neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sliderace - Suggestions and Ideas/Bugs

+11
Fagnatic
Agent Smith
xReii
conex
pn
Leon
hazik666
Mizurri
Xalus
Marksel
Smile
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sliderace - Suggestions and Ideas/Bugs - Page 2 Empty Re: Sliderace - Suggestions and Ideas/Bugs

Post by Marksel Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:16 am

Ok so lets look at the actual useful suggestions here..
The only real useful ones I would say are the rockthevote, and possibly the timers.

There is some more things that need changes:
The blocking dead bodies need to be fixed somehow, they are extremely annoying.

Conex' map: The dark part is way too dark, it needs brightening
d4z0's map: Make the boosts constant, the random boost speed differances make it much more luck dependant on where you land after a jump etc.
Pukata's map: We need more of those!!! Awesome map Very Happy
the Green map (Sorry, don't know who made it): Maybe a bit easy, but that isn't really a problem Smile , one thing I would like to suggest though is make the paths in the start much less spawn dependant, the CT spawn is more difficult than that of the T's, because of the extra rock in the corner, while terrorists can simply dash forward.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 3979
Birthday : 1992-02-01
Job/hobbies : Owning you!
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Sliderace - Suggestions and Ideas/Bugs - Page 2 Empty Re: Sliderace - Suggestions and Ideas/Bugs

Post by Fagnatic Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:27 am

smileftw wrote:
Red-Phoenix wrote:could we do this:

1) when you knife someone , you steal a life from him (like gg but there its with levels.) so when you have 3 , you knife someone , you get 4 and the other gets one off.

No, just NO!. This would mean that not only do you loose one life from dying
but also 1 life to give to the one that killed you? so start with 3 get knifed
great now i got 1 left..
No.

no , you only lose 1 Razz
Fagnatic
Fagnatic

Male Number of posts : 2699
Birthday : 1994-02-25
Registration date : 2010-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Fagnatic Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:28 am

Marksel wrote:Ok so lets look at the actual useful suggestions here..
The only real useful ones I would say are the rockthevote, and possibly the timers.

There is some more things that need changes:
The blocking dead bodies need to be fixed somehow, they are extremely annoying.

d4z0's map: Make the boosts constant, the random boost speed differances make it much more luck dependant on where you land after a jump etc.
Pukata's map: We need more of those!!! Awesome map Very Happy
the Green map (Sorry, don't know who made it): Maybe a bit easy, but that isn't really a problem Smile , one thing I would like to suggest though is make the paths in the start much less spawn dependant, the CT spawn is more difficult than that of the T's, because of the extra rock in the corner, while terrorists can simply dash forward.And also , dont make the screen turn itself... tis annoying =(

added something

(double post...)
Fagnatic
Fagnatic

Back to top Go down

Post by x-regit-x Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:40 am

Red-Phoenix wrote:
smileftw wrote:
Red-Phoenix wrote:could we do this:

1) when you knife someone , you steal a life from him (like gg but there its with levels.) so when you have 3 , you knife someone , you get 4 and the other gets one off.

No, just NO!. This would mean that not only do you loose one life from dying
but also 1 life to give to the one that killed you? so start with 3 get knifed
great now i got 1 left..
No.

no , you only lose 1 Razz
You loose 1 from dying (for respawn) and loose one from the steal. so you loose two lifes if you get knifed.

Marksel, with green map you propably mean my map sr_jungle_b2? I will try to find a good solution.

PS: Phoenix, can't you edit your post?

x-regit-x
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 684
Birthday : 1992-08-21
Job/hobbies : Soaring (hobby)
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by conex Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:23 am

Marksel

it was kinda the idea... to keep it dark.. becuz i wanted people to use there flashlight.. i think it works great.. if you get the rhythms it goes smooth..

conex
conex
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 1458
Birthday : 1992-10-28
Job/hobbies : artist...
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Fagnatic Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:33 am

conex wrote:
Marksel

it was kinda the idea... to keep it dark.. becuz i wanted people to use there flashlight.. i think it works great.. if you get the rhythms it goes smooth..

i think thats not the hard part , the part where you get teleported is hard
Fagnatic
Fagnatic

Back to top Go down

Post by conex Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:04 pm

Red-Phoenix wrote:
conex wrote:
Marksel

i think thats not the hard part , the part where you get teleported is hard

who said it was the hard part o...O ??
conex
conex
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:44 pm

Timers would be pretty awesome, but the map would need to be adjusted then.

RTV & Mapvote will come when we have more maps.

And RTD I don't like, the plugin is already "fat" enough, and sliderace shouldn't be about rolling the dices and get lucky.
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 876
Birthday : 1991-06-02
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizurri Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:49 pm

flashbangs you can buy or find Very Happy?
Mizurri
Mizurri
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 5130
Birthday : 2006-06-06
Job/hobbies : Fulltime Gangster
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by grimvh2 Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Infinite round.

For example. 3 vs 3, 1 team only has 2 players alive, both die at the same time and round ends (but they both had lives left). So the round shouldnt be ended.

grimvh2

Number of posts : 55
Birthday : 1992-09-17
Registration date : 2010-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:03 am

grimvh2 wrote:Infinite round.

