neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tutorial - Norrby Read This: How to have a picture below your messages a.k.a. signature

+7
Smile
Chillz
LuminCoB
Spx.
Norrby
Marksel
Graham
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tutorial - Norrby Read This: How to have a picture below your messages a.k.a. signature Empty Tutorial - Norrby Read This: How to have a picture below your messages a.k.a. signature

Post by Graham Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:44 pm

Hey Norrby I said that I would make you a tutorial well here it is. I understand that you want a picture underneath your messages, well I'm about to explain in detail how you do this.

Before we get started make sure the picture you want to use is saved to your desktop. Then rename the picture to 'norrby'. Once you have done that we're ready to begin.

Step 1 - Opening the 'post reply' page

Click on the 'post reply' link on top or below this post. Hold 'Ctrl' while you do it so that it opens in a new tab and you can still read the tutorial. The picture below shows how the 'post reply' looks:
Tutorial - Norrby Read This: How to have a picture below your messages a.k.a. signature I_reply

Step 2 - Opening the upload menu

Click once on the icon shown below.

Tutorial - Norrby Read This: How to have a picture below your messages a.k.a. signature 1_open10

Step 3 - the upload menu

Click on 'Choose File' as shown below.

Tutorial - Norrby Read This: How to have a picture below your messages a.k.a. signature 2_uplo10

Step 4 - Choosing the folder

Click on the arrow labelled 1 below. Then click on 'Desktop' labelled 2 below.

Tutorial - Norrby Read This: How to have a picture below your messages a.k.a. signature 3_choo10

Step 5 - Selecting your picture

Click on the file named 'norrby' labelled a below. Then click 'Open' labelled b below.

Tutorial - Norrby Read This: How to have a picture below your messages a.k.a. signature 4_open10

Step 6 - Uploading your picture

You can see it's your file. Then click on where it says below.

Tutorial - Norrby Read This: How to have a picture below your messages a.k.a. signature 5_your10

Step 7 - Copying the link

Click on 'Copy' labelled 1 below. Then right click on the highlighted text, and click on copy labelled 2 below.

Tutorial - Norrby Read This: How to have a picture below your messages a.k.a. signature 6_copy10

Step 8 - Getting to signature options

Click on profile labelled 1 below. Then click on signature labelled 2 below.

Tutorial - Norrby Read This: How to have a picture below your messages a.k.a. signature 7_prof10

Step 9 - Saving your picture

Right click in the box labelled 1 below. Then Click on paste labelled 2 as shown below. Then Click on save labelled 3 below.

Tutorial - Norrby Read This: How to have a picture below your messages a.k.a. signature 8_past10

Finished

You're a total nub but have now finished and should have it working...

Now I want to see your signature!

Congratulations.

Tutorial - Norrby Read This: How to have a picture below your messages a.k.a. signature 9_fini10

This took me about 10 minutes to make, and I quite enjoyed it so if you need any help on something just ask because I'm happy to help.

Last edited by Graham on Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:53 am; edited 3 times in total
Graham
Graham
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Male Number of posts : 365
Birthday : 1993-06-10
Job/hobbies : Design, Sport & Games!
Registration date : 2009-12-02

http://www.neonDragon.info

Back to top Go down

Tutorial - Norrby Read This: How to have a picture below your messages a.k.a. signature Empty Re: Tutorial - Norrby Read This: How to have a picture below your messages a.k.a. signature

Post by Marksel Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:46 pm

You forgot something:

After you've done this, go to Profile -> Preferances, and check on 'Always show my signature'
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 3979
Birthday : 1992-02-01
Job/hobbies : Owning you!
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Tutorial - Norrby Read This: How to have a picture below your messages a.k.a. signature Empty Re: Tutorial - Norrby Read This: How to have a picture below your messages a.k.a. signature

Post by Norrby Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:49 pm

Does it work?!? Lets see Very Happy
Norrby
Norrby

Male Number of posts : 185
Birthday : 0673-09-02
Registration date : 2010-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Graham Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:49 pm

