neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zombie Server Solving the Blocking Problem?

4 posters

Go down

Zombie Server Solving the Blocking Problem? Empty Zombie Server Solving the Blocking Problem?

Post by Hanyuu Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:14 pm

Hm, when I play on the nD zombie servers I notice that many times when there are no admins present, someone end up blocking the zombies from getting the other person further inside a vent or the like. It gets to be very annoying at times.
I remember playing on a zombie server that lets you go past other players by pressing and holding the used key. I don't know about the code, but it might be a problem since the parachute is binded with the use key as well.
Um, it's not only about infecting the human survivor, but at the beginning of each round, we have humans blocking other players from entering vents and the like as well.
I'm not sure if it will work, but it's just a suggestion. silent
Hanyuu
Hanyuu
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 1790
Birthday : 1983-10-13
Job/hobbies : College Student, Soccer, Drawing, Karaoking, Anime+Manga, Swimming
Registration date : 2009-07-25

http://hanyuu1983.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Zombie Server Solving the Blocking Problem? Empty Re: Zombie Server Solving the Blocking Problem?

Post by F0XX-3R Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:40 pm

I support this request.

It's called semiclip, and you can find various plugins featuring it on alliedmods.net
F0XX-3R
F0XX-3R

Male Number of posts : 2
Birthday : 1986-11-07
Job/hobbies : Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

http://www.epicana.com

Back to top Go down

Zombie Server Solving the Blocking Problem? Empty Re: Zombie Server Solving the Blocking Problem?

Post by Agito Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:03 pm

we have semiclip on deathrun.
there is just 1 problem...
when using semiclip the two or more players who are cliped cant be killed with normal methods. it would be impossible for the zombies to kill a ct than.
e.g. when 2 ct stuck in each other in a tube which would happen quiet often.
Agito
Agito
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 833
Birthday : 1988-11-28
Job/hobbies : drawing, playing games, animes, mangas and computer stuff
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanyuu Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:14 pm

Ah no, not like the one in deathrun. The other zombie server I used to play in doesn't turn the player to semi-invisible when crossing. It requires the press and hold of the used key to pass, otherwise the players will get stuck together. Hmm, I don't think I noticed a problem with the killing when I was playing there.
Hanyuu
Hanyuu
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Job/hobbies : College Student, Soccer, Drawing, Karaoking, Anime+Manga, Swimming

Back to top Go down

Post by Agito Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:37 pm

So it just turns players temporary into semiclip when the key is pressed. But when rethinking about the issue with the blockers. Wouldn't such player just stuck each other together and keep the button pressed(or just making a toggle for it <.<)?
So the blocking problem is gone but a new one would come. Or did i misunderstand how this plugin works?

Anyway a link to the plugin would help.
Thanks for the ideas.

Last edited by Agito on Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Agito
Agito
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 833
Birthday : 1988-11-28
Job/hobbies : drawing, playing games, animes, mangas and computer stuff
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanyuu Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:52 pm

Hmm I haven't noticed it.

Can I have a bit of time for this? I need to locate the IP for that server again and I'll PM it to you so you can try it out.

Does that sound good?
Hanyuu
Hanyuu
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hazik666 Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:04 pm

yes but just think on survivour the zombies could just walk through each other right to the survivour so no matter where he goes he is dead but a good thing for the blocking would be a camp meter just for t's if you get 100% you get slayed but 1% = like 1 sec in the same place
hazik666
hazik666
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 4838
Birthday : 0672-12-27
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanyuu Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:23 pm

Hmm now that you mention about the survivor, it's true, going to be easier for zombies to get the survivor. >_<
Then again, in the Nemesis round too, humans keep blocking each other x/

Bleh~ this idea brings new ones.

P.S. The camp meter also has it's cons. For example, one zombie blocks the others from reaching the human, all the other zombies begins to pile up at entrance. With the camp meter, the zombies end up blocking each other and causes the zombies stuck inside the closed area to get slayed too.

I did a google search on the name of the plugin, from what I had found it is called "No Block" I believe.
However, the information I have located thus far is only for source.
At the moment, I am asking my friend about it.
Hanyuu
Hanyuu
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hazik666 Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:38 pm

yes but the guy origanly blocking will die before them
hazik666
hazik666
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 4838
Birthday : 0672-12-27
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down