For example. 3 vs 3, 1 team only has 2 players alive, both die at the same time and round ends (but they both had lives left). So the round shouldnt be ended.

If that were possible that would be awesome.

Also another thing: Can something be done about basecampers?
I noticed that alot yesterday, I kept making the map while the rest failed, and in the end the entire opposing team just ended up camping their spawn for me to teleport there and kill me.
Not really the purpose of speedrun..
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by conex Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:47 am

Marksel wrote:

I noticed that alot yesterday, I kept making the map while the rest failed, and in the end the entire opposing team just ended up camping their spawn for me to teleport there and kill me.

its sliderace.. ;D not speedrun.. but you are right.. they camp in spawn witch is annoying.. and in my map.. they just slash each other trow the glass
conex
conex
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Back to top Go down

Post by grimvh2 Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:49 am

Marksel wrote:

Both is possible (infinite round is hard tough). Ill probally first help xalus out with the spawncamp. Its easy.

-detect spawn within a radius
-when a player is close to a spawn make a timer
-when timer is running show a message to player
-when timer is up slay Razz

NOTE: I already have anti spawncamp ready, mati or someone else, if u see me online contact me and ill send it to you.

grimvh2

Number of posts : 55
Birthday : 1992-09-17
Registration date : 2010-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:30 am

One more suggestion: Pukata's update of his map, please make level 10 actually possible.
The movements of the red beams needs to be constant, they seem to be going up and down in random timing, especially the second one. Due to the delay of crouching on sliderace the beams should be slightly more apart aswell, so that you can choose to either crouch or jump, without being fucked if you are standing and need to crouch.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Smile Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:25 am

Marksel wrote:One more suggestion: Pukata's update of his map, please make level 10 actually possible.
The movements of the red beams needs to be constant, they seem to be going up and down in random timing, especially the second one. Due to the delay of crouching on sliderace the beams should be slightly more apart aswell, so that you can choose to either crouch or jump, without being fucked if you are standing and need to crouch.

That, and remove the push from the guns so even if you miss them on the way you can go back n get one..
Smile
Smile

Male Number of posts : 1829
Birthday : 1992-08-07
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by conex Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:52 am

smileftw wrote:
Marksel wrote:One more suggestion: Pukata's update of his map, please make level 10 actually possible.

That, and remove the push from the guns so even if you miss them on the way you can go back n get one..

what do you mean .. o...O so when they got a gun.. they dont run fast ??.. that is impossible..
conex
conex
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Smile Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:01 am

conex wrote:
smileftw wrote:

what do you mean .. o...O so when they got a gun.. they dont run fast ??.. that is impossible..

I mean in the end at pukatas map, if you dont grab the gun when trying to finnish the last level
it is impossible to get one, so you have to make the obstacle first and if you dont pick up the gun
after finishing that obstacle you dont get a gun..
Smile
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xalus Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:14 am

It will make it booring, the waiting and all.
Xalus
Xalus

Number of posts : 204
Birthday : 1995-04-26
Registration date : 2009-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:30 am

Xalus wrote:

It will make it booring, the waiting and all.

Then you shouldn't die so fast..

Especially when the server becomes less popular, and less people play it, it will be needed. Already in the mornings with like 6 people, when I die for the first time the round is over because someone else already failed 3 times and I die at thesame time as the other teammate.. It's really frustrating to not get to use all your lifes.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizurri Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:18 am

on some maps you can lj to the other side, cough lamk0 cough xazor.
(otherside = other spawn)
Mizurri
Mizurri
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 5130
Birthday : 2006-06-06
Job/hobbies : Fulltime Gangster
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by x-regit-x Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:11 am

Faatzor wrote:on some maps you can lj to the other side, cough lamk0 cough xazor.
If you would tell the mapnames it could help.
And what does this have to do with longjump?

x-regit-x
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 684
Birthday : 1992-08-21
Job/hobbies : Soaring (hobby)
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Smile Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:19 am

x-regit-x wrote:
Faatzor wrote:on some maps you can lj to the other side, cough lamk0 cough xazor.
If you would tell the mapnames it could help.
And what does this have to do with longjump?

It is conex map, Ive done it. And faatzor you said 'some maps' so if there is another one
its only pukatas that would even be possible to do it on.
Smile
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by hazik666 Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:17 am

Add infodecal to the list of entities that kill you
hazik666
hazik666
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 4838
Birthday : 0672-12-27
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:02 am

I just came up with a good suggestion:
Make it free for all, and force everyone to join thesame team.
This way rounds won't end prematurely as much because of lucky timing of deaths, and will also make it alot more competative.
On top of that, there would be alot less team domination in maps such as the sr_jungle map.

Btw I noticed something in the sr_Greenroom (or what is its name?), if you finish the map and stay on the roof, you get slain for spawncamping.
And in sr_gridded_easy, there is no spawncamp protection at all.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Xalus Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:27 am

U mean sr_jungle_easy?
Becuase we don't got sr_gridded_easy.
Xalus
Xalus

Number of posts : 204
Birthday : 1995-04-26
Registration date : 2009-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next