neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bug you have to look at

+2
QuickSilver
KoD
6 posters

Go down

Bug you have to look at Empty Bug you have to look at

Post by KoD Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:12 am

http://www.mediafire.com/?gydmhwzyoay

http://www.mediafire.com/?jyibz1yghla

I still know this bug from the old Neondragon deathmatch server [ the one Tiny loves ;> ]
Over there the bug was; if you pressed F5 alot of times so it makes you lagg, if you die you turn spec.

But here it just happens on accident. I'll explain:

You die and turn spec, you appear to be alive... You can choose a weapon and on that way you can just shoot everyone...
[ Sorry for abusing it in the demo btw, it was for the demo X_x' ]

My idea's:

Fix the spec bug somehow.. If this doesn't work:

- Put all-spec off, so you can only spec your own team... This way you can't abuse the bug
- Make a way to kill yourself, becuz if your in the bug you cannot kill yourself, that sux because you have to re-connect wich means losing all your score and money,.
KoD
KoD
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Number of posts : 3513
Birthday : 1992-07-05
Job/hobbies : follow fat guys with a tuba
Registration date : 2009-08-23

Back to top Go down

Bug you have to look at Empty Re: Bug you have to look at

Post by QuickSilver Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:34 am

I'll consider this the suggestion for sentry mod. I have 2:

1) A /stuck function, as sometimes you get stuck in your own mine/sentry.
2) Really random spawns, as it seems like it's going in a certain order now, iso completely random.

(3) We need more maps with flags, currently I think only dust1&2 + train are with flags, but train doesn't have random spawns).
Also, maybe a rank system would be fun.

Last edited by QuickSilver on Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
QuickSilver
QuickSilver
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2691
Birthday : 1957-02-06
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Xalus Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:41 am

1. Try this: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=51409&highlight=unstuck
2. nD Servers can't run deathmatch, so also not Random spawns (becuase its in it)
Xalus
Xalus

Number of posts : 204
Birthday : 1995-04-26
Registration date : 2009-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiny Dancer Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:14 am

The speedbug and the hitbox really must be fixed. Right now the server is pretty much unplayable when it's close to full. It's no fun at all...
Tiny Dancer
Tiny Dancer
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 1099
Birthday : 1990-05-20
Job/hobbies : Planning the perfect murder
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Fagnatic Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:21 am

Tiny Dancer wrote:The speedbug and the hitbox really must be fixed. Right now the server is pretty much unplayable when it's close to full. It's no fun at all...

yes PLEASE
Fagnatic
Fagnatic

Male Number of posts : 2699
Birthday : 1994-02-25
Registration date : 2010-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by K!ng Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:40 am

Speed-bug? Never seen it. Hitbox-bug? Mwah, not so much of a problem, it's still fun.

What isn't fun however, it the MAJOR flag-bugs! It seems so often to appear lately and it makes everyone leaves the server. This is probably one of the biggest reasons why SentrMod is still relative empty.

Or it should be fixed somehow. Or, if the first solution isn't an option, there should be a member 20/7 (4 hours of sleep Razz) present (in the server or available). This member should have the power to change maps immediately to restart the server and fix the bug (maybe giving such members the power to change to only 1 specific and normal map, so there won't be any abuse).
I know Kwaakt is doing is best and he's doing awesome, but I think there are more members needed on SentryMod (and maybe less on other servers, like JailBreak).
There are many members yes, but they don't play and moderate SentryMod that often. Only now and then I see another member besides Kwaakt (and besides the admins).

Well, back to the main point of this post: the flags-bug should be fixed as soon as possible, please! It will upgrade the server significantly!

Thanks!

K!ng

Male Number of posts : 175
Birthday : 1988-04-17
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum