neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FLASH TOPIC: How to make the servers popular again, as before. (my propositions)

+13
hazik666
Linux
Smile
kwaakt
Necro
LongD
Tiny Dancer
x-regit-x
nase
Yurnero
luna llena
Hibari
Agent Smith
17 posters

Go down

FLASH TOPIC: How to make the servers popular again, as before. (my propositions) Empty FLASH TOPIC: How to make the servers popular again, as before. (my propositions)

Post by Agent Smith Mon May 03, 2010 4:39 pm

As we all know the servers are less popular nowadays, so I am going to make some suggestions to make the servers popular again.
Im going through most of the servers and I give some propositions and say whether you agree or disagree with me and say why, but most of the propositions were actually like before except a few.

JAIL

------

Well as you all know I would like some rules to be changed,

- like suicide tower day with blocking, because this element encourages the terrorists to jump down instead of staying up. The faster you go down, the less blockers you have to deal with, if you wait for a long time, there are a lot of terrorists down there minimizing the chance you will survive if you jump down, and with this it is at least a challenge, instead of just jumping down without any obstacles. I love challenges in jailbreak.

next to that, hot potato day is nice as well, and funny.

-remember that the people should NOT throw the nades, but hold them in the hand with having the left mouse button pressed, and stick in a group. This has a nice chain reaction, because if one terrorist kills a CT, he will drop a nade, damaging the other CTs. When another T kills a CT, he will drop a nade as well, killing the entire CT team, then they will all drop a nade. and BAM, everyone is killed but luckily the round has ended, so there aren't any big consequences.

This day is actually more fun than a freeday and MUCH FASTER. Whenever the CT team is killed the round ends, simple as that, but at freedays it can take much and much longer, and with all the CTs campping it is pretty boring.

------

Zombie day

---

1. Make the 'night vision' for zombies green, not red, perhaps some people are used to green night vision and suddenly they are playing with red night vision. I was used to the green night vision of zombies, and so are other people. I suppose you would say this statement is ridiculous, but some people actually like green 'night vision' for zombies much more.

2. Next to that, nades. Like infection bomb, it is always funny and it can turn the tables, so actually I would propose to make the nades cheaper, e.g. infection bomb, I still remember that on the night server it costed 17 ammo packs. Right now we are talking about the day server tho, so I would say 20 packs sounds reasonable, not 25. I would like to have those nades here because it is pretty boring when camping and shooting with endless ammo. Like at ice attack, most humans shooting at the water and zombies hiding in the water, which is plainly boring.

3. Everybody loved the old nemesis, and some people even make jokes about that, because it was a huge funny looking monster, but now that the nemesis model has been changed, it is less funny, and it is harder to find the nemesis because of it's small size noways.

4. The survivor, it's stupid, a chick!??!. Just make them glow blue so its easy for the other zombies to spot as before, that's it, no unneccesary models.

---

Zombie night

--

Same things for zombie day apply to zombie night, although there is one extra for zombie night.

The flashlights, they are blue and if you aim at something else you have to wait a few seconds before the blue light gets there, which is stupid. Just give them the normal white flash light, which is quick of reaction and much and MUCH better.

--

DM server

--

I think as d4z0 made the topic, the majority wants it back because fun is a bit boring. and I agree, nothing much to add here though.

--

DEATHRUN

--

You all know deathrun dropped in popularity recently, and I know why.

1. Bring DRSHOP back! I really mean this, with drshop everything was fun and you would want to succeed in a deathrun to win to get more money next round which encourages you to actually finish deathrun.

2. Remove e.g. 'bet t all' or 'bet ct all', it is stupid, people can cheat with saying 'bet t all' right after a CT falls down and before he dies, which is unfair.

3. Remake a respawn timer of 30 seconds as before, there are some noobs who don't want to die at the first obstacle/people want to practise a bit before starting deathrun really. I would really like to have a respawn timer back because it is pretty frustrating to die at the beginning.

4. No system to make a guy a T automaticly.
People like being Ts or people like being CTs, but someone can't go T because it is randomly chosen who goes T. And people who like being CT suddenly become Ts, which they don't like.

