neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

unaccurate commands and death as result

+3
Mizurri
DarkNess
pr0nstar
7 posters

Go down

unaccurate commands and death as result Empty unaccurate commands and death as result

Post by pr0nstar Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:38 am

Hey,

I have a problem with some commands. When I'm T I deserve accurate commands and I think the others too. Like: Crouch to the cage. Easy and accurate.

But what if someone commands "Crouch at the line". That happened yesterday, dunno which map (guess smith). The commander said "Crouch at the line" and well I wasn't on the line, but I was at/near the line. The result: Death! Although I was right and the other weren't.

Or just right now. Broken gave the command as Simon: "Simon says you can uncrouch". That means you don't have to, because you can.

I know what both want, but if they can't tell it accurate and I understand it wrong, it is still a freekill for me. Because I was right, the commander wasn't.
It's childish, i know Razz, but see it from the other side. It gives the commander a chance to let Ts mass fail, even without using Simon says. If the commander says to be at the line and you are on, you are dead. It's that easy.

I wouldn't mind, but well you never always know if the commander does it on purpose or not. If not, then you are dead because you followed him right, although he meant something different. And on the other side, he did it on purpose to let Ts mass fail.

Is it possible to add these to the rules? Maybe as definition for using words in commands.
If they say at sth. that the Ts shouldn't be on sth. but near it. Lets say half T space or so. (Of course the space is questionable, because you really can't say if the space is to much or to less or dunno. So the CT's need to get a feeling. But the Ts shouldn't touch the line, or whatever it is, at all.)

And well, why I add this as new topic is also because I want to see Ts mass fail Very Happy I love mass failing, especially when I am not the failer Wink

pr0nstar

Number of posts : 37
Birthday : 1988-06-08
Registration date : 2010-01-02

Back to top Go down

unaccurate commands and death as result Empty Re: unaccurate commands and death as result

Post by DarkNess Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:50 am

Well i cant say anything you said above is wrong but i do have some points you might want to read:
1.Commanders have to warn through mic or atleast shoot you in the leg at a command like Simon says Crouch at the line or just Crouch at the line.
2.You have to understand that we have players from all around the world, Some do not speak English just as good as you and me might do.
You cant expect from them to make every single command 100% the way it should be because they simply dont know how to or think they do it right because they do not posses the english skills.
Aslong as the command makes sence you should just do the logical thing and in this case it was to just get on the line.
3.About the Simon says you can uncrouch,That was indeed a freekill there is a diffrence between Simon says Stand up/Uncrouch and simon says you can uncrouch/stand up.
DarkNess
DarkNess

Male Number of posts : 4591
Birthday : 1994-07-24
Job/hobbies : This is Serious.
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

unaccurate commands and death as result Empty Re: unaccurate commands and death as result

Post by pr0nstar Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:01 am

to 3: well Broken didnt freekill then, but he wanted to. the T stood up in the last second.

I know about the language difficulty but this is A1 English ... People should do understand at least that Wink but nevermind. its ok.
The only problem i see that I may do the command right but still wrong for the commander and get instantly killed. as i said, you never know if the commander does this on purpose or not. after some time you know the commander, but a new one is hard to 'read'. its the only problem i see about these inaccurate commands. it doesnt happen that often, so its ok actually. but if you want to tell this to an admin or member and tell it to him very serious and just factual, the either don't listen to ( maybe doing sth else) or just dont want to listen at all. of course i could report that: but well i can't go back to the past and make a demo...i only have the text from the console and thats it. but no voice at all.

I hate the internet and its interactive games Very Happy they make the real games difficult :S
anyway, just a game and i wanted to know what could happen or the commander/cts should do then.

btw. there is a rule that says that the ct's have to repeat a request 3 times (simon says of course not included or reaction games) but mostly they do it only one or maybe sometimes 2 times. I'm just saying Wink

pr0nstar

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkNess Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:24 am

We had a long discussion about how many Warnings there should be given, It depends on the situation, If a T is rushing to the vent/a ct/ a door etc you dont have to say 3 times Get back you shoot him in the leg if he continues you kill him.
If the cells just open and the command is get to the cage the cts have to repeat it a few times before killing ts heading for a diffrent direction.
DarkNess
DarkNess

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizurri Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:30 am

