neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

combining games

+6
Fagnatic
nase
Pukata
x-regit-x
Kempa
oempaloempa
10 posters

Go down

combining games Empty combining games

Post by oempaloempa Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:58 pm

so regit, 2click, samstein, nino and i were having a discussion about combining games. Is the rule like: you cannot combine any 2 games with each other or is it only for some games specific ones, or (as i thought) is it only with smith/simon says combination?
oempaloempa
oempaloempa

Male Number of posts : 287
Birthday : 1994-10-10
Job/hobbies : playing games/unemployed/school
Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

combining games Empty Re: combining games

Post by Kempa Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:04 pm

I think it's only simon says combines, etc simon says combined with last reaction.. Maybe I'm wrong, correct me if I'am Smile

Kempa

Male Number of posts : 2972
Birthday : 2008-11-09
Job/hobbies : Forum Hater.
Registration date : 2009-11-14

http://www.bowlers.se

Back to top Go down

Post by x-regit-x Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:13 pm

That was the outcome of a vote in a meeting.
Mati wrote:4) Should it be allowed to play games together with simon says (e.g. playing simon says combined with last reaction)? No, because games inside games shouldn't be possible.
(http://neondragon.forumotion.co.uk/-f5/-t4017.htm)

Simon says is only an example. It goes for all games. See the last Sentence: Games inside games shouldn''t be possible.
That is why i think it goes for all games.
See also this quote from the meeting:
Pukata <3: but now we voted
Pukata <3: u cant play a game inside a game
Pukata <3: think its clear now
(http://privatepaste.com/24272f2c8e)

That is why i think it goes for all games

edit:
wow, i have such a clear point, that i wrote it twice Very Happy

Last edited by x-regit-x on Mon May 03, 2010 1:36 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : made an ineresting discovery^^)

x-regit-x
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 684
Birthday : 1992-08-21
Job/hobbies : Soaring (hobby)
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by oempaloempa Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:29 am

x-regit-x wrote:That was the outcome of a vote in a meeting.
Mati wrote:4) Should it be allowed to play games together with simon says (e.g. playing simon says combined with last reaction)? No, because games inside games shouldn't be possible.

Simon says is only an example. It goes for all games. See the last Sentence: Games inside games shouldn''t be possible.

Playing a game inside a game is diffrent then combining games.
if you use simon says to play a race it´s a game inside a game. but if you combine first reaction with last reaction it's simply a combination of games.
oempaloempa
oempaloempa

Back to top Go down

Post by Pukata Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:36 am

oempaloempa wrote:
x-regit-x wrote:That was the outcome of a vote in a meeting.

Playing a game inside a game is diffrent then combining games.
if you use simon says to play a race it´s a game inside a game. but if you combine first reaction with last reaction it's simply a combination of games.

From what mati told me this only counts for simon says or games like simon says, example smith says. This was made to avoid constant simon says.
U can combine first reaction with last reaction, its the same when i play last reaction in the table game. So it only counts for games like simon says.

Taken from the meeting:
Mati: ##### VOTE: Should it be allowed to play games together with simon says (e.g. playing simon says combined with last reaction) #####

A: Yes, that should be allowed
B: No, that shouldn't be allowed
C: Only when it get's started as a seperate, reasonable game ("evil simon says")

And most voted B

Pukata
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1872
Birthday : 1993-07-21
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by nase Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:15 am

I asked Mati some days ago and he said its only for Simon/Smith says to prevent playing it too much.
nase
nase
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 1177
Birthday : 1993-07-01
Registration date : 2009-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by x-regit-x Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:23 am

Ok, now it's clear for me. Thank you for clearing me (and others) up^^

x-regit-x
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fagnatic Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:46 am

oh , i have another question wich follows this one,

so , My favourite jailbreak trick is this:
(its a simon game)

mmkay were going to play a confusion game , that means ..etc.. and then i say , Simon says Jump! and i kill everyone whos crouching, is this allowed as it is a trick or...?
Fagnatic
Fagnatic

Male Number of posts : 2699
Birthday : 1994-02-25
Registration date : 2010-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:04 am

I don't see why it shouldn't be.
You are not combing any games, it's simular to saying last reaction jump while playing simon says, it's simply a trick.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 3979
Birthday : 1992-02-01
Job/hobbies : Owning you!
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by oempaloempa Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:24 am

Now that my question's been answered i have another one:

Why can't we combine games with Simon- Smith says? What good use is it for ANYONE to not being able to combine those games? I really don't see the point in it as rules should mainly be there to keep order. Not to forbid games, which is nothing wrong with. really did you members/admins even think when you voted for the not combining simon- smith says with any other game, if so i'd like to hear why you voted for this.
oempaloempa
oempaloempa

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:31 am

This is because in the past, everything was played in combination with simon says, every single thing.
Simon says was being abused too much so they could easily kill off T's without warning.