5. I don't know what the fake player does there.

--

Now for in

GENERAL

--

I know that some people suggested to bring back 'redirect' again, but that is stupid because people who try to join a full zombie server want to play ZOMBIE mode, not deathrun. Even before re-directing back in the old times, there was another thing. That you could even queue up for full servers by using /server, I want that back, because mostly e.g. zombie day is full, and some people do not know the IP of it, so they want to queue up, which is right now not possible. So modify the /server system into what I just said. And this system right now which says all servers are down (while they aren't) except jail, is stupid as well.

--

Please, take this topic serious because it really matters, I would like to have every single person to look at it and think about it, and if neccessary share opinions about it, because right now it is only going down.
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Male Number of posts : 2308
Birthday : 1995-04-29
Registration date : 2009-07-08

Back to top Go down

FLASH TOPIC: How to make the servers popular again, as before. (my propositions) Empty Re: FLASH TOPIC: How to make the servers popular again, as before. (my propositions)

Post by Hibari Mon May 03, 2010 7:35 pm

i Agree with everything on the jail part.

suicide tower day with blocking IS AWESOME!
Hibari
Hibari

Male Number of posts : 2048
Birthday : 1994-07-01
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Back to top Go down

FLASH TOPIC: How to make the servers popular again, as before. (my propositions) Empty Re: FLASH TOPIC: How to make the servers popular again, as before. (my propositions)

Post by luna llena Tue May 04, 2010 2:29 am

i dont agree with the zombie part. cheap ammo packs etc. there are aloooooot of good players they have after 3 rounds 25 ammo packs allready. than u got scaried because of an infect bomb. 25 is for infect bomb good.

but the antigun is to expensive 35 ammo packs. sometimes i want that the round is funny. firstly u dont get any kills in the score just help them. and its everytime very funny when somebody use it. everytime i have 32 ammo packs when i want to use. and than i get infected use antidote and thats it. No funny round. Everyone want just the first rank. i mean it will crash again for what. so i want bring a little bit fun. 30/32 ammo packs for antigun is good.

And the new nemesis is much cooler as the old. with the old u couldnt move and as human u couldnt aim good. but with new u can move/jump better. as human u can better aim.

Zombie night: Can u make it a little bit more dark? i was on other servers they were rlly dark. u cant see anything without ur flashlight.
i cant see a different day/night. just the blue flashlight, no rank, nemesis different etc. but is it rlly night?
luna llena
luna llena
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Female Number of posts : 687
Birthday : 1989-07-05
Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurnero Tue May 04, 2010 2:58 am

/Signed 100% for jail. (I still have demo smith ill send later)
Yurnero
Yurnero

Male Number of posts : 176
Birthday : 1993-03-08
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by nase Tue May 04, 2010 5:21 am

I totally have to disagree with the suicide tower day at the jail part because when a few T's jumped down as first they just stay there and block and like the other remaining 16 T's will think 'Why should I jump down? Just lets stay here and wait for the up-comming CT's'. In my opinion that's the true fact because the T's on the top get much reduced chances to jump down and stay alive after that so they will just stay on the top with and try to kill the CT's who come up. With the current now we already have some T's who stay on the top already and what would happen when they are allowed to block again? Also on tamama(the only map with a suicide tower at the moment) the cells aren't distributed fair because the guys in the cells closer to the control room have an big disadvantage because they have a longer way to the tower, on the contrary to the T's who are closer to the soccer field and are much faster on the top of the tower at the end. I mean, they are closer to the tower, are on the top first, jump down first without much blocking when they hurry and then they should be allowed to block their teammates?
In my opinion it exactly should stay where it is now.

But I have to agree with the rest, good job Smith.
nase
nase
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 1177
Birthday : 1993-07-01
Registration date : 2009-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by x-regit-x Tue May 04, 2010 6:08 am

The fake player in Deathrun is neccessary.
It does happen sometimes that there is no Terrorist. If then a Counter-Terrorist or new player joins the Terrorist Team, the map gets restarted. You have to play the map the whole time again. This can be very annoying.