I dont like either the people that cant speak/understand english as t or ct

couse as ct an misunderstanding can lead to an mass freekill
and as t they keep whining couse they dont understand it was part of an game or blablabla..
Mizurri
Mizurri
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 5130
Birthday : 2006-06-06
Job/hobbies : Fulltime Gangster
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by pr0nstar Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:36 am

well thats the problem of different languages and the process of learning english.
there is no translator between player and speaker. but i know what you mean. sometimes i even dont understand the germans, and i am german. dunno which school they attended Razz
but most often these are kids, and actually they are not allowed to play CS at all.

pr0nstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizurri Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:47 am

Well we are not watching like, you must be 12 to command or play thats there own responsebility

But i think there should be an rule, that if you cant speak probarly good or normal english, you cant command, otherwise you give weird commands, and it will be freekill in the eyes of the people that knows english
Mizurri
Mizurri
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkNess Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:50 am

Faatzor wrote:Well we are not watching like, you must be 12 to command or play thats there own responsebility

But i think there should be an rule, that if you cant speak probarly good or normal english, you cant command, otherwise you give weird commands, and it will be freekill in the eyes of the people that knows english

If we do that we will lose about 80% of our commanders
DarkNess
DarkNess

Back to top Go down

Post by pr0nstar Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:58 am

what is worth more?

Quality or annoyed users? I take the quality. I really don't like it when kids are commanding. Some are good, its ok when they do it, but most of them are just horrible and there is no chance in doing anything. they just command...

pr0nstar

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkNess Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:59 am

well if u want to play without any commander most of the time so you will only have freedays then go ahead, but i dont think you can call that quality..
DarkNess
DarkNess

Back to top Go down

Post by pr0nstar Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:08 am

of course you can't and there are sometimes accurate commanders online. but thats mostly luck. i think that would lead to nowhere, because this is sth you can't change and won't and it's ok.
But Faatzor is right.

I think it's ok if you close this here. this was just a FYI thread. thanks anyway

pr0nstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Trizze Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:56 am

Today a commander said spray at the end of the race.
then i sprayed at end but he thought he said wall so the other one won...
Trizze
Trizze

Male Number of posts : 555
Birthday : 1996-10-11
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by hazik666 Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:51 am

Well if you explain to the commander what he done wrong it wouldnt happen again
hazik666
hazik666
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 4838
Birthday : 0672-12-27
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by pr0nstar Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:59 am

you never can be sure about that. but of course you should. its just a question of listening. because most will be pissed and whine ...

pr0nstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Smile Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:29 pm

not much you caan do, just accept the fact that some speak less good english than other.
a 'accidental' freekill can be forgiven. If there is a major "accidental" then there will be people reporting in ban section.(unless members are on) . So just keep playin not much to do than accept the fact that you got freekilled because of bad language, explain to the guy what he did wrong and he might not make the same mistake twice..
Smile
Smile

Male Number of posts : 1829
Birthday : 1992-08-07
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizurri Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:24 pm

DarkNess wrote:
Faatzor wrote:Well we are not watching like, you must be 12 to command or play thats there own responsebility

LOL!?

No not..
Mizurri
Mizurri
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkNess Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:46 pm

Faatzor wrote:
DarkNess wrote:

LOL!?

No not..

If u want to ban every commander that doesnt speak english into the roots of the basic english then 80% of the commanders we have now will not be able to command in the future,Go take a look at jail for a day and tell me exactly how much ct's can command with great english skills.
DarkNess
DarkNess

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizurri Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:57 pm

DarkNess wrote:
Faatzor wrote:
DarkNess wrote:

LOL!?

No not..

If u want to ban every commander that doesnt speak english into the roots of the basic english then 80% of the commanders we have now will not be able to command in the future,Go take a look at jail for a day and tell me exactly how much ct's can command with great english skills.

well, if they know the game names, and know how to command without making an freekill without misunderstanding they are good, the otherones yea...uhh
Mizurri
Mizurri
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkNess Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:59 pm

Faatzor wrote:
DarkNess wrote:
Faatzor wrote:
DarkNess wrote:

LOL!?

No not..

well, if they know the game names, and know how to command without making an freekill without misunderstanding they are good, the otherones yea...uhh

Well this is in diffrence from what u said first, as what you said first it seemed that you meant that everyone that doesnt speak english correctly to the max wouldnt be allowed to command, but whatever useless to be discussing this anyways.
DarkNess
DarkNess

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:30 am

Well, the CTs aren't perfect and many don't exactly know how to play $game properly. Try to make them understand how to do it better or what they did wrong.

It's already a rule to make clear commands which are understandable to everyone, and that CTs fail on games happens.
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 876
Birthday : 1991-06-02
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down