neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[NEW GAME] Memory-game (don't have a suitable name for it yet)

+5
swarley
conex
Hanyuu
W_a_S_y_L
K!ng
9 posters

Go down

[NEW GAME] Memory-game (don't have a suitable name for it yet) Empty [NEW GAME] Memory-game (don't have a suitable name for it yet)

Post by K!ng Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:32 pm

Name: Not yet available ("Memory-game"? "K!ng-game"? Razz)

Who can play the game:
CT: The Commander
T: Every T

Description:
This game will demand a good memory and you need to pay attention to play along. If everything is alright, the T with the best memory will win...
It's very easy: The CT (I will call the Commander "CT", because it's way shorter and everyone will know what I mean anyway) will lead the game by making some kind pattern (not sure if "pattern" is the right word here, but the best suitable word I could think of..) of 4 elements: W, A, S and D (the keys most people are using for navigating in CS and other games). The T's has to memorize the pattern. If the forgot it or typed in the wrong pattern, the T loses and will die. In every round of the game, the CT choose a new, random key (of the W, A, S and D) to add to the pattern, so the pattern will get longer each round and harder to memorize. This game should be made with a plugin (so the patterns each T chooses will be kept secret for eachother).

Short example:
1 Commander, 8 T's.
Round 1: CT chooses A as first letter of the pattern and all the 8 T's typed in the right letter (A).
Round 2: CT chooses D as second letter of the pattern and all 8 T's typed in A-D as pattern (which is good).
Round 6: CT chooses S as sixth letter of the pattern (pattern is now A-D-D-W-S-S). 2 T's typed in the wrong pattern and die.
Round 10: CT chooses D as tenth letter of the pattern (pattern is now A-D-D-W-S-S-S-A-W-D-D). 1 more T guessed the wrong pattern and dies (6 other T's died from round 7 till round 9).
1 T is still alive and won the game. He can do LR now.

Advantages and disadvantages:
Advantages:
  • New game which will bring some refreshment to Jailbreak.
  • Fun memory game. People can really compete with eachother and test eachother memories.

Disadvantages:
  • Needs a plugin to play.
  • Can take kinda long.
  • Chance that people can cheat by writing the pattern down.
  • Chance that the last 2, 3 or more T's die at the same time (if the last T's all have the pattern wrong).

Other/General:
This can be fun game to play, but I'm not certain about it since people can cheat with writing patterns down and they game can take kinda long which can be boring for players who aren't playing the game. Besided this someone needs to develop a special plugin for this game and I don't know how this will work out in-game.
So maybe other people here has solutions for the flaws/disadvantages the game has now. Or maybe they have other comments to this game that should be solved first. Don't think this game violates any existing rule (like "special treatment"), so that shouldn't be a problem. Maybe some kind of timer or timelimit can solve some issues? And maybe it's a better idea to start with 3 or 5 letters right away in round 1?
Bare in mind that this game can be modified in different ways of course (with numbers instead of letters, wider range of keys and etc.).

K!ng

Male Number of posts : 175
Birthday : 1988-04-17
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Back to top Go down

[NEW GAME] Memory-game (don't have a suitable name for it yet) Empty Re: [NEW GAME] Memory-game (don't have a suitable name for it yet)

Post by W_a_S_y_L Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:38 pm

How would the commander choose the new key? Would he tell through the mic? type it in chat? or maybe dance by using the key?

Also if all the t's are supposed to type the pattern then writing down for memorising wont be necesary, since they would just check the console and see the correct pattern
W_a_S_y_L
W_a_S_y_L
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Number of posts : 2207
Birthday : 1988-12-23
Job/hobbies : Reading / Japan culture / Playing CS and WoW :)
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

[NEW GAME] Memory-game (don't have a suitable name for it yet) Empty Re: [NEW GAME] Memory-game (don't have a suitable name for it yet)

Post by K!ng Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:47 pm

W_a_S_y_L wrote:How would the commander choose the new key? Would he tell through the mic? type it in chat? or maybe dance by using the key?

Also if all the t's are supposed to type the pattern then writing down for memorising wont be necesary, since they would just check the console and see the correct pattern

Guess you haven't read my description carefully:

K!ng wrote:This game should be made with a plugin (so the patterns each T chooses will be kept secret for eachother).