A respawn timer might not be bad, but don't make it 30 seconds. Because 30 seconds are a long time. 10/15 seconds would already be good. Respawning makes the first traps useless. Everybody will just rush them. It doesn't matter, if they get killed by them. They will respawn. So the time should not be too long.
I also agree with no automatic Terrorists. Some people want to play as a Terrorist, others don't. I think you should let them decide themselves in which team they play.
2 Human Terrorists would also be good. But propably you would have to change the plugin that gives the Terrorist score if he kills CT :/

I am still for redirecting. It could fill empty servers up. If people do not want to stay on the server they got redirected to, they can join a queue for the full server they want to play on. If they don't like the server mod, they can simply join spectator. They don't have to play on it.

---
One more thing:
Agent Smith wrote:[...] Even before re-directing back in the old times [...]
The neonDragon.net Servers even have had redirect long time before there was a nD Zombie server. Wink Just 4 info.

x-regit-x
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 684
Birthday : 1992-08-21
Job/hobbies : Soaring (hobby)
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiny Dancer Tue May 04, 2010 8:21 am

Bring back csdm and everything will be fine!
Tiny Dancer
Tiny Dancer
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 1099
Birthday : 1990-05-20
Job/hobbies : Planning the perfect murder
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by LongD Tue May 04, 2010 9:12 am

I agree on most and I also want the redirecting back cus it will fill up alot of servers..Before i played surf or something and it was and I got in deathrun i was first like wtf..I decided to try Death run out and then I was hooked on it.
LongD
LongD
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 1208
Birthday : 1995-11-24
Job/hobbies : Sprite animating,youtube,Manga,Anime,listening to music,being laze then and then,picking on my brother
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Necro Tue May 04, 2010 10:05 am

I agree everything you wrote Smith.

Jail
The old suicide tower day was much more faster and even funny.
Days like Hot Potato or Sparta Day (which is allowed but no one knows it) are a really fast days recommended to play in the last two minutes of the map.

Zombie
I preffer to play without that annoying red night vision, that's why I don't use it unless it's strictly necessary.
The blue flashlight sucks aswell, using the white one you can see perfectly.
The Alien Queen (old nemessis) made the game a bit more real altough it's bigger than CS Characters and you cannot hit it if you aim the head.
Zombie Infection nades are essential items which prices should be decreased to make a fair game in some maps like ice_attack or fun_world.

DM Server
Just bring back the DM server or WC3 server.

Deathrun
That scrip which makes you go T has ruined that server hardly...
Necro
Necro
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Male Number of posts : 3892
Birthday : 1924-02-27
Job/hobbies : Aww men I am a sciences freak!!
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by kwaakt Tue May 04, 2010 1:40 pm

Well I hear a lot of good things but I think the physical servers itself should be fixed first. The last two days is it one big mess of restarts, Complete failure of all plug ins at zombie and jail sometimes. I know it costs a lot of time for the one that runs it. But at this moment that is why the servers arent that popular.
kwaakt
kwaakt
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 959
Birthday : 1985-11-22
Registration date : 2009-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Smile Tue May 04, 2010 1:45 pm

kwaakt wrote:Well I hear a lot of good things but I think the physical servers itself should be fixed first. The last two days is it one big mess of restarts, Complete failure of all plug ins at zombie and jail sometimes. I know it costs a lot of time for the one that runs it. But at this moment that is why the servers arent that popular.

That!
Ive been tired of plying ba_tamama all the time on jail, you get to play like
1 map at jail then it crashes and its tamama igen..
Smile
Smile

Male Number of posts : 1829
Birthday : 1992-08-07
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Linux Tue May 04, 2010 1:51 pm

Necro wrote:I agree everything you wrote Smith.

Jail
The old suicide tower day was much more faster and even funny.
Days like Hot Potato or Sparta Day (which is allowed but no one knows it) are a really fast days recommended to play in the last two minutes of the map.

