neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banned for Racism, I was not racist in anyway

+7
Marksel
oempaloempa
pn
hazik666
QuickSilver
Icakiller
Fried Egg
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Banned for Racism, I was not racist in anyway Empty Banned for Racism, I was not racist in anyway

Post by Fried Egg Tue May 25, 2010 2:52 pm

- Steam ID : 0:1:7509547
- Nick INGAME : Cheeseburger Apocolypse
- Admin/Member : vDou
- Reason of ban : Racism (Lol)
- Date and time of the ban : 25/5/10
- Motivation for a deban : Done nothing wrong...

Right. First thing that happend was I was freekilled for no reason. I probably over reacted, and im sorry.

I then told this kid to shut up as hes getting involved when he shouldnt. I said "Shut up you scottish kid".

20 seconds later and im kicked and banned by vDou for racism. How on earth is that racism?

Havent got a picture or demo, but its ridiciulous. I was called Cheeseburger Apocolypse at the time. If that results in a ban then its pathetic.

Again, sorry for the language for being freekilled, but its very annoying to be freekilled for no reason.

Last edited by Fried Egg on Tue May 25, 2010 3:04 pm; edited 3 times in total

Fried Egg

Number of posts : 20
Birthday : 1988-10-26
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Back to top Go down

Banned for Racism, I was not racist in anyway Empty Re: Banned for Racism, I was not racist in anyway

Post by Icakiller Tue May 25, 2010 2:54 pm

first of all it wanst vdou there did ban you, it was suvi, and you did deserve it...

Icakiller

Number of posts : 54
Birthday : 1991-11-20
Registration date : 2009-12-23

Back to top Go down

Banned for Racism, I was not racist in anyway Empty Re: Banned for Racism, I was not racist in anyway

Post by Fried Egg Tue May 25, 2010 2:57 pm

Explain?

ive seen posts of members swearing because of freekilled, and admins have understood they were frustrated.

I called him a scottish kid. I cant see how that is racist. If I said "Your country is sh"t, shut up kid" then I understand.

If it was Suvi, then I apologise vDou. Suvi, could u please make a post and explain.

Fried Egg

Back to top Go down

Post by Fried Egg Tue May 25, 2010 3:04 pm

Icakiller wrote:first of all it wanst vdou there did ban you, it was suvi, and you did deserve it...

I just asked suvi on steam friends (Quickly added him) he said vDou banned me. So your wrong Wink

vDou please explain

Fried Egg

Back to top Go down

Post by QuickSilver Tue May 25, 2010 3:09 pm

I understand it might be frustarting to get freekilled, but it's just a game. Freekills happen in jail, it's not 100% avoidable, live with it. If someone freekills you, get some proof and make a ban request or tell admins/members in-game to watch that person.

I'm not going to comment on the ban, but why did you have to drag the nationality in? What does it add to say "shut up Scottish kid" while "shut up kid" would have sufficed too?!

P.S. Suvi is a girl!
QuickSilver
QuickSilver
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2691
Birthday : 1957-02-06
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by hazik666 Tue May 25, 2010 3:10 pm

Well if you have a problem with scots guess where im from?
hazik666
hazik666
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 4838
Birthday : 0672-12-27
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by pn Tue May 25, 2010 3:23 pm

some time ago we had this same discussion because a guy said fucking turkish, at that time we reached the conclusion that it was no reason for ban

http://neondragon.forumotion.co.uk/trash-f53/declined-racism-not-sure-if-it-worth-a-strike-tho-t5245.htm
pn
pn

Male Number of posts : 2286
Birthday : 1993-04-07
Job/hobbies : hmmm beer
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by oempaloempa Tue May 25, 2010 3:23 pm

I was there, he got freekilled on accident, he got pissed because no admin/member did anything about it. So he harrassed a little, he was wrong to drag nationality in. But i really do not think this would be worth a ban. It was most likeley because coffeecake(the scottish kid) also talked along and since he has a scottish accent he might have dragged that into it because he was pissed, i didn't see vdou warn or anything he didn't kick either he just banned straight away.

pn wrote:some time ago we had this same discussion because a guy said fucking turkish, at that time we reached the conclusion that it was no reason for ban

http://neondragon.forumotion.co.uk/trash-f53/declined-racism-not-sure-if-it-worth-a-strike-tho-t5245.htm

And saying fucking turkish is even more harrassing then "shut up scottish kid" really it's not much of an insult. If someone would say "shut up dutch kid" i wouldn't be offended at all. Coffee didn't seem offended so i don't get why vdou should be.

