills although they aren't because you don't know all the rules, that I do my job "bad" how you call it, maybe you should be member and show us what you would have done in this situation and how you would handle in this cases, do you think you can do it better than me? Did you even watch the chat how many guys were writing to me? Seriously, when you think you can do it so much better than me, I give you my spot in the team. But let me tell you something, coming up here in the forums and just tell members "bad" and that they are not normal people because they didn't respond you all the time because you are so important and everyone has to answer you because u're so famous and everyone likes you is just really mediocre because you don't know anything about what it means to be a member and with which situations they have to handle sometimes. Exactly people like you make the nD* servers worse, you're just a big egoist.

Last edited by nase on Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
nase
nase
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 1177
Birthday : 1993-07-01
Registration date : 2009-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by 99.9 Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:23 pm

'I give you my spot in the team.'
So I don't have to apply? Thanks dude! This means I use the nD* Jail from now on?

'Exactly people like you make the nD* servers worse.'
You forgot about freekillers etc.
And ofcourse, I love you too.

Haha, dude. Don't take it personal - don't hate the player, hate the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkNess Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:24 pm

Sidenote: today I saw another 'bad' member. It's sad. Accept normal people in the future please, no offence.

Oh god,
I seriously hate it when people come in here and post stuff like this.
We dont give a flying fuck if you saw a bad member and dont have the balls to say who it is.
What are we supposed to do now,
Oh 99.9 saw a bad member but we dont know his name, hmmm yep now we can do something.
DarkNess
DarkNess

Male Number of posts : 4591
Birthday : 1994-07-24
Job/hobbies : This is Serious.
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by 99.9 Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:26 pm

And by the way, Marksel thanks - your reply was very clear!

Back to top Go down

Post by 99.9 Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:28 pm

'I seriously hate it when people come in here and post stuff like this.'
And I seriously love it when people come in and just take the afford to respond on that.

'We dont give a flying fuck if you saw a bad member and dont have the balls to say who it is.'
Uhm, haven't you read the reply's above (drugs are bad and not legal under the age of 18)? It was pretty clear I guess. Even the member where it is about, replied with his opinion.
Haha.

---

Yes +6 posts!

Last edited by 99.9 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:31 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Spx. Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:30 pm

We can't do anything about this as long as we don't get any name, including good evidence. Till then, these kind of messages shouldn't be shown in my opinion.

EDIT: If this is about me, get some proof, please.
Spx.
Spx.

Male Number of posts : 2072
Birthday : 1995-11-02
Job/hobbies : Skating mountainbiking, snowboarding, outdoor sports =)
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by QuickSilver Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:40 pm

Before I started to read the replies, I was thinking the exact same thing as what 'Spx wrote. He and Mark explained it quite well.
QuickSilver
QuickSilver
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2691
Birthday : 1957-02-06
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:02 pm

Let me say a phew things about this topic:

Good that you brought this up, lacking propper explenation in the rules and it does seem to confuse quite a phew people.
But WHY did you have to COMPLETELY SCREW THIS TOPIC UP by putting in irrelevant bullshit like 'I saw a bad member' and 'lol stop doing drugs'... If you expect help (which you do, otherwise you wouldn't be asking questions on this forum) then do it in a mannered way. The only reason I replied with a propper reply is because there is much confusion about this it seems. Usually I would simply troll this topic, because a troll started it.

99.9: If you want to bring something across, keep a mannered tone, or what you are trying to bring across is overshadowed by irrelevant bullshit (which is the case in this topic).
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 99.9 Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:39 pm

'EDIT: If this is about me, get some proof, please.'
Why the hell do you think it's about you? lal.

Before you all think I'm super cool or a retard or whatever. I do agree with Quicksilver; and like I said in a previous post: thanks for the clear explanation.

@ Marksel

Sure with the mannered tone and stuff, but I just love trolls. I'm really glad a fellow-troll like you replied, like you said: you were trolling around too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Emziek Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:37 pm

An explanations of the rules of Global simon says is badly needed.
Becuz it was Global simon. The Commander dies. We start running around and doing stuff.
and then Mark says "Keep Distance". (notice without simon or saying that he is simon)
Then he kills 99.9 for not obeying.
But the rules say "in a global simon says you can be anywhere you want except CT area and you need to listen to Simon's commands" Does That Means That I Can only obey the Simon and not The Other officers?
Becuz some commanders kills me when i obey the others and not him.

Example
"CT 1: Simon says crouch and freeze
CT 2: Hey u Follow me! *Person 2 looking at Terrorist*
*Terrorist start to follow him*
***Terrorist dies by a M4A1 shot***
Terrorist: wtf?
CT 2: u didnt obey the simon"

To be able to get rid of the terrorists doesnt Mark need to say that he is simon, and then crouch and freeze or something like that?
For the rules say you can be anywhere except CT area and you have to listen to Simon's commands.

I don't know if i typed as good for u to understand what im trying to say, but hopefully u get the point of this reply.
Emziek
Emziek

Male Number of posts : 1027
Birthday : 1996-04-18
Job/hobbies : laughing
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:39 pm

I beleive this was not the case, atleast not in how 99.9 described it. in such a case you would indeed need a new simon says command until someone declared its a freeday or 20seconds have passed.

I beleive in this case 20 seconds had already passed and it had already turned into a freeday, that is how I understood it from the OP atleast.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:37 pm

Keep distance, of course.

Since I am here, sometimes when I am running around in a map during a freeday and a terrorist came close, I used to say 'keep distance' (or something like that)
which is of course better than camping 10 mins in the weapon room during a freeday.

CTs are allowed to command on a freeday for the sake of their own safety.

not sure if this applies to the rules of jailbreak, but at least I use that rule very often.
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Male Number of posts : 2308
Birthday : 1995-04-29
Registration date : 2009-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by umax Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:33 pm

Yes but your a special officer Agent Smith.
A non-vip/member will get shot earlier then guys like you. But thats not the problem at all..
every day/ night gets many people freekilled and teamkilled. But many members dont care, only when there own person gets (free)killed. thats what 99.9 means.
umax
umax

Male Number of posts : 101
Birthday : 1989-11-01
Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Smile Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:16 pm

umax wrote:Yes but your a special officer Agent Smith.
A non-vip/member will get shot earlier then guys like you. But thats not the problem at all..
every day/ night gets many people freekilled and teamkilled. But many members dont care, only when there own person gets (free)killed. thats what 99.9 means.

If i got you right, you want members to slay/kick someone for telling them that someone freekilled?
Well first of all, members should take actions for what they can see, an example of what not to do;
Member X is on jb, his friend Q gets freekilled by A but X didnt see, Q tells X he freekilled.
IF X then slay/kick, he did something wrong, but he could take a closer look at A and if he were to do something wrong
then X could take action.

PS. if Im wrong, correct me! I do not not know everything, but Im pretty certain this is how it is.
Smile
Smile

Male Number of posts : 1829
Birthday : 1992-08-07
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunefmeister Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:58 am

Mark was right
Gunefmeister
Gunefmeister

Number of posts : 13
Birthday : 1994-12-31
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next