Zombie
I preffer to play without that annoying red night vision, that's why I don't use it unless it's strictly necessary.
The blue flashlight sucks aswell, using the white one you can see perfectly.
The Alien Queen (old nemessis) made the game a bit more real altough it's bigger than CS Characters and you cannot hit it if you aim the head.
Zombie Infection nades are essential items which prices should be decreased to make a fair game in some maps like ice_attack or fun_world.

DM Server
Just bring back the DM server or WC3 server.

Deathrun
That scrip which makes you go T has ruined that server hardly...

This!
Linux
Linux

Number of posts : 494
Birthday : 1993-08-23
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by hazik666 Tue May 04, 2010 1:58 pm

Jail
Bring back alot of rules:
Restricted freeday
Remove 20 second rule mabye make 30 second rules
If no command after 20 secs it is still possible to command
And the ones smith said

Zombie
I dont see anything to bad with zombie atm except from blockers

DM Server
Bring back old DM!!!

Deathrun
Stop being automatically selected as T
hazik666
hazik666
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 4838
Birthday : 0672-12-27
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by conex Tue May 04, 2010 2:45 pm

i think surf deathmatch is a bad idea.. ! all you do is standing in spawn and shotting throw the wall.. hoping you hit someone ^^

i like the zoombie servers.. atm..

Jb.. is just restarting to much atm... like smiley says...
conex
conex
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 1458
Birthday : 1992-10-28
Job/hobbies : artist...
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Tue May 04, 2010 3:45 pm

conex wrote:i think surf deathmatch is a bad idea.. ! all you do is standing in spawn and shotting throw the wall.. hoping you hit someone ^^

i like the zoombie servers.. atm..

Jb.. is just restarting to much atm... like smiley says...

well right now we aren't talking about surf DM but just DM (or am I wrong)

anyway, a normal DM would be the best.
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by W_a_S_y_L Wed May 12, 2010 10:55 am

Fun
Remove the autojump thingie.
Seems fun at begining, but people just start to abuse it, and make people with machete (especially on knife maps) nearly impossible to kill

Zombie
Well I don't know if there is a rule for this (couldn't find it )

There are maps with ramps / crates/ stairs that allow to get to a higher and safer spot but can be easily destroyed by shooting at them
(therefore 1 person could hide in a high/distant spot, and then destroy the crate, making it impossible for other humans to hide safely with him, or people that destroy them before anyone can get there)
It would be better to make a rule for this - To not be able to destroy these supports until the first zombie has appeared, cause lot of people are annoyed by this.
W_a_S_y_L
W_a_S_y_L
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Number of posts : 2207
Birthday : 1988-12-23
Job/hobbies : Reading / Japan culture / Playing CS and WoW :)
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:58 am

guys, this topic has been here for a month, and still there aren't really many changes.
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Coffeecake Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:39 pm

i hink most of your suggestions make cence and you have full support from me....and also...5. I don't know what the fake player does there= it stops a t making the game restart by just joining t all the time. so that the game just say's game commencing 24/7, where as with the fake player they just die and nothing ahppenes xD
Coffeecake
Coffeecake

Male Number of posts : 390
Birthday : 1996-09-18
Job/hobbies : NeonDragon, football, music
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by K!ng Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:28 pm

ALL SERVERS:

Let K!ng play in them! Very Happy

K!ng

Male Number of posts : 175
Birthday : 1988-04-17
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by W_a_S_y_L Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:42 pm

K!ng wrote:ALL SERVERS:

Youre saying it as if youre not allowed?
W_a_S_y_L
W_a_S_y_L
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by K!ng Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:53 pm

W_a_S_y_L wrote:

"Let" doesn't have the meaning "allow" only...(and was meant as joke, if you didn't notice)

K!ng

Male Number of posts : 175
Birthday : 1988-04-17
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by W_a_S_y_L Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:43 pm

K!ng wrote:
W_a_S_y_L wrote:

"Let" doesn't have the meaning "allow" only...(and was meant as joke, if you didn't notice)

Actually when you Let someone do something you allow him to do it o.o
W_a_S_y_L
W_a_S_y_L
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down