neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Explication for HnS-days

+15
Fagnatic
Marksel
Fanta
The Hater
QuickSilver
Coffeecake
zoNe~
Ike
BodyBuilder
hazik666
Sarah
swarley
Mati
Chillz
nase
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Explication for HnS-days Empty Explication for HnS-days

Post by nase Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:19 pm

Hey all,

Mati and I decided to make one point clear or rather to invent a new 'rule'. Maybe you've already noticed a weak point in the rules on HnS-days, in maps like Jailbreak204 and Arizona, where you can turn on/off the lights. Example: The hiding-time passed and all CTs move out of the gunroom and start searching. After some seconds, when the CTs are spread across the map, one or more terrorist/s start going into the gunroom and turn on the lights. Then many terrorists who are still hiding usually start spamming 'Turn the lights off again or you freekill'. Now the innovation:

When the lights get turned on by terrorist(or a counter-terrorist) the Hide-and-Seek-Day automatically ends and it is supposed to be a normal freeday from that moment on. The resulting freeday does not count as one of the three possible custom days each map. It is not possible to play a new HnS-day in the following rounds.

Feel free to post your thoughts and questions.
nase
nase
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 1177
Birthday : 1993-07-01
Registration date : 2009-12-13

Back to top Go down

Explication for HnS-days Empty Re: Explication for HnS-days

Post by Chillz Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:33 pm

Thats kinda lame imo, If you had 3 freedays, And then a Hns, A T starts going to the Gun room, Turn on the lights, then its a another freeday, and the maximum is 3?
And i guess not CT's will turn it on during it, but could be possible for noobs who doesnt know any rules,

Then im suggesting;

If the Lights goes on, CT's must announce that the lights is on and anyone needs to turn it off again, then the HNS day starts again.
And if any CT's is searching and killing when the lights is on, It may count as a freekill,
Otherwise if a CT stands still and sees a T is coming to him, he can kill him or ofcourse having a gun,

Otherwise if youre just going to have it as this,
Can it be strike-worthy?
Kick,Slay,T-Switch?
Chillz
Chillz
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 2114
Birthday : 1995-10-16
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:44 pm

Chillz wrote:If you had 3 freedays, And then a Hns, A T starts going to the Gun room, Turn on the lights, then its a another freeday, and the maximum is 3?
Nase wrote:The resulting freeday does not count as one of the three possible custom days each map.

Further explanation:

When the lights are turned on during HnS you can't really continue it... many hiding spots are revealed already, CTs get killed by trying to make the lights off again, etc.. I mean really, how can you continue the HnS under that circumstances? The CTs just have to take care of that they don't fail with what they do, and if the lights are turned on, they did fail.

CTs can get switched when they turn on the lights during HnS days because they are supposed to help their team and not to destroy rounds completely.

So all that is just a logical conclusion. How often already I found myself starring into the face of 1-2 CTs after the light got turned on in the main room of 204_jailbreak? And then the HnS should continue??
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 876
Birthday : 1991-06-02
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by swarley Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:01 pm

Lame idea: Lets think it like this;

8 Counter-Terrorist, 23 Terrorists:
The HnS starts, and at almost 0:30 there are 19 terrorists, 3 counter-terrorists dead.

Meaning that 4 Terorrists, 5 Counter-terrorist are alive, and the map is jail_204jailbreak;

"John" hides at the vent of the cafeteria.
"Mike" hides at the cell
"Vertification Problem" hides at the vent
"swarley" escapes to the gunroom opens the light and the last four pepole which has an decent spot and have waited this long so one terrorist can fuck everything up?
Seriously my idea should be just keep it how it is: If a terrorist rushes to gunroom just kill him why make a so big deal and make another freeday if you allready had 3 freedays ? as chillz sayd , + if its a freeday and its 0:30 - then at 0:00 you'll have to make a line / cage day again so 30secs freeday (nty!) and aswell think if your at the green lava at jail_204 or at the thingy near cells, you cant get out of those, someone have to shoot/you have to noclip/get slapped and not allways admins online tbh, but if u enter the green lava its your own responsibility if there are no admins/V.I.P pepole when its HnS.