This means the Commanders chooses a letter via a menu, made possible by special designed plugin. The T's see the letter the Commander chooses in their specially designed menu. What letter the Commander chooses and what patterns the T's choose, isn't visible for the rest and won't be shown in chat nor console.

K!ng

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanyuu Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:34 pm

Seems plausible but new plug-in => possibility of lag?

But thing is, I think everyone would just write down the patterns and no one would die.
Hanyuu
Hanyuu
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 1790
Birthday : 1983-10-13
Job/hobbies : College Student, Soccer, Drawing, Karaoking, Anime+Manga, Swimming
Registration date : 2009-07-25

http://hanyuu1983.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by conex Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:06 pm

Hanyuu wrote: plug-in => possibility of lag?

omg its all the time people gets ideas this is what you guys say... lag that lag this.. ! omg... Sleep darn the lag.. ontopic.. the games sound wierd.. i dont see how its gonna work.. ? and with a plugin how are we gonna play it without admins on server ?? ..
conex
conex
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 1458
Birthday : 1992-10-28
Job/hobbies : artist...
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by K!ng Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:23 am

Just another 4:30am idea Razz

But plugin should is not an admin feature, but a feature that only can be actived by the Commander.

But I guess Hanyuu is right: people can easily memorize till maybe 20 rounds or write the pattern somewhere down so the game can go on and on.
But if they won't write anything down, adding 3 letters per round can be a solution. I mean, I'm not sure if I could remember a pattern of 20 letters...

But another thing is (now I got some sleep, the game sounds boring to do haha Razz.

K!ng

Back to top Go down

Post by swarley Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:06 am

Great game you thought out, but there's an alternative for it also Cool

So its just as u explained it, but not with the W A S D.
instead of it, you say blue car, red car, green car, yellow car, etc..

Idk, didnt think about this for a long time.. So might not be good lols
swarley
swarley

Male Number of posts : 489
Birthday : 2007-07-06
Job/hobbies : Doing nothing
Registration date : 2010-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by W_a_S_y_L Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:43 am

But wait, if each T would get the same pattern at the same time then why keep it a secret with a plug in ? o.o
W_a_S_y_L
W_a_S_y_L
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by K!ng Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:26 am

Because some T's are slower with typing in the pattern than other T's. The slower could look at the pattern the other T's have guessed and do there (unfair) advantages with it.
Besides that, if the other CT's don't know the pattern (they don't play the game, so they won't know) it will rule out that the other CT's can ruin the game.

But I admit, not my best idea for a new game! Razz
(but my secondary goal with such ideas is to encourage other person to keep thinking about how to improve and refresh Jailbreak, so it won't be always the same over and over (like always that damn annoying "crouch and freeze"). Think Jailbreak needs a new game at least every month to keep it fun for everyone.)

K!ng

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:02 am

With a bit of adjustment this game can be great. Here's my suggestion how it would work:

First you line up all the Terrorists, not too many of them at a time if possible to make it a bit easyer to control/monitor.

Now, you will give them certain commands to do in this way:
Commander wrote:The First command is Crouch.
The Second command is Jump.

Ok now follow the commands:
First! (Everyone crouches)
Second! (Everyone jumps)

Ok, since noone failed, we will add a third and fourth

The third command is jump
The fourth command is slash

Follow the commands!
First! (everyone crouches)
Second! (everyone jumps)
Third! (everyone jumps again)
Fourth! (everyone slashes)
Now you simply kill anyone that does the wrong command, or does the command at the wrong time.
Give them a small timespann to do the command so that they can't simply copy their teammates without dieing.

If this takes too long, you can mix up the numbers to make it extra confusing, like saying:
Commander wrote:
Follow the commands!
First! (everyone crouches)
Fourth! (some people jump because they expected Second)

Make sure to announce that switching up the numbers is a possibility so they are not cought in a suprise and end up whining ^_^
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 3979
Birthday : 1992-02-01
Job/hobbies : Owning you!
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by W_a_S_y_L Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:25 am

Somehow what marksel said seems more logical and user friendly ^^
W_a_S_y_L
W_a_S_y_L
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:45 am

I kinda like the idea. The heaviest problem is that people can cheat easily by just writing each letter down.

Marksels way sounds a bit better because they don't have so much time then.
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 876
Birthday : 1991-06-02
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by K!ng Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:52 am

Yes, Marksels adjustment is waaay better! Didn't think of it that you can do this game also by movements. Will be way easier to execute too.

