neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New nD* structur and more admins

+2
pn
pr0nstar
6 posters

Go down

New nD* structur and more admins Empty New nD* structur and more admins

Post by pr0nstar Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:46 pm

nD* you have serious problems, a lack of an enhanced structure and not enough admins or at least low powered-admins ( i don't mean members here).

I wonder when it was the last time I saw Pukata on JB. could be one week or so? I think it was in the morning? Thats not good Pukata. you have to be on JB more often and watch your members and the players. Why?

Because it would be good when every server has his responsible admins or low power-admins.
I heard that some members, like insomnia, got kicked out. I wont tell the reason, but the reason is wrong. I even think that he got blamed, but i have no proof of that.
But who made the decision? The admins of course. I think you may don't trust them or trust people you are closer too. Even ex-members who got kicked out because of doing stupid things on the server…well thats no sign of credibility for me.

A new Admin structure would be great so that this won't happen again.

1. Responsible Server Admins
There should be at least 2 Admins for each server of: JB, FFa, the Zombie Servers and Surf. These are the current most played servers you have. So they need more attention the others.

The other servers may only need one combined admin. but not to much, so 1 for 2 servers would be ok i think.

2. How would the work look like?
The Admins should be there for at least 2 maps each day. You of course have a life too and you can't be there all the time. So it would be ok if you would be there when the most players are online.
But the 2 admins shouldn't be there at the same time. but they can of course, but only one really is there to do stuff. and the other one only helps when the active admin asks for.

You should prepare protocols of the week. what happened, where the members good commanders, did they do a good job as t or spectator and watched if they got asked. did they warn other players proper. all this stuff what you see should be in there. each week you work through the reports/protocols in your own private section and talk about members. not about kicking or so, but what they could do better and how they could improve etc.

3. communication is everything
if you think a member could improve more, just tell them private. nobody should be blamed for a bad command or just a small thing he did wrong.

don't blame others for stupid reasons.

4. be more transparent
tell us players the reason why members got kicked. it really sucks to ask them and i didn't actually. because i already got a feeling that it were stupid reasons who are not true.
also if you recruit new members, also ask the players. because we have to get around with them. if we have a problem with them, because the mic or commanding is bad, then it should be considered as well. of course with a comment.
but also X% of the member team should vote. because if not all vote it may means they are inactive (if they have no other reasons like having exams, work relation or sth like that, which is not permanent)

5. improve the servers
for example the /rules on JB. they are old. with admins who would keep refreshing them up, it would be more accurate for new players who join.
/games: there are a looooooooooot of games who got developed on JB but nobody can find an explanation for them. of course you could just start the game and explain. but some do it wrong or even don't know the rules by themselves.
and also, new players don't know the game. get killed. whine…you know the game. after some time they will realize the game but it would be nice especially for the commander to have a bit backup.

keep them up 2 date as well. admins work btw.

6. member should ask the admin of the server
if a member of the server has a problem with a rule, he should ask him. and not another admin who has no clue of it at all. like a zombie cant explain the rules accurate of JB like a Jail member. and he shouldn't btw. it always gives difficulties.

this is what i have for now, its a kick off. means if you have suggestions, corrections, opinions, whatever you else want, please post them. would be cool to have google wave now Surprised who wants an invite? :p

i am writing this to blame you admins or members or anywho. but i know the difficulties having an admin team but no team who takes actually care for servers or projects. so you have to figure sth out and i think thats the best you can actually make up.

btw the low powered admins could be the leaders of the nD* Member-Teams. i don't know them or even don't know if they exist, but choose the ones who are trustworthy OR ask the community, which is btw the better choice. because the community wont lie Wink and the member sees if he is good or not.

pr0nstar

Number of posts : 37
Birthday : 1988-06-08
Registration date : 2010-01-02

Back to top Go down

New nD* structur and more admins Empty Re: New nD* structur and more admins

Post by pn Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:43 pm

first of all i just want to say that you are no one to tell us (nD members/admins what to 2), you could just say the things in some other way then just requesting it.
Admins have a life you know, most of them are far more busy than members with the servers, the maps, the puglins, etc, dont show up from the zero. Admins create plugins and have to see evry map to the slightest detail and even edit it. Admins have to read every single log of the servers, so they dont need to be ingame. Admins have to talk with all members when they need help. Admins have to update the strike list. Admins have to test servers and maps and menus. Some admins even do maps and write plugins. Admins have to do a lot more things so that the game can be playable for you and for other whiners.
We have a very large number of players in the servers so only reading te logs and update the strike list is very hard.

1- There is a reason for the existance of members.
Members should be trustwhorth people, so that admins can do their job without concerning abaut rulebreackers. so, why do we nee a admin in game for a blocker, for a flamer, for a teamkiller, for a freekiller?
members should be able to deal with that.

2- As i said there is no need for admins be in the servers that often., and the other part is already done. they dont need to be ingame to know what members are good commanders, there are others members ingame that can tell them that. (yes, members talk to admins).

3- all members are warned in steam chat when they do something wrong so dont talk abaut one subject that you dont know nothing. and they dont need to blame members, everyone can make mistakes as long as they learn with it.

4- admins dont need to tell you why members got kicked. only nD team needs to know that. Members who got kicked know the reason why. If they dont tell you its up to them. As i said members are warned in steam chat and there is a topic in the private section, wich they can read.

5-its true some things should be updated but wh are you blaming new players on admins? there is a topic, i mean, several topics in the forum abaut the rules and there is a link ingame to the forum.

6- members talk to admins. atleast i do, and many others aswell. if they dont talk then its their fault. every single time i talked to an admin i got a reply from them.
Agito and mati expecialy know how many times i bother them with rules i was not sure abaut.

There is no such thing as low powered admins. only some active admins have access to the server, but thats because they know what they are doing.

Feel lad of the admins you have because its because of them that you can enjoy playing in nD

and, finnaly, dont talk about things you dont know nothing about

cheers
pn
pn

Male Number of posts : 2286
Birthday : 1993-04-07
Job/hobbies : hmmm beer
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ^skip^ Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:57 am

Sometimes are things unclear about the nD comunity that,s true

But for all the other things you are writing, makes me think you have no idea of what ur talking about.

Lots of importend changes wich we are making or been made involved all the members, we call it a meeting
all the current problems will be listed and talked about 1 by 1. This includes private stuff about members but also servers and maps.

The only thing we might have to change is that the meetings are a lil bit more often.
^skip^
^skip^

Male Number of posts : 320
Birthday : 1991-04-17
Job/hobbies : i like fireworks :D
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by hazik666 Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:43 am

Well we dont recruit admins but Koy/neon/agito decide if they think a player deserves and and invites them
But i would agree for one admin on each server makes sense because seem people deserve perm bans (e.g. mass freekill)
hazik666
hazik666
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 4838
Birthday : 0672-12-27
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Linux Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:53 am

I can see both of your points! I agree on something at both sides, we already got a teamleader for JB and he always answer when you ask Wink (Mati)! I think you are overreacting a little pronstar, but who doesnt sometimes? Smile
Linux
Linux

Number of posts : 494
Birthday : 1993-08-23
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by QuickSilver Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:40 am

It will be fine pron, don't worry Smile
QuickSilver
QuickSilver
Admin