And aswell, there would be a better idea if you can close the cells at jb_desert_v1, its really annoying ESPEcIALLY on the hNs, and there's also an bug on the /lr, for example "swarley has chosen to do a Shot for shot with "Im a NOOB", Im a NOOB gets kicked, and therefor you cant keep last request, this happend to me today at the HnS at the jb_desert_v1, you cant simply lr, it's a bug, you have ot kill someone else to remake /lr.. as this was something related to hNs, i thought i'd post my ideas of what u should do and what i think about the new "hNs freedays"

good luck ^^
swarley
swarley

Male Number of posts : 489
Birthday : 2007-07-06
Job/hobbies : Doing nothing
Registration date : 2010-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:20 pm

This idea isnt a good one caus then people that doesnt like hns can just run out and turn the light on and we will have a freeday?

This "rule, idea" isnt a good one it will just be booring sence hns is a fun day and if that will suddenly turn into a freeday caus of an idiot decided to turn the lights on.
Its better to just slay them or kick who ever turns the light on and if there isnt an admin or member so be it but dont turn the hns into a freeday...
Sarah
Sarah
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Female Number of posts : 242
Birthday : 1989-10-15
Registration date : 2010-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by nase Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:24 pm

Sarah wrote:This idea isnt a good one caus then people that doesnt like hns can just run out and turn the light on and we will have a freeday?
The CT-team just needs one CT who guards the gunroom or the vicinity around it for incomming terrorists. This would also solve the problem, that too many CTs die while trying to put off the lights again because there are Ts with guns in the gunroom. You have no chance to turn them off most of the time.
nase
nase
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 1177
Birthday : 1993-07-01
Registration date : 2009-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by swarley Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:31 pm

nase wrote:
Sarah wrote:This idea isnt a good one caus then people that doesnt like hns can just run out and turn the light on and we will have a freeday?
The CT-team just needs one CT who guards the gunroom or the vicinity around it for incomming terrorists. This would also solve the problem, that too many CTs die while trying to put off the lights again because there are Ts with guns in the gunroom. You have no chance to turn them off most of the time.

Bad idea, 8counter terrorist, 8 noobs "CTS teamchat: Whos going to guard the gunroom?" "You, noob!"
hNs is a fragkilling day no ct want to miss it, it's a funday lol.. who would voulenteer to do nothing? rofl
swarley
swarley

Male Number of posts : 489
Birthday : 2007-07-06
Job/hobbies : Doing nothing
Registration date : 2010-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by hazik666 Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:39 pm

nase wrote:

The original HnS day was thought from me/smith and what we had is all Ct's search with lights off, If there turned off the Cts got to the gunroom and kill the T that is in there, And some maps its impossible to get into the gunroom as T, Just leave it as it is and dont wreck another game in Jail...
hazik666
hazik666
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 4838
Birthday : 0672-12-27
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:20 pm

swarley wrote:[...]
"swarley" escapes to the gunroom opens the light and the last four pepole which has an decent spot and have waited this long so one terrorist can fuck everything up?
Yes, one terrorist can fuck everything up. In every round. In any game. And the CTs try to prevent that. Or you seriously want to continue, when the light was already on for a minute and hiding spots might got revealed already?
Seriously my idea should be just keep it how it is: If a terrorist rushes to gunroom just kill him
Yes, that's what a CT should do in HnS. Before he turns on the lights.
if its a freeday and its 0:30 - then at 0:00 you'll have to make a line / cage day again
They can, but they don't have to.
if your at the green lava at jail_204 or at the thingy near cells, you cant get out of those, someone have to shoot/you have to noclip/get slapped and not allways admins online tbh, but if u enter the green lava its your own responsibility if there are no admins/V.I.P pepole when its HnS
I don't get your point on this, they are many areas on maps where you are "stuck" and can't get back. That's not really HnS-related now.
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BodyBuilder Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:09 pm

In my oppinion it would be a better idea to just restrict turning the lights off completely, for CTs and for Ts.

