neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

replace models

3 posters

Go down

replace models Empty replace models

Post by Satoko Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:07 pm

well for the non zp servers of nD you could use the condition zero models instead just make player folders with gsg9_cz or so because they look better then the 1.6 models. the zp servers get the s.t.a.r.s models.

if koyumu or an other admin don't have cz then i will do upload the cz player models.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LLQAHEEI this download contains the possibility to install some models and sound etc. models would be player models, weapon models (can be chosen what will install) so you guys could try the cz models (some from cz ds) because this was made for cs 1.6 so it should work fine and it really looks better (the usp from cz ds is nice). Smile

if there is ritual models and turtle rock models you should take ritual because i don't know if in the turtle rock models is something different to the normal cs 1.6/cz.
Satoko
Satoko

Male Number of posts : 1690
Birthday : 1988-02-29
Registration date : 2009-04-11

Back to top Go down

replace models Empty Re: replace models

Post by princess Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:47 pm

if you want those models install them client side, you can do it yourself and it doesnt need to be placed on the server making download time longer.

princess

Number of posts : 68
Birthday : 1992-03-12
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoko Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:55 pm

i've tought about it but having it on server side is better because it sucks to rename the standard ones and put some else at it and i think it will be better this way. but thats the decission of koyumu or/and neondragon so we will see what will happens.
Satoko
Satoko

Back to top Go down

Post by princess Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:01 pm

having it server side isnt better, if people want those models than can easily install it client side and there wont be a problem. adding the models will increase download time and i dont think most people are that bothered anyway. it will deter people from joining the server if they have to wait to download a stupid model which doesnt need to be put on if it can be installed client side.

princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoko Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:07 pm

it don't takes that long to download a mdl and you only load it once so this hate waiting ppl shouldn't cry but let it load and doing something else in this few minutes there is no big deal for loading some models and well as far as i know koyumu liked the idea or the models and will surelly put them in when he think its good/ok. i guess i don't have to explain more because i've only have the idea to use them on nD because zombie plague based on resident evil so resident evil as human models is mostly the best you can use for if ppl don't like it then they can do what you said and can rename the random models to it, iam sure they won't be a problem but lets see when it will be on the server.
Satoko
Satoko

Back to top Go down

Post by princess Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:17 pm

to be honest when i join a server with loads of crap to download i normally give up and join a different one with the same map, if you want it so bad you can still install it client side cant you?

princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Satoko Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:33 pm

i won't do that and not everyone thinks like you okay? so let it how it is, it's not your decision if they will be used or not.
Satoko
Satoko

Back to top Go down

Post by princess Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:02 pm

im just saying my opinions, i dont know why youre trying to get it on server when you could of already put it client side if you wanted to i just dont see the point personally thats all

princess

Back to top Go down

Post by CryViuM Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:52 am

I'll have to agree with princess, wasting time and web traffic on something that could be done locally it's just rather dumb (I'm not flaming anyone Wink ).

Remember that is not just the client that gets affected (waiting and everything) also the server has to open some connections and send the models to the player while the other connections to the ones that already are playing in the server slow down.

Remember to think outside the box Wink
CryViuM
CryViuM

Male Number of posts : 6
Birthday : 1989-07-10
Job/hobbies : Study ftw (NOT)
Registration date : 2009-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down