neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A real question where I expect a true answer from. (READ MY TEXT BEFORE YOU VOTE)

+10
pure hate
paul_boy15
Mizurri
QuickSilver
nase
KoD
DarkNess
Necro
Linux
Agent Smith
14 posters

Go down

Latin or German

A real question where I expect a true answer from. (READ MY TEXT BEFORE YOU VOTE) I_vote_lcap71%A real question where I expect a true answer from. (READ MY TEXT BEFORE YOU VOTE) I_vote_rcap 71% 
[ 15 ]
A real question where I expect a true answer from. (READ MY TEXT BEFORE YOU VOTE) I_vote_lcap29%A real question where I expect a true answer from. (READ MY TEXT BEFORE YOU VOTE) I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 21

A real question where I expect a true answer from. (READ MY TEXT BEFORE YOU VOTE) Empty A real question where I expect a true answer from. (READ MY TEXT BEFORE YOU VOTE)

Post by Agent Smith Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:14 pm

Nowadays I'm struggling with a problem.

The problem is that I can't choose between 2 certain subjects. I have to pick one out of them... which are Latin or German.

I want to study medicines and I wan't to become something like a doctor or a plastic surgeon, however... which subject would you guys suggest to be the best subject for me to help with what I want to become, ill give a short summary about the 2 subjects.

Latin: I heard it's mostly translating but I think it will help me with my studies, because in the art of medicines there are pretty many Latin words, and if I choose Latin... it can help me with remembering certain thing I need to know which I need for my studies.
On a scale of 1 out of 10 I think I am on a 6,6 for Latin. Since I don't have my report yet of all the mean grades of the tests I just made a guess. It may not be a 6,6 but I do think it is close to it.

German: Actually... all my friends chose german, and since the Dutch language kinda is the same as German language I can compare some German words with Dutch words which are actually similar which helps me in learning those words. Because of that... I may also be able to read German text much more easily. And of course all my friends will choose German I might also want to choose German because it isn't too hard, my friends do it, and maybe if I get a job I can get a job in Germany, although Latin will more help me with my studies. On a scale of 1-10 I stand approximately a 7,4 for German.

But I don't know what to choose and at the 1st of april... (no joke) it is time to make my decision but right now I can't choose.

So I hope I can clear up my decision in a way you guys voted on. But of course, the outcome won't be my ultimate decision, but this way I get help with making my decision.

I would like you also to give an argument about why you chose Latin or German. Those arguments can also help me in making my decision.

So don't blindly vote, vote what YOU think is best for me. (So don't vote: 'LULZ I VOTE FOR GERMAN BECUZ I R GERMAN')

I also gave you guys the possibilities to cancel your vote.

Thanks and I am curious about the result Smile
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Male Number of posts : 2308
Birthday : 1995-04-29
Registration date : 2009-07-08

Back to top Go down

A real question where I expect a true answer from. (READ MY TEXT BEFORE YOU VOTE) Empty Re: A real question where I expect a true answer from. (READ MY TEXT BEFORE YOU VOTE)

Post by Linux Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:22 pm

I voted latin because i think you will have much more use for it than german, anyway I know you will choose the right thing Smile Good Luck with the choice Wink
Linux
Linux

Number of posts : 494
Birthday : 1993-08-23
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

A real question where I expect a true answer from. (READ MY TEXT BEFORE YOU VOTE) Empty Re: A real question where I expect a true answer from. (READ MY TEXT BEFORE YOU VOTE)

Post by Necro Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:48 pm

Agent Smith wrote:Latin: because in the art of medicines there are pretty many Latin words, and if I choose Latin... it can help me with remembering certain thing I need to know which I need for my studies.

You just said it ^^
Well, for me Latin is easier because is the root of Spanish and other languages but German would be much easier for you.
I personally recommend Latin. It's a dead language so you can't speak it with others but it would help your medicine career ^^
Anyway, you can also ask your head-teacher in your school or your teachers so they can advise you too Wink
Necro
Necro
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Male Number of posts : 3892
Birthday : 1924-02-27
Job/hobbies : Aww men I am a sciences freak!!
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkNess Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:55 pm

German!

I love speaking german haha, dont know why but the german language sounds hard powerfull.

Latin would be crap for me xD
DarkNess
DarkNess

Male Number of posts : 4591
Birthday : 1994-07-24
Job/hobbies : This is Serious.
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Necro Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:07 pm

DarkNess wrote:I love speaking german haha, dont know why but the german language sounds hard powerfull.

I would like to learn it Sad
Necro
Necro
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Male Number of posts : 3892
Birthday : 1924-02-27
Job/hobbies : Aww men I am a sciences freak!!

Back to top Go down

Post by KoD Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:20 pm

DarkNess wrote:German!

I love speaking german haha, dont know why but the german language sounds hard powerfull.

Latin would be crap for me xD

this.

And german language is handy'er ^^.
Who do you know, who talks latin?
and who do you know who talks german? ^^.

But on the other hand, I think its cheaper to follow a course german later on, when your done with your study.