Furthermore when I'm playing jailbreak I always make sure the CT's head in the direction of the gunroom to turn off the lights when a T turned it on. Usually there are no problems in that.
So another suggestion would be, to restrict searching for Ts while the lights are turned off, forcing the remaining CTs to head to the gunroom with the mission of turning the lights off again so they can continue the hns. Killing found T's counts as freekills unless ofcourse they come too close when warned, have weapons etc. etc.
BodyBuilder
BodyBuilder
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 593
Birthday : 1990-12-29
Registration date : 2010-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Ike Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:11 am

East Clubber wrote:In my oppinion it would be a better idea to just restrict turning the lights off completely, for CTs and for Ts.

Furthermore when I'm playing jailbreak I always make sure the CT's head in the direction of the gunroom to turn off the lights when a T turned it on. Usually there are no problems in that.
So another suggestion would be, to restrict searching for Ts while the lights are turned off, forcing the remaining CTs to head to the gunroom with the mission of turning the lights off again so they can continue the hns. Killing found T's counts as freekills unless ofcourse they come too close when warned, have weapons etc. etc.

This is in my opinion a good way to solve it. You get punished by kick, slay and in worts case ban if you turn on the lights. It is same thing as a t goes mic spamming and destroys a cageday because they cant command with him screaming.

Ike

Number of posts : 200
Birthday : 1998-08-26
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by zoNe~ Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:00 am

East Clubber wrote:In my oppinion it would be a better idea to just restrict turning the lights off completely, for CTs and for Ts.

There is one problem the T dont go in there and just turn lights on ofc he have a gun also and alredy find a good camping spot and kills the most of the cts, maybe 1 or 2 not going in to gunrrom and they camping and wait to the T goes out
and thoose 2 will fail cuse of the remanings T probly have a gun also like on jail204 autosniper/scout and the CT diee..
zoNe~
zoNe~

Number of posts : 221
Birthday : 1997-07-08
Registration date : 2010-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by BodyBuilder Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:25 am

zoNe~ wrote:

There is one problem the T dont go in there and just turn lights on ofc he have a gun also and alredy find a good camping spot and kills the most of the cts, maybe 1 or 2 not going in to gunrrom and they camping and wait to the T goes out
and thoose 2 will fail cuse of the remanings T probly have a gun also like on jail204 autosniper/scout and the CT diee..

Well in my oppinion there is a big risk of getting killed when you leave your hidingspot to reach the gunroom while several CTs are searching for you, so the reward for that brave T who managed to reach the gunroom is that the CTs have to come in and get him, while he can camp inside, as he can hide wherever he wants to. It's the CTs job to go inside to turn off the lights so the hns day can continue not to camp outside the gunroom.
BodyBuilder
BodyBuilder
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 593
Birthday : 1990-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Coffeecake Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:02 am

since this is a hns topic,i think that on a hns-

The Cells MUST be opened BEFORE 4:00, and the ct's search at 3:00. even if hns is explained and opened at 3:59 its ok,10 seconds after or something its ok.if not the day must be commanded regularily. when the cts are searching,they have untill 0:00.if they find and kill EVERYONE (including last t) before 0:00, they win. if after 0:00 1 t is alive he gets a regular /lr. if more than 1 alive, they could play games to kil them till 1 remains,or all agree on the day,then KILL all the alive cts,since the cts lost the hns.

for picking the next day,all alive t's must say in chat i pick lavaday,quizday ect.whatever day has been picked most wins,if its a tie,i dont know ^^
Coffeecake
Coffeecake

Male Number of posts : 390
Birthday : 1996-09-18
Job/hobbies : NeonDragon, football, music
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by QuickSilver Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:55 am

Coffeecake wrote:since this is a hns topic,i think that on a hns-

The Cells MUST be opened BEFORE 4:00, and the ct's search at 3:00. even if hns is explained and opened at 3:59 its ok,10 seconds after or something its ok.if not the day must be commanded regularily. when the cts are searching,they have untill 0:00.if they find and kill EVERYONE (including last t) before 0:00, they win. if after 0:00 1 t is alive he gets a regular /lr. if more than 1 alive, they could play games to kil them till 1 remains,or all agree on the day,then KILL all the alive cts,since the cts lost the hns.

