neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lying as Officer (e.g. when Prisoners are hiding)

+4
hazik666
Agent Smith
maGeNN
x-regit-x
8 posters

Go down

Lying as Officer (e.g. when Prisoners are hiding) Empty Lying as Officer (e.g. when Prisoners are hiding)

Post by x-regit-x Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:18 pm

I didn't find an clear answer for this:
When for example one Terrorists is hiding somewhere, but he is one of two last Terrorists. The other Terrorist survived by being fastest in Last reaction and don't fail in Simon says or something else where he stayed alive by being better than everyone else.
Now a Counter-Terrorist says to the hiding Terrorist that when he would came out of his hiding place now, they will let him survive. So the other Terrorist comes out of his hiding place and then the Counter-Terrorist says that he lied and kills the escaped Terrorist (because he escaped).

I saw this sometimes now, but in my opinion it should be forbidden. They just shouldn't lie. If officers simply lie in such cases, the prisoners won't follow those orders in future, because they never know whether the CT really want to let them alive, or not. Also i hardly believe anyone would allow it if a CT says that a prisoner could attack him and he won't kill the T then, and if he was attacked simply says 'I lied' and kill the prisoner.

Is there a rule about it which i just didn't find? What is your opinion about this?

x-regit-x
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 684
Birthday : 1992-08-21
Job/hobbies : Soaring (hobby)
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Lying as Officer (e.g. when Prisoners are hiding) Empty Re: Lying as Officer (e.g. when Prisoners are hiding)

Post by maGeNN Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:37 pm

this thing should be forbidden because it's like unfair Sad

but the many times when this such of things happends it's 0:00 and then one member just slay the T in vent or somewhere else.

I had a problem with this thing.It was like this.One terrorist went in the vent and the rest of the CT's and T's played some games(simon says/last reaction) and then the Terrorist in the vent asked the commander if he could get out without killing him! AT the game was one T left and the one in the vent.The commander said that he could get out of the vent without killing him.Then the CT made a spray contest and the T that played the all games failed at the spray and he was killed(this thing wasn't far for the T that played the games)
then the next round i went in the vent to see if they do the same thing.And when it was like 0:05 i asked if i could get out.And they(CT's) said no.I went out to see if they would kill me and yes they killed me

this thing is unfair and it's special treatment

i think that it could be good if the admins can make a rule with the lie thing and with this special treatment!

P.S:hope that you understand Very Happy
maGeNN
maGeNN

Male Number of posts : 431
Birthday : 1993-09-13
Job/hobbies : soccer,cs and paintball:X
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Lying as Officer (e.g. when Prisoners are hiding) Empty Re: Lying as Officer (e.g. when Prisoners are hiding)

Post by Agent Smith Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:07 am

some officers make use of lies to lure people out of the vent for example, and he was vent camping during the whole round and that would be a bit unfair for the other people who did participate in the game.
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Male Number of posts : 2308
Birthday : 1995-04-29
Registration date : 2009-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by hazik666 Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:07 am

No you are allowed to lure them out saying we wont kill you but you have to kill them or its special treatment and if the cts allow him to play you have to slay the whole of the ct team
hazik666
hazik666
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 4838
Birthday : 0672-12-27
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Necro Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:56 am

It's only a fake for me...
Anyway if you go hide in the beginning of the round and your still alive when only left one T you will die anyway or it would be special treatment.
I never say them to get out, I say "if you come out you'll get a candy/lolypop" or I say the alive T to show me where is the other one.
Necro
Necro
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Male Number of posts : 3892
Birthday : 1924-02-27
Job/hobbies : Aww men I am a sciences freak!!
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:51 am

I use this 'trick' to save time only. if a T has been hiding for 4min or so, why would he live? telling them to come out with such a lie will save us about 2min of searching.
There is a differance though, between tricking a rebeler into death, and tricking an innocent T to rebel and then kill.
I think asking a T to attack you is simular to gunfeeding, you give them a reason to get killed
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 3979
Birthday : 1992-02-01
Job/hobbies : Owning you!
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by x-regit-x Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:31 am

Yeah, the second example is propably forbidden by already existing rules. Also the rule that Officers are not allowed to provoke Prisoners could be used for this case.
If some CT lie (kill them) and others not (let them alive), you could also see that as special treatment.

I just would like to have a clear rule about this, so we can say it's forbidden to lie, or it is forbidden to let them alive after rebel (if he is not last T), or CT can either do one of those things or something other.

x-regit-x
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 684
Birthday : 1992-08-21
Job/hobbies : Soaring (hobby)
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Smile Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:34 am

x-regit-x wrote:Yeah, the second example is propably forbidden by already existing rules. Also the rule that Officers are not allowed to provoke Prisoners could be used for this case.
If some CT lie (kill them) and others not (let them alive), you could also see that as special treatment.

I just would like to have a clear rule about this, so we can say it's forbidden to lie, or it is forbidden to let them alive after rebel (if he is not last T), or CT can either do one of those things or something other.

I didnt know people still do this o.O , I often do with the last surviver , can you show us to the last guy? simple.
Smile
Smile

Male Number of posts : 1829
Birthday : 1992-08-07
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:01 pm

You are right, this situation isn't clear. But I think lying in general should be forbidden, a CT isn't supposed to give false statements at all. It's also not possible to say "first five people doing X survive", and then "HA! I lied.", and kill the first people then. Lieing as CT is just something which shouldn't be possible.

But by the way, you do not have to lie to use this trick. Just say "I won't kill you when you come out withing the next seconds", and then let another CT kill him.

I often do with the last surviver , can you show us to the last guy? simple.
In my opinion thats ghosting, and I started wondering a bit why that is possible.
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 876
Birthday : 1991-06-02
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:17 pm

Mati wrote:
I often do with the last surviver , can you show us to the last guy? simple.
In my opinion thats ghosting, and I started wondering a bit why that is possible.

I honestly don't see how this is ghosting in any way. you ask the ALIVE T, to tell you where the escaper is.
The T is alive, so he can do whatever he want, after all, he is a T and has no such rules to follow. If he wants to he can refuse, if he wants to he can trick them into death, if he wants to he can just be honest and show them the T to get his last request.
This is also pretty realistic, I think a terrorist wouldn't have much trouble getting others killed for his own good.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:31 pm

@Marksel: If someone is typing the location of a searched terrorist it is, but if someone is showing them by radar it isn't? In both cases the hidden T gets betraied by a teammate. Where do you see the essential difference there? Alive? So alive terrorist can ghost another one he knows on HnS? The fact that he is not typing? Where is the difference in that case?
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:35 pm

The differance is:

1. The terrorist is alive
2. The essence of ghosting is: advicing alive people while dead, dead people do not talk, alive people do.
3. If you want to show where another T is as T, i wish you good luck because you will be shot on sight o.O

It has nothing to do with typing or showing people, the point is: if you are dead, you are unable to advice anyone that is alive.
The reason ghosting is not allowed is not only because it shows people where others are, it is because it shows people where others are by someone that is 'out of the game' because he died.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:45 pm

Ok, I think you are right with your definition of ghosting, so telling others something as alive person isn't ghosting. But that also means, that an alive person can tell the CTs about the hiding places of others he saw on HnS. Also, note: I'm not really against the "show me the last T with your radar", I just wondered why this wasn't considered as ghosting as well.
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down