About that writing down: guess everyone plays CS in fullscreen, so writing anything down on your computer (with Notepad or something like that) is somehow impossible. And how many people will be such geek that they take a pen and paper next to their computers so they can win if this game is played...?

But Marksel, great idea! See, in this way the best games will created! Smile

K!ng

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:03 am

K!ng wrote:And how many people will be such geek that they take a pen and paper next to their computers so they can win if this game is played...?
Believe me, there would be people who would do this. Very Happy But with commands it's pretty hard, especially when the whole game gets executed pretty fast.
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 876
Birthday : 1991-06-02
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Smile Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:10 am

Mati wrote:
K!ng wrote:And how many people will be such geek that they take a pen and paper next to their computers so they can win if this game is played...?
Believe me, there would be people who would do this. Very Happy But with commands it's pretty hard, especially when the whole game gets executed pretty fast.

I would Razz well thats mostly because I draw some graffiti sketches when Im bored Razz
So pencil and paper would be right next to me xD
Smile
Smile

Male Number of posts : 1829
Birthday : 1992-08-07
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanyuu Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:39 am

I'm a multi-tasker, I do homework while playing o.O so pen and paper is readily accessible. Smile

Ontopic: Marksel's idea stemmed from yours is a faster and simpler way to execute. People won't have enough time to write if it is done fast. Smile The only problem would be if the commander remembers his commands o.o
Hanyuu
Hanyuu
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 1790
Birthday : 1983-10-13
Job/hobbies : College Student, Soccer, Drawing, Karaoking, Anime+Manga, Swimming
Registration date : 2009-07-25

http://hanyuu1983.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Smile Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:36 am

Hanyuu wrote:

I'm a multi-tasker, I do homework while playing o.O so pen and paper is readily accessible. Smile

Ontopic: Marksel's idea stemmed from yours is a faster and simpler way to execute. People won't have enough time to write if it is done fast. Smile The only problem would be if the commander remembers his commands o.o

I would write down my commands first then execute the game ( if i were commander)
Smile
Smile

Male Number of posts : 1829
Birthday : 1992-08-07
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by swarley Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:21 am

Cant you likely do first/last reaction this way;?

Lets say:
Number #1 = Jump
Number #2 = Crouch
Number #3 = Crouch Jump
Number #4 = Look up
First reaction #1; And the FIRST one who jumps dies?
then... Last reaction #3; And the LAST one who crouchjumps dies?
Pepole will also write down, but will be a little hard when you have to read the paper and Crouch Jump same time, ay?
pirat

What do you think about this idea? (Got it from Marksels idea tho)
swarley
swarley

Male Number of posts : 489
Birthday : 2007-07-06
Job/hobbies : Doing nothing
Registration date : 2010-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Fagnatic Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:51 am

guys

... thats not so hard if you use K!ngs idea

go console -> type say "A" and enter ,
and every round you press arrow key up and you have it back again and just have to add the letter.

but marks idea is good Smile you can't cheat there Wink
Fagnatic
Fagnatic

Male Number of posts : 2699
Birthday : 1994-02-25
Registration date : 2010-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:27 am

swarley wrote:Cant you likely do first/last reaction this way;?

Lets say:
Number #1 = Jump
Number #2 = Crouch
Number #3 = Crouch Jump
Number #4 = Look up
Pepole will also write down, but will be a little hard when you have to read the paper and Crouch Jump same time, ay?
pirat

Please.. I beg you.. do not change a great game into another lame tricking game.
This game is about memory, not about tricking people with last/first.

This game can get really hard already without the last reaction component.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 3979
Birthday : 1992-02-01
Job/hobbies : Owning you!
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by K!ng Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:36 am

swarley wrote:Cant you likely do first/last reaction this way;?

Lets say:
Number #1 = Jump
Number #2 = Crouch
Number #3 = Crouch Jump
Number #4 = Look up
pirat

Whole other game. Sounds fun to apply it once in a while with first/last-reaction, but this topic is about another game (a memory-game, not a last/first-reaction-game) Razz

@Marksel

Lol, hadn't noticed that you replaced the commands with first, second and etc. Will be even more tricky and harder to remember. Good thinking, Marksel! Smile

PS. This game doesn't need any plugins, so try it soon in Jailbreak?

K!ng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down