We can open at 3:31 and start searching at 2:00 just as easily. As long as there is at least 1 minute of hiding time, I don't see any reason to also restrict the timeframe of opening cells.
Please guys, let's not "over-fix" things that are not really that broken in the first place..

for picking the next day,all alive t's must say in chat i pick lavaday,quizday ect.whatever day has been picked most wins,if its a tie,i dont know ^^

That's not a good option, since I know from experience that people will spam their choice and it will therefor be difficult to see which day would actually won. In addition, it would also take a long time to gather all the opinions and judging what the result would be.
QuickSilver
QuickSilver
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2691
Birthday : 1957-02-06
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hater Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:37 am

I think many people are giving their ideas about new stuff about hns, when this thread is to clarify a new principle about terrorists turning the lights on, so please stay on topic or make a new topic regarding your ideas.

I think it's really easy to solve this problem by always having a CT guarding the gunroom at any time, not someone who would go afk but someone who would actually guard it. Might be boring but it's an easy solution.
Anyway I think the idea is brilliant since there is often alot of drama when a T turns the lights on.
The Hater
The Hater
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 570
Birthday : 1993-09-26
Registration date : 2009-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanta Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:43 am

TO have a CT guarding its not ok because i think that everyone wants to go and search for the Ts but i dont know maybe the like being there.

Or u could have a option to put an sentrygun in gunroom when its HnS Razz.

I dont like the idea because its sad that one T can ruin a day.
Just like other said it would be nice to make it against the rules to turn on the lights on a hns if u still do it slay/kick etc..

Fanta
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 94
Birthday : 1986-01-10
Registration date : 2009-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Coffeecake Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:19 am

QuickSilver wrote:
Coffeecake wrote:since this is a hns topic,i think that on a hns-

We can open at 3:31 and start searching at 2:00 just as easily. As long as there is at least 1 minute of hiding time, I don't see any reason to also restrict the timeframe of opening cells.
Please guys, let's not "over-fix" things that are not really that broken in the first place..

That's not a good option, since I know from experience that people will spam their choice and it will therefor be difficult to see which day would actually won. In addition, it would also take a long time to gather all the opinions and judging what the result would be.

yes i agree that the voting for a new day would be difficult,but opening at 3:31 and searching at 2:00 would give the cts only 2:00 minutes to look before they lost the hns.

back on topic: HnS would be best the way it is.if a t' goes into gunroom and turns lights on, they get kicked and ct's must turn lights back off.if the same person keeps doing it over new maps they can be reported and banned. changing this will ruin hns and as dazo said,dont ruin another good game for jailbreak.
Coffeecake
Coffeecake

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:24 am

Mati wrote:
swarley wrote:[...]
Yes, one terrorist can fuck everything up. In every round. In any game. And the CTs try to prevent that. Or you seriously want to continue, when the light was already on for a minute and hiding spots might got revealed already?
I think you are missing the all important differance:
In any other game, you can only ruin it by killing the CT's, which takes efford and the likelyness of you doing that on your own is very low. In this game you can ruin the entire round by pushing a single button, which when its dark and all CT's are searching, is an extremely easy thing to do.
Mati wrote:
if your at the green lava at jail_204 or at the thingy near cells, you cant get out of those, someone have to shoot/you have to noclip/get slapped and not allways admins online tbh, but if u enter the green lava its your own responsibility if there are no admins/V.I.P pepole when its HnS
I don't get your point on this, they are many areas on maps where you are "stuck" and can't get back. That's not really HnS-related now.