Also, combining it with simon says screws over the essence of the game you combine it with. For example: Last reaction, the point of last reaction is that the last one to react dies, not the first one to get tricked.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 3979
Birthday : 1992-02-01
Job/hobbies : Owning you!
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by x-regit-x Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:49 am

You still can see where this got us. Very often when a commander starts a new game, he says: "On my deagle shot, you can start". Then he says: "Go!" in the mic and/or shoots with another weapon. (I still think the ones who got tricked by this fake start shouldn't get killed, only warned. Because that is mostly not the intention of the game to trick people with a fake start.)

If you don't believe, we discussed and thought about it, here is the log of the meeting: http://privatepaste.com/24272f2c8e (We also talked about lots of other things. The discussion about simon says is part of the first half i think.)

Marksel wrote:Also, combining it with simon says screws over the essence of the game you combine it with. For example: Last reaction, the point of last reaction is that the last one to react dies, not the first one to get tricked.
They are still tricking in last reaction, by combining it with first reaction. This has totally no use. It only makes the rounds longer, because hardly anybody fails this trick.

x-regit-x
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by oempaloempa Sat May 01, 2010 6:56 am

x-regit-x wrote:You still can see where this got us. Very often when a commander starts a new game, he says: "On my deagle shot, you can start". Then he says: "Go!" in the mic and/or shoots with another weapon. (I still think the ones who got tricked by this fake start shouldn't get killed, only warned. Because that is mostly not the intention of the game to trick people with a fake start.)

If you don't believe, we discussed and thought about it, here is the log of the meeting: http://privatepaste.com/24272f2c8e (We also talked about lots of other things. The discussion about simon says is part of the first half i think.)

Marksel wrote:Also, combining it with simon says screws over the essence of the game you combine it with. For example: Last reaction, the point of last reaction is that the last one to react dies, not the first one to get tricked.
They are still tricking in last reaction, by combining it with first reaction. This has totally no use. It only makes the rounds longer, because hardly anybody fails this trick.

only 7/17 people voted? maybe recall a vote on this when there's more members? :\
oempaloempa
oempaloempa

Back to top Go down

Post by hazik666 Sat May 01, 2010 7:10 am

combing games was removed mainly because people done it in simon says

Like Simon Says "Last reaction crouch" got confusing for so many people and that command was used alot, But im sure things like races should be allowed
hazik666
hazik666
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 4838
Birthday : 0672-12-27
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Sun May 02, 2010 7:57 am

Combining is only forbidden together with simon says. The new jail guide will be released on wednesday, it's clear inside there then, as well as most of the other questions.
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 876
Birthday : 1991-06-02
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by LTUMax JB Mon May 03, 2010 1:15 pm

Fake Starts-> "We're having a race start on MY Deagle Shot and NO1 Elses" Then say in MIC " GO" (without shooting Deagle) = Valid Trick To Kill?

Explanation-> The T CLEARLY Cheats to try to start the race BEFORE any1 else, and he tries to win the race UNFAIRLY.............

It's always been like that (i think)? and i ALWAYS do it with races or other crap, e.g. lava Day or Football or race or watever :p

LTUMax JB

Number of posts : 65
Birthday : 1992-01-05
Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by x-regit-x Mon May 03, 2010 1:29 pm

LTUMax JB wrote:Fake Starts-> "We're having a race start on MY Deagle Shot and NO1 Elses" Then say in MIC " GO" (without shooting Deagle) = Valid Trick To Kill?

Explanation-> The T CLEARLY Cheats to try to start the race BEFORE any1 else, and he tries to win the race UNFAIRLY.............

It's always been like that (i think)? and i ALWAYS do it with races or other crap, e.g. lava Day or Football or race or watever :p
You can not see it like that. The Terrorist does NOT cheat on purpose to win the race unfairly. He tries to do a fair race. But because of commanders who tries to trick people all the time, they start too early.
Once again, in my opinion they should only get warned, not killed. You should give them the possibility to do a fair race without tricking.

I do not understand why you always have to trick them. Why can't you just do it normal. Why always fake starts. Because you get more kills with it? This is still as you would play simon says. This can't be fun anymore.

x-regit-x
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LTUMax JB Thu May 06, 2010 1:59 pm

I always trick, people should know it Very Happy if they dont, then they should be quick-witted. If they are a bit slow (im not taking the piss lol) and move forward, a REASONABLE amount, i kill them Razz if they literally take 1-2 steps and move back, then i usually dont kill them..... The Greedy FragWhores kill those, and then i have to apologize to them for some other CT killing them :p

LTUMax JB

Number of posts : 65
Birthday : 1992-01-05
Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down