neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[INFO] Trying to get the server back to normal

+5
Hibari
DarkNess
Mati
Marksel
QuickSilver
9 posters

Go down

[INFO] Trying to get the server back to normal Empty [INFO] Trying to get the server back to normal

Post by QuickSilver Thu May 06, 2010 10:59 am

Hi everyone,

As you all know, the Jail server has been severely bugged, especially these last couple of days. We are aware of the problems, but it's proving very difficult to come up with the solution for all of this. As far as I personally know, all the server bugs have been happening with the map jail_czone. As an experiment, that map has been removed from the mapcycle for a couple of days to see if the problems keep continuing.

What I would like from you guys is to report every time the server crashes like that (when all the plug-ins fail). Maybe we could exclude certain causes by doing this. If the server does crash, please specify mapname and any irregularities (try scrolling up in the console and see if there are any errors listed for example).

Of course this topic can also be used for any questions/remarks regarding the current server problems. I will try to keep you all updated as much as I can through this thread.

Thanks for the co-operation ^^
QuickSilver
QuickSilver
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2691
Birthday : 1957-02-06
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

[INFO] Trying to get the server back to normal Empty Re: [INFO] Trying to get the server back to normal

Post by Marksel Thu May 06, 2010 12:08 pm

jail_czone has nothing to do with this..
thesame problem happends with all the other servers, they don't have jail_czone.
Also, jail_czone has been around from the start (or atleast very early), I don't see why it would cause problems now while it previously didn't, especially since this was the start of the mapcycle for so long.

The problem lies within the votemap plugin, I've told Koyumu but he seems ignorant, please consider taking off the votemap plugin for 1-2 days instead of removing maps that have nothing to do with the problem...
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 3979
Birthday : 1992-02-01
Job/hobbies : Owning you!
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

[INFO] Trying to get the server back to normal Empty Re: [INFO] Trying to get the server back to normal

Post by Mati Thu May 06, 2010 12:42 pm

I am totally aware of the fact that this problem happen on other server as well, and I don't think it's caused by czone either. It got reported to me as the only map where this bug was happening all the time altough the map has no special server-related meaning (like beeing the default starting map). So I thought it's worth a try so it can be excluded for sure that any map is the source of the problem.

The problem is most likely caused by the galileo vote plugin - there has to be something which is causing it to fail. After I got told that the problem started on other maps than czone as well, that can be excluded, so until the real source is found, I will disable the (most likely) cause - galileo (and added czone to the mapcycle again).

Confirmations, that the problem doesn't happen anymore after galileo is disabled are appreciated.
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 876
Birthday : 1991-06-02
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by QuickSilver Thu May 06, 2010 12:56 pm

Ok ok... Sorry then.
I guess this shows my epic lack of knowledge about these things..
So far I've experienced that the teamkilling and menu/ndmenu plug-ins failed only at czone, which is why I thought what I wrote.

My bad.. Sad
QuickSilver
QuickSilver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkNess Thu May 06, 2010 11:40 pm

QuickSilver wrote:Ok ok... Sorry then.
So far I've experienced that the teamkilling and menu/ndmenu plug-ins failed only at czone, which is why I thought what I wrote.

My bad.. Sad

No no you did good, Czone is a crap map :p
DarkNess
DarkNess

Male Number of posts : 4591
Birthday : 1994-07-24
Job/hobbies : This is Serious.
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibari Thu May 06, 2010 11:50 pm

DarkNess wrote:

My bad.. Sad

ITS NOT!!!!!
Hibari
Hibari

Male Number of posts : 2048
Birthday : 1994-07-01
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Emziek Fri May 07, 2010 2:45 am

DarkNess wrote:

My bad.. Sad

Its the funniest map on the server(but jail_blank)
HOW DARE U SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT! Shocked
Emziek
Emziek

Male Number of posts : 1027
Birthday : 1996-04-18
Job/hobbies : laughing
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Fri May 07, 2010 2:55 am

Why on earth would you go offtopic in THIS topic?
Get a grip guys..
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 3979
Birthday : 1992-02-01
Job/hobbies : Owning you!
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Smile Fri May 07, 2010 6:23 pm

Okay no idea if it has anything to do with the bug at all,
but the map 204jailbreak? i think its the name, got server
bug twice today i think.. just to let you know, as I said no idea
if it has anything regards the problem, just letting you know.
Smile
Smile

Male Number of posts : 1829
Birthday : 1992-08-07
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by QuickSilver Sat May 08, 2010 12:49 am

Thanks Smile.

I experienced a bug this morning on jb_desert_v1. Ndmenu & /menu not working + teamkilling as T was enabled.
Forgot to look at the console for any error statements due to teamkillers.
QuickSilver
QuickSilver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Smeghedz Sat May 08, 2010 5:38 am

Its happening right now :/

I've only ever seen it happen on czone to be quite honest but from what i've read it seems it could be a symptom not a cause?

We need to get it sorted :/

Smeghedz

Number of posts : 14
Birthday : 1900-01-01
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by QuickSilver Sat May 08, 2010 10:03 am

jail_recharged_remake2 this time. Ndmenu & /menu not working. Not sure about teamkill enabled.
I guess we can conclude it's not the vote plug-in?
QuickSilver
QuickSilver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kwaakt Sat May 08, 2010 11:02 am

As far as I can see I see two problems.

At the end of the map the sentence: Votecreation failed: no maps found appears. After the map ended the connection is lost and the server restarts to the first map in the mapcycle. this bug is happening for a while now. Mostly after in the third map. but sometimes in the second map.
It also happens at the fun server and the wc3 server. (dont know it about zombie and deathrun and surf)

The second bug is the one when all plugins failed.
I havent seen anything in console about it. And I couldnt find any regularity in it yet. It happens also at the end of a map. This is what I see.

I think there is no mapvote. But Im not sure. The map ends (mostly cszone) and the connection screen appears where the new map is loaded. After a short load the connection is lost and the map is loaded again. That load is succesful but at that moment the plug ins arent working.
On jail the only thing players can do is votemap in console. We use map1 for it. So we votemap 1 all. At the moment there is enough voted the server freezes and is restarted to the first map in the mapcycle. We have to reconnect manual to enter the server again. On zombie when it happens nothing is possible. You cant join a team and votemap (console) doesnt work. Ive tried to votemap in zombie a few times but then cs completely jammed and I need to ctrl alt delete to close it.
This is everything Ive seen.
When It happens again ill copypast the console in here.
kwaakt
kwaakt
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 959
Birthday : 1985-11-22
Registration date : 2009-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by QuickSilver Tue May 11, 2010 8:04 am

Server problems have been fixed, topic trashed for now.
QuickSilver
QuickSilver
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down