neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Katanagatari

3 posters

Go down

Katanagatari Empty Katanagatari

Post by Samstein Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:02 pm

Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Martial Arts, Seinen, Swordplay

Episodes: Currently Airing, 1st ep is already released. Next episode releases: Feb 8:th, March 8:th, 1hr episodes. 12total.

Plot: A long time ago when wars ravaged, there was a legendary swordsmith by the name Shikizaki Kiki who made 1000 swords in his career. It turned out that the more swords a state had, the greater success they had in the wars. When the Shogun emerged victorious, he collected 988 of the swords...But those were just practice, the final twelve swords were the pinnacle of the swordsmiths career. Each of them has powers so extraordinary, one man could defeat small armies. The Shogun could track down the swords but no matter how many armies he sent to retrieve the swords, they were all defeated.

Years passed and the Shogun still hasn't collected the last 12 swords.

Katanagatari Shichika is the young seventh head of a family who mastered the Kyoto-ryu ("swordless style") of Japanese sword martial arts. He and his sister live on an island cut off from civilization. One day, a girl named Togame arrives on the island with a favor to ask from Shichika. Togame tells him that she is on a mission to find and collect the final twelve swords and she needs his help.

Summary: this is a really great story, I like the animation and the dialouge. It's too bad that it's only 1 episode each month :/ but who can resist to watch when a hillbilly goes and conquers the world?! Very Happy
Samstein
Samstein

Male Number of posts : 286
Birthday : 1988-06-07
Job/hobbies : Construction Worker, Games, GYM, Party
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down

Katanagatari Empty Re: Katanagatari

Post by LongD Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:42 pm

After i read the topic just had to check the trailer out and hot damn it seems good gonna watch it tomorow after school ^^
LongD
LongD
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 1208
Birthday : 1995-11-24
Job/hobbies : Sprite animating,youtube,Manga,Anime,listening to music,being laze then and then,picking on my brother
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanyuu Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:56 pm

I think I'll just wait until all episodes are aired... >_< At that rate, I'd be too distracted to focus on school work :]
Hanyuu
Hanyuu
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 1790
Birthday : 1983-10-13
Job/hobbies : College Student, Soccer, Drawing, Karaoking, Anime+Manga, Swimming
Registration date : 2009-07-25

http://hanyuu1983.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum