neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The mass disconnect/server crash problem

+3
Florent
Marksel
hazik666
7 posters

Go down

The mass disconnect/server crash problem Empty The mass disconnect/server crash problem

Post by hazik666 Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:26 pm

So most people have experienced all this stuff and i think i may have found out what is causing it
But il explain how this is happening

Server Crash:
The server crash on the server only happens when the map changes so that did start making me suspect something to do with that plugin or the map that it changes to is causing this, But thinking of it i dont think it is either, When the server changes to a new map it loads the .bsp and any additional files for it (sounds etc), When the server loads theese files it is over loaded (used to much memory) and crashes. So the reason of the server crash is low on memory. Could be fixed by neon if he got more memory installed or ram but im not sure how much it costs (so buying VIP will basically fix that)

Mass Disconnect:
This is the one which pisses players of most, It mostly happens around the start of the map and then fades away. If it is around the middle/end of game the reason is svc_bad mainly caused on neonDragon servers by svc_sound. This is a theory of what i think is happening, When the round loads you always here a sound could be you pulling out knife etc... But theese sounds are all getting started at the same time causing alot of memory be taking up (memory doesnt solve this one but i could get a better word) and it causes a overload on the server, When the server is overloaded it needs to get rid of memory usage (players in-game) and then it disconnects the reason some players are left is mainly because they have good internet and dont lag and use up the least memory. That is my theory of what is happening correct me if im wrong. But some disconnects could be fixed by the server allowing all the svc_sound to be delayed a bit after each other so it doesnt overload the servers memory capacity. This plugin could help the server stop doing alot disconnects and we can get some of our players back http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=31361

Hopefully this can help out alot and get us more players

d4z0
hazik666
hazik666
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 4838
Birthday : 0672-12-27
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

The mass disconnect/server crash problem Empty Re: The mass disconnect/server crash problem

Post by Marksel Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:01 am

@ server crash theory:
We knew this was the problem for about 6 months now o.O

@ svc_bad theory:
completely off.
People get disconnected regardless of how many people are on the server, I got disconnected at 4am in the morning on ba_tamama with 6 people on the server before, which is not possibly a memory issue.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 3979
Birthday : 1992-02-01
Job/hobbies : Owning you!
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

The mass disconnect/server crash problem Empty Re: The mass disconnect/server crash problem

Post by Florent Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:13 am

d4zO:
I´ve noticed one more thing.

When a new map starts, and theres like 11-15 CTs, then people gets kicked, I started to suspect that its an automaticly kick because there are only going to be 8-9 CTs so It randomly kicks some CTs.
Florent
Florent

Male Number of posts : 424
Birthday : 1993-05-23
Job/hobbies : Haunting humans
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:36 am

start of map always starts with a phew kicks (svc_bad), from both T and CT team.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 3979
Birthday : 1992-02-01
Job/hobbies : Owning you!
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by hazik666 Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:05 am

Marksel wrote:@ server crash theory:
We knew this was the problem for about 6 months now o.O

@ svc_bad theory:
completely off.
People get disconnected regardless of how many people are on the server, I got disconnected at 4am in the morning on ba_tamama with 6 people on the server before, which is not possibly a memory issue.

@Server Crash:
Im explaining to the players on that one for the players

@svc_bad
That was a theory but i think its because the server is getting overflowed by sound and if you look in the console you will see there is alot of svc_sound and that could be the amount of players? Either way that plugin helps on it if you look at the topic people have posted that there server hasnt had a svc_bad since they added it
hazik666
hazik666
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LaFA Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:07 am

all svc_bad errors - u can fix by Dproto 0.4.8
LaFA
LaFA

Male Number of posts : 18
Birthday : 1992-02-17
Registration date : 2010-06-13

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/77.220.186.17:27792/

Back to top Go down

Post by Emziek Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:33 am

LaFA wrote:all svc_bad errors - u can fix by Dproto 0.4.8
Nice bump? the crashes are already fixed... (I think...)
Emziek
Emziek

Male Number of posts : 1027
Birthday : 1996-04-18
Job/hobbies : laughing
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:36 am

@LaFa: That was added 3 weeks ago, and should be fixed.
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 876
Birthday : 1991-06-02
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by LaFA Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:36 am

I said about dproto to NeonDragon and he fix it
LaFA
LaFA

Male Number of posts : 18
Birthday : 1992-02-17
Registration date : 2010-06-13

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/77.220.186.17:27792/

Back to top Go down

Post by SultaN Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:55 am

Yea, they are already fixxed.
And ur making an advertisement in your signature.. remove? or it this allowed?
SultaN
SultaN
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 1732
Birthday : 1993-01-16
Job/hobbies : Basketball, Soccer, Gaming
Registration date : 2010-04-02

http://www.dutch-gs.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by hazik666 Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:01 am

Closed.

Problems are fixed.

Also he has been pmed.
hazik666
hazik666
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down