Last edited by oempaloempa on Tue May 25, 2010 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
oempaloempa
oempaloempa

Male Number of posts : 287
Birthday : 1994-10-10
Job/hobbies : playing games/unemployed/school
Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by pn Tue May 25, 2010 3:26 pm

oempaloempa wrote:I was there, he got freekilled on accident, he got pissed because no admin/member did anything about it. So he harrassed a little, he was wrong to drag nationality in. But i really do not think this would be worth a ban. It was most likeley because coffeecake(the scottish kid) also talked along and since he has a scottish accent he might have dragged that into it because he was pissed, i didn't see vdou warn or anything he didn't kick either he just banned straight away.

when it comes to racism there is not really a need of warning. Racism is completly unacceptable

Agito wrote:

-racism (this shouldn't be tolerated on the server.
1. temp ban

pn
pn

Male Number of posts : 2286
Birthday : 1993-04-07
Job/hobbies : hmmm beer
Registration date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by oempaloempa Tue May 25, 2010 3:29 pm

pn wrote:
oempaloempa wrote:I was there, he got freekilled on accident, he got pissed because no admin/member did anything about it. So he harrassed a little, he was wrong to drag nationality in. But i really do not think this would be worth a ban. It was most likeley because coffeecake(the scottish kid) also talked along and since he has a scottish accent he might have dragged that into it because he was pissed, i didn't see vdou warn or anything he didn't kick either he just banned straight away.

when it comes to racism there is not really a need of warning. Racism is completly unacceptable

Agito wrote:

1. temp ban

Ofcourse at hard racist sentences there should be no warnings given, but really? if anyone would say to you pn: "shut up portuguese kid" or where ever you are from would you be so offended you'd ban him?
oempaloempa
oempaloempa

Back to top Go down

Post by Fried Egg Tue May 25, 2010 3:30 pm

pn wrote:

Agito wrote:

1. temp ban

Erm. Can you please explain how "shut up scottish kid" is racist though. Thats not racist at all. So if I said Shut up kid then it would have been fine?

If you think thats racist, then wow. I dont like racist people, and i was not racist. He was scottish. I said Scottish kid. Omg...

Just leave it. Ill wait untill tomorrow and play. How people find that offensive amazes me.

Fried Egg

Back to top Go down

Post by hazik666 Tue May 25, 2010 3:38 pm

Fried Egg im scottish and yes that can be offensive and seeing as you dont give a shit mabye this ban could teach you a lesson seeing as you dont care...
hazik666
hazik666
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 4838
Birthday : 0672-12-27
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Fried Egg Tue May 25, 2010 3:43 pm

hazik666 wrote:Fried Egg im scottish and yes that can be offensive and seeing as you dont give a shit mabye this ban could teach you a lesson seeing as you dont care...

If someone said to me "shut up you english kid" I really would not find that offensive in the slightess way. Can you just explain though how it is offensive, so I wont do it again.

This ban wont teach me a lesson unless you explain how it can be offensive, or what I said was offensive.

Shut up kid

Shut up "Nationality" kid

Is there really that much difference that it can cause offence....

The guy I said it to (Coffeecake) found it funny. It didnt offend him. So whats wrong?

Fried Egg

Back to top Go down

Post by Icakiller Tue May 25, 2010 3:52 pm

Fried Egg wrote:
hazik666 wrote:Fried Egg im scottish and yes that can be offensive and seeing as you dont give a shit mabye this ban could teach you a lesson seeing as you dont care...

If someone said to me "shut up you english kid" I really would not find that offensive in the slightess way. Can you just explain though how it is offensive, so I wont do it again.

This ban wont teach me a lesson unless you explain how it can be offensive, or what I said was offensive.

Shut up kid

Shut up "Nationality" kid

Is there really that much difference that it can cause offence....

The guy I said it to (Coffeecake) found it funny. It didnt offend him. So whats wrong?

i failed was sure its was suvi, but anyway. SOme ppl like me will be a little piss if you say like that to a person. i would not be happy if a ppl did say : shut op you danish kid. 1 am not a kid , and in one way it is a word aganist him becouse hes from that contry, just dont name the contry where ppl are from, but renmeber ppl see through diffent eyes and some, gets faster pissed of then orthers. and not sure you did deserve that ban after all, but keep in mind, watch out what you typeing when you name a contry... Surprised

Icakiller

Number of posts : 54
Birthday : 1991-11-20
Registration date : 2009-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Tue May 25, 2010 4:01 pm

Ok seriously.. some people don't get the word racism.

Racism does not mean that as soon as a nationality is in the sentence it is racism.

Racism is saying one 'race' is better that the other. Widely taken: One group of people is better than the other. So, nationality aswell there.

However, saying 'shut up scottish kid' does not really degrade scotland now does it?
If he would of said 'you scottish f*gs all suck' or something like that, that would be racism. Simply adding a nationality to an insult is not racism, using the nationality to insult is.

This is deffinitely NOT racism in any shape or form.

vDou I have seen you bann for rediculous reasons without a single warning before.
You are not a member to swing the bannhammer, remember that please.

(PS: Every bann should be worth a strike and therefore should be reported on the strike list, I don't see this one on there.)
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 3979
Birthday : 1992-02-01
Job/hobbies : Owning you!
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Fried Egg Tue May 25, 2010 4:07 pm

Marksel wrote:Ok seriously.. some people don't get the word racism.