Marksel wrote:You forgot something:

After you've done this, go to Profile -> Preferances, and check on 'Always show my signature'

No I purposely left that out. Those are the default settings when you register to the forum. You really think they have been messing with these options if they don't even know how to access them? Not really mate. Good luck with your signature nubbies!!! Wink
Graham
Graham
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Graham Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:51 pm

Norrby wrote:Does it work?!? Lets see Very Happy

WOW My first successfully pleased customer! Good job mate.
Graham
Graham
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Graham Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:52 pm

Good lucky everyone else entering into the big world of signatures!
Graham
Graham
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:55 pm

Graham wrote:
No I purposely left that out. Those are the default settings when you register to the forum. You really think they have been messing with these options if they don't even know how to access them? Not really mate. Good luck with your signature nubbies!!! Wink

No, this is disabled by default, or atleast it used to be.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spx. Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:00 pm

Norrby, your signature is too big, please make it smaller
Spx.
Spx.

Male Number of posts : 2072
Birthday : 1995-11-02
Job/hobbies : Skating mountainbiking, snowboarding, outdoor sports =)
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Graham Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:00 pm

Marksel wrote:
Graham wrote:

Please don't argue because you were wrong. Ok I accept that maybe use to be however it's not any more - clearly. Norrby didn't need it as I knew he wouldn't. Please get your facts right before saying things. And if anyone does need to know that, you wrote it - but they 99% of chance will not.

And for spx he knows:

Tutorial - Norrby Read This: How to have a picture below your messages a.k.a. signature 10_hap10

I just told him to change the size on steam after that.
Graham
Graham
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LuminCoB Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:43 pm

Graham wrote:
Marksel wrote:
Graham wrote:

Please don't argue because you were wrong. Ok I accept that maybe use to be however it's not any more - clearly. Norrby didn't need it as I knew he wouldn't. Please get your facts right before saying things. And if anyone does need to know that, you wrote it - but they 99% of chance will not.

And for spx he knows:

Tutorial - Norrby Read This: How to have a picture below your messages a.k.a. signature 10_hap10

Graham, don't try to be such an dick, 'cause you really suck at it..
You could've said it A BIT nicer than you just did. And as far as I know, the default are or atleast was disabled on "Always attach Signature".

And btw, on the last screenshot, you actually didn't answer his question if he should change the size of his signature, so you failed.. yet again..
LuminCoB
LuminCoB
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 521
Birthday : 1990-05-04
Job/hobbies : Student
Registration date : 2009-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Graham Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:58 pm

LuminCoB wrote:
Graham wrote:
Marksel wrote:
Graham wrote:

And for spx he knows:

Graham, don't try to be such an dick, 'cause you really suck at it..
You could've said it A BIT nicer than you just did. And as far as I know, the default are or atleast was disabled on "Always attach Signature".

And btw, on the last screenshot, you actually didn't answer his question if he should change the size of his signature, so you failed.. yet again..

Ok thank you for being so constructive.
Graham
Graham
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Chillz Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:54 am

I do not want to go offtópic.. but, wrong section? Razz I think it should be in Divers
Chillz
Chillz
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 2114
Birthday : 1995-10-16
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Graham Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:52 am

Chillz wrote:I do not want to go offtópic.. but, wrong section? Razz I think it should be in Divers

Ok why divers? Or do you mean drivers? If so why drivers? This is nothing to do with software, it's just some general forum help for nubs.
Graham
Graham
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Chillz Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:46 am

Graham wrote:
Chillz wrote:I do not want to go offtópic.. but, wrong section? Razz I think it should be in Divers

Ok why divers? Or do you mean drivers? If so why drivers? This is nothing to do with software, it's just some general forum help for nubs.
Wait, What?

" Divers"
"All the rest"
does , "how to attach a signature to your posts" belong to CS?....
Chillz
Chillz
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 2114
Birthday : 1995-10-16
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Graham Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:53 am

Chillz wrote:
Graham wrote:

Wait, What?