I would go for german.
even thou I dropped it at school, I felt bad about that. its a great language
KoD
KoD
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Number of posts : 3513
Birthday : 1992-07-05
Job/hobbies : follow fat guys with a tuba
Registration date : 2009-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by nase Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:48 pm

German is the best langauge <3 Razz

Well, the german grammar is the most difficult thing of the language, the rest is easy.
nase
nase
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 1177
Birthday : 1993-07-01
Registration date : 2009-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by QuickSilver Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:00 pm

I voted for Latin, because I think that will help you the most with your study.
QuickSilver
QuickSilver
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2691
Birthday : 1957-02-06
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizurri Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:16 am

Latin, couse if you google that you get awesome sites. Oops (that was supposed to think that not write)

Lol joking.

Latin yes, becouse its awesome..and it will help you blablalba
what Quicksilver said
Mizurri
Mizurri
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 5130
Birthday : 2006-06-06
Job/hobbies : Fulltime Gangster
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:29 am

but remember, latin is translating lots of text from philosophers, and I don't think that is really needed for later.
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by paul_boy15 Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:36 am

latin is easier...just get the basics and if u get them then u can fly with 10/10...
paul_boy15
paul_boy15

Male Number of posts : 1504
Birthday : 1994-01-13
Job/hobbies : pure qst vuoi sape'?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:41 am

paul_boy15 wrote:latin is easier...just get the basics and if u get them then u can fly with 10/10...
no, no at all. There are a lot of words you all need to know by head, along with a lot of grammar. So I doubt it you would say it's easy.
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by pure hate Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:12 pm

if u want to become a doc then i would say german. we have many med. nobel-winners Razz
pure hate
pure hate

Male Number of posts : 536
Birthday : 1980-02-02
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ints Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:26 pm

I voted Latin becuz lulz im Latin!!!
Nah, not really.

You might need Latin more than you need German. But it's your decidion so yea.
Ints
Ints

Male Number of posts : 180
Birthday : 1996-02-20
Job/hobbies : Drumming
Registration date : 2009-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by pure hate Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:28 pm

germany have the best and biggest hospital in europe. Charité ! some nobel winners came from Charité ! german docs are really really good. we are one of the best in the world in cancer, heart, brain and transplantation med.! but smith know this if he want to become a doc Smile

Last edited by pure hate on Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
pure hate
pure hate

Male Number of posts : 536
Birthday : 1980-02-02
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanyuu Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:30 pm

In terms of academic helpfulness, I would go for Latin, as there are a few languages' roots that derived from Latin. (in America there is a test called SAT that includes writing, reading, and math sections of which colleges look at -- the reading section is very easier for those who takes Latin compared to those who haven't).

However, if for personal interest, I, myself, would've gone for German (not too good with ancient stuff). <_<

Of course, the final decision is up to you. ^-^

I would say choose what you find more interesting (don't let your friends influence you on your decision). If you find something interesting, you would put the effort into learning it.
So in the end: For academics => Latin
Unless you want to work in Germany when you're older, German may be the better choice. Smile
Hanyuu
Hanyuu
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 1790
Birthday : 1983-10-13
Job/hobbies : College Student, Soccer, Drawing, Karaoking, Anime+Manga, Swimming
Registration date : 2009-07-25

http://hanyuu1983.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkNess Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:56 pm

I think German is a language you can always learn later on with language classes etc.

Latin will be very hard i think you can better pick it and if u feel the need to learn german later you can take a class in that Smile
DarkNess
DarkNess

Male Number of posts : 4591
Birthday : 1994-07-24
Job/hobbies : This is Serious.
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by hazik666 Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:21 pm

I have them both at my school

Latin is only needed if you want to be something to do with history like a Archeologist or Historian but some eople say you need it for a lawyer but you dont actually

German is easier to learn and its the language of trade and most europeans can speak it

So i would go for german if your going for a economic job
and Latin if your going to have anything to do with history

But if your not doing history do german
hazik666
hazik666
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 4838
Birthday : 0672-12-27
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by KoD Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:37 pm

DarkNess wrote:I think German is a language you can always learn later on with language classes etc.

Latin will be very hard i think you can better pick it and if u feel the need to learn german later you can take a class in that Smile

I would do it otherwise.

Since german is easier, and on school you have many classes you won't get to know latin 100% because other classes take effort to.

If you concentrate 2 months on learning latin only on a cours, you'll talk it way better than 2 years normal school
KoD
KoD
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Number of posts : 3513
Birthday : 1992-07-05
Job/hobbies : follow fat guys with a tuba
Registration date : 2009-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:54 am

I think im aiming towards german, all my friends will be doing it, and latin is just plainly translating huge walls of text, which i dont really have any use of.
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by kwaakt Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:17 am

Im studying dentistry and Ive never had latin cause I couldnt choose it on the HAVO (dutch's know what I mean). Ive did some staatsexamens(state-exams?) in Biology physics mathematics and chemistry tot enter the university. I dont have much problems with latin. Its just learning the right words. But I see people having advance of their latin. Just for the first halve year they have that advance. After that its the same for me. Because the language used in body is quite simple. All parts have names. and all parts passing other parts are combined in that name.
For example. Nervus Mandibularis. Its a nerve(nervus) that innervates the jaw(mandibula). This logic is found throughout the whole body. Ofcourse there are expections.

so latin isnt really needed to understand the body. It gives a little advance when you have it at the beginning. But for me it wasnt a real deal to learn the things in the body. Its just matter of repeat and repeat and repeat it.
kwaakt
kwaakt
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 959
Birthday : 1985-11-22
Registration date : 2009-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down