Racism does not mean that as soon as a nationality is in the sentence it is racism.

Racism is saying one 'race' is better that the other. Widely taken: One group of people is better than the other. So, nationality aswell there.

However, saying 'shut up scottish kid' does not really degrade scotland now does it?
If he would of said 'you scottish f*gs all suck' or something like that, that would be racism. Simply adding a nationality to an insult is not racism, using the nationality to insult is.

This is deffinitely NOT racism in any shape or form.

vDou I have seen you bann for rediculous reasons without a single warning before.

(PS: Every bann should be worth a strike and therefore should be reported on the strike list, I don't see this one on there.)

Thank you.

Someone who actually understands.

Fried Egg

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkNess Tue May 25, 2010 4:09 pm

I also dont get how Shut up scottish kid is worth a ban,
Maybe a kick but a ban? wtf o_O
DarkNess
DarkNess

Male Number of posts : 4591
Birthday : 1994-07-24
Job/hobbies : This is Serious.
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Fried Egg Tue May 25, 2010 4:23 pm

So could someone tell me exactly how long the ban is? Smile

Fried Egg

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkNess Tue May 25, 2010 4:52 pm

2hours i think
DarkNess
DarkNess

Male Number of posts : 4591
Birthday : 1994-07-24
Job/hobbies : This is Serious.
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by SuomiKukka Tue May 25, 2010 4:52 pm

I banned on the belief, taht there was a reason because I asked vDou:
Can I help?
He said ban and that hes ban didnt work.
Then I said post proofs or similar that did he have so I did what he requested and Im now wondering where are the proofs vDou said that he cant add them since Strike List is locked, I wonder why. But I didnt open it since I didnt know that was someone doing something...

So until we see vDou proofs or post I really can't say yes or no...

So there was the strike list at the problem..

Patience and wait.

SuomiKukka
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 1095
Birthday : 2001-01-01
Registration date : 2009-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Smile Tue May 25, 2010 4:53 pm

Fried Egg wrote:So could someone tell me exactly how long the ban is? Smile

A member can at most temp ban 4h.
in your case it was 7200 min? Its bug/threat or whatever, its for seconds
so 2h would be it, and according to unban it would be around now Smile
Smile
Smile

Male Number of posts : 1829
Birthday : 1992-08-07
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by QuickSilver Tue May 25, 2010 4:53 pm

Marksel wrote:This is deffinitely NOT racism in any shape or form.

^ That. Mark basically said everything I wanted to say aswell.
vDou, please take not of the above aswell, especially the middle part.

Edit: I fixed the strikelist thingy, thanks for bringing that to my attention Suvi. Someone closed part 2 in stead of part 1. This afternoon I already switched the titles around, but I didn't notice it was locked aswell.

Last edited by QuickSilver on Tue May 25, 2010 5:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
QuickSilver
QuickSilver
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2691
Birthday : 1957-02-06
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by SuomiKukka Tue May 25, 2010 4:57 pm

QuickSilver wrote:
Marksel wrote:This is deffinitely NOT racism in any shape or form.

^ That. Mark basically said everything I wanted to say aswell.
vDou, please take not of the above aswell, especially the fast banhammer part.

Edit: I fixed the strikelist thingy, thanks for bringing that to my attention Suvi. Someone closed part 2 in stead of part 1. This afternoon I already switched the titles around, but I didn't notice it was locked aswell.

I really hope vDou you didnt screw this one, because then it means I did also...

So add the proofs you have asap...

@@ Marksel he supposetly do have the proofs to something, I really tought there was a emergency of some sort by the chat smg he send me.

SuomiKukka
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 1095
Birthday : 2001-01-01
Registration date : 2009-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by oempaloempa Wed May 26, 2010 12:07 am

|SuvI| wrote:I banned on the belief, taht there was a reason because I asked vDou:
Can I help?
He said ban and that hes ban didnt work.
Then I said post proofs or similar that did he have so I did what he requested and Im now wondering where are the proofs vDou said that he cant add them since Strike List is locked, I wonder why. But I didnt open it since I didnt know that was someone doing something...

So until we see vDou proofs or post I really can't say yes or no...

So there was the strike list at the problem..

Patience and wait.

there..
Banned for Racism, I was not racist in anyway Batamamav20032
Banned for Racism, I was not racist in anyway Batamamav20033

all that happend basicly.
oempaloempa
oempaloempa

Back to top Go down

Post by KoD Wed May 26, 2010 1:38 am

Rofl you can't be serious, thats an insult we members hear every second. How can you ever ban someone for that?

I basicly agree with evrything Marksel just said...,

PEOPLE MAKE SUCH A BIG DEAL OUT OF NOTHING, WHY?!?!
KoD
KoD
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Number of posts : 3513
Birthday : 1992-07-05
Job/hobbies : follow fat guys with a tuba
Registration date : 2009-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next