" Divers"
"All the rest"
does , "how to attach a signature to your posts" belong to CS?....

You did mean divers Razz Anyway back on topic, this is mutual help. So I made it in the right place man don't worry.
Graham
Graham
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:55 am

Graham wrote:
You did mean divers Razz Anyway back on topic, this is mutual help. So I made it in the right place man don't worry.

Please.. start reading the names of sections.

This is the Counter-Strike help section. This topic is not about Counter-Strike but about the forums, so it should go into the Divers section, as that is labelled as 'the rest goes here'
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Graham Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:00 am

Marksel wrote:
Graham wrote:

Please.. start reading the names of sections.

This is the Counter-Strike help section. This topic is not about Counter-Strike but about the forums, so it should go into the Divers section, as that is labelled as 'the rest goes here'

Start reading them? I already do, it said mutual help on this topic though - not on the other therefore I put it here. I really don't mind where it is although you must start to understand that I'm doing this for benefit of the nubs who want to learn... And felt it was easiest to find this tutorial here. Peace.
Graham
Graham
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spx. Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:25 pm

Moved.

- Wrong section (moved to "Divers").
Spx.
Spx.

Male Number of posts : 2072
Birthday : 1995-11-02
Job/hobbies : Skating mountainbiking, snowboarding, outdoor sports =)
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Smile Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:35 pm

end

Last edited by smileftw on Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:42 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited by 'Spx. 2nd smile)
Smile
Smile

Male Number of posts : 1829
Birthday : 1992-08-07
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Fagnatic Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:21 pm

you guys know that gamerone made this to help some.. why is everyone being so mean?
Fagnatic
Fagnatic

Male Number of posts : 2699
Birthday : 1994-02-25
Registration date : 2010-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by LongD Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:24 pm

Have you read how he responded to the others..No suprise they would response like this..
LongD
LongD
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 1208
Birthday : 1995-11-24
Job/hobbies : Sprite animating,youtube,Manga,Anime,listening to music,being laze then and then,picking on my brother
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by LuminCoB Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:32 pm

Gamerone, if you don't change the way you act towards other members/regulars here I will take actions which you probably won't like..

How you respond back is something which I don't find acceptable.

Anyways.. Sorry for going offtopic but and forum modder can delete this post as soon as you've read it.
LuminCoB
LuminCoB
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Graham Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:01 am

LuminCoB wrote:Gamerone, if you don't change the way you act towards other members/regulars here I will take actions which you probably won't like..

How you respond back is something which I don't find acceptable.

Anyways.. Sorry for going offtopic but and forum modder can delete this post as soon as you've read it.

Those are just words it doesn't mean anything.

To make sense you have to say actions, for example:
Bad - You were mean. (How???)
Good - You were mean by calling me a dick. (Makes Sense)

What you said:
Bad - change the way you act (Explain in private as I say later in this post)

Try asking people how they feel before jumping to conclusions about me. Red Phoenix is right it's you who shouldn't be mean, I have been respectfully clear, unlike you no insults were made. This kind of work should be motivated for people to do it since I'm helping people here. Please contact me in private if you have any further issues with me, to avoid further off topic comments.
Graham
Graham
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LuminCoB Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:47 am

To motivate others to help?
What you're currently motivating is to be an arse who just said that you posted in the wrong section, the create a new topic in the wrong section and trying to be an smartass..
Yes, sure you have helped alot with this tutorial, but that doesn't mean you have to act like an donkeyface towards those who's trying to help/correct your lackings or whatever to call it..
LuminCoB
LuminCoB
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnold Schwarzenegger Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:27 pm

Get over it.. damn geeks

Tutorial - Norrby Read This: How to have a picture below your messages a.k.a. signature Arguin13
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Arnold Schwarzenegger

Male Number of posts : 1340
Birthday : 1990-07-14
Job/hobbies : Building Computer Systems,Boxing,Fitness,Playing Videogames
Registration date : 2009-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next