Perhapsthere are many areas in maps where you are stuck and can't get back, but you wouldn't go in there on a normal freeday. If you hide there at the start of a round, they start searching at 3:00, and the lights get turned on at 2:30.. You are stuck down there.. having to wait to be killed.
There is no way you can predict that someone will turn on the light, so now theres an extra factor added in HnS: "Should I hide there or not? If a T turns on the light it's just going to be useless... so maybe I should hide somewhere else?"

I am strictly against this idea, especially because you are not allowed to play another HnS after this one had been ruined.
Since HnS already defies alot of jailbreak rules, why would you not simply disallow a terrorist to turn on the lights on a HnS day? There is plenty of other ways to rebel in such a day without having to ruin it completely for every single other player on the server by the push of a button.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 3979
Birthday : 1992-02-01
Job/hobbies : Owning you!
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by QuickSilver Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:08 am

Coffeecake wrote:but opening at 3:31 and searching at 2:00 would give the cts only 2:00 minutes to look before they lost the hns.

?????

A hns day can continue for longer than 0:00 you know..
QuickSilver
QuickSilver
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2691
Birthday : 1957-02-06
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:35 am

Marksel wrote:I think you are missing the all important differance:
In any other game, you can only ruin it by killing the CT's, which takes efford and the likelyness of you doing that on your own is very low. In this game you can ruin the entire round by pushing a single button, which when its dark and all CT's are searching, is an extremely easy thing to do.
I don't see the "all important difference"? In both cases, the T destroyed the round for the CTs. And it's not always about killing the CTs, Ts can also escape and open the cells before commands are given. And it's often more easier to backstab a CT than rushing the gunroom when other CTs are searching.
Marksel wrote:Since HnS already defies alot of jailbreak rules, why would you not simply disallow a terrorist to turn on the lights on a HnS day?
That "solution" does not only break a basic concept of jailbreak (rebelling), it also doesn't fix the resulting problem - the lights are on, hiding spots get revealed - and then the search shall continue? And when CT for CT dies when trying to turn off the lights again the terrorists just wait minutes until the last two CTs continue it like there was nothing and they "haven't seen anything"?

Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hater Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:55 pm

Marksel wrote:Perhapsthere are many areas in maps where you are stuck and can't get back, but you wouldn't go in there on a normal freeday. If you hide there at the start of a round, they start searching at 3:00, and the lights get turned on at 2:30.. You are stuck down there.. having to wait to be killed.
There is no way you can predict that someone will turn on the light, so now theres an extra factor added in HnS: "Should I hide there or not? If a T turns on the light it's just going to be useless... so maybe I should hide somewhere else?"
Usually hiding on a spot which you get "stuck" in a certain map or being also outside of the map is not a smart thing to do. Because if you manage to survive and be the last T you will not be able to have any proper LR since your stuck at that 1 place, so it's the problem of the people choosing/hiding on such spots.
The Hater
The Hater
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 570
Birthday : 1993-09-26
Registration date : 2009-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Fagnatic Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:47 pm

.. let just 1 ct guard the light button ..

or make a rule that it's not allowed to turn on lights during HNS?
Fagnatic
Fagnatic

Male Number of posts : 2699
Birthday : 1994-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Coffeecake Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:50 pm

QuickSilver wrote:
Coffeecake wrote:but opening at 3:31 and searching at 2:00 would give the cts only 2:00 minutes to look before they lost the hns.

?????

A hns day can continue for longer than 0:00 you know..

im not wanting to go off topic about it.it was for a new hns idea where they had only till 0:00.enough of my last posts.

back on topic: red phoenix,one person shouldnt have to guard the light button.they could guard the gunroom,but what fun is that.their is no point in 1 person being able to ruin a whole hns and be unpunished.
Coffeecake
Coffeecake

Back to top Go down

Post by luna llena Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:20 pm

im against this rule. Can u just make a rule that during the hns to turn on the lights is forbidden for cts and ts? We just can make 1 hns-day. And it would be pitty that 1 t ruin it by turning on the lights.
luna llena
luna llena
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Female Number of posts : 687
Birthday : 1989-07-05
Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down