neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lowering your ping easily! (works for all online games)

5 posters

Go down

Lowering your ping easily! (works for all online games) Empty Lowering your ping easily! (works for all online games)

Post by Marksel Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:43 am

I recently found out about a trick to lower your latency(ping) easily, this works for everyone, wether you have high ping or low, it always reduces your ping.

NOTE: This works for XP, wether it does for vista/windows7, I don't know as I haven't tested it.

First: press start in the lower left of your screen, and click 'Run...' (in dutch: Uitvoeren...). once you did this, type regedit:
Lowering your ping easily! (works for all online games) Regeditk
When you did this, a screen will pop up called Register-editor, with on the left 5 different folders.
open up HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE by clicking on the + in front of it. Once you did this, a bunch of new folders will show up. do thesame with the folder called SYSTEM, followed by the folder CurrentControlSet, followed by the folder Services and a really big amount of folders should show up. It should now look like this:
Lowering your ping easily! (works for all online games) Foldersk

Once you did this, scroll all the way down to a folder called: Tcpip. Open the folder Parameters followed by Interfaces. A bunch of funky named folders should now show up with names like {B6AC1564-3ED6-4239-B457-9A79058A623A}. Now, click on these folders one by one, until you find the folder that contains a file called 'DhcpIPAdress':
Lowering your ping easily! (works for all online games) Dhcp

Once you found this file, you are in the correct folder. Now, rightclick on a white area in the screen, go to 'New' and click on DWORD Value:
Lowering your ping easily! (works for all online games) Dword
Name this new file:
Code:
TcpAckfrequency
(Case sensitive!)
Lowering your ping easily! (works for all online games) Tcp

Once you have done this, rightclick the TcpAckfrequency, and select Modify. A screen will pop up with a number 0 under Value data. Change this to 1 and press Ok.
Lowering your ping easily! (works for all online games) Value

Now all you have to do is reset your connection and you are finished ^_^
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 3979
Birthday : 1992-02-01
Job/hobbies : Owning you!
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Lowering your ping easily! (works for all online games) Empty Re: Lowering your ping easily! (works for all online games)

Post by Mizurri Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:47 am

it will give less lagg?

do you have to do this once at week?
Mizurri
Mizurri
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 5130
Birthday : 2006-06-06
Job/hobbies : Fulltime Gangster
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Lowering your ping easily! (works for all online games) Empty Re: Lowering your ping easily! (works for all online games)

Post by Necro Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:50 am

First of all I want to know if this method is going to influence in the speed of my downloads
Necro
Necro
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Male Number of posts : 3892
Birthday : 1924-02-27
Job/hobbies : Aww men I am a sciences freak!!
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:52 am

Faatzor wrote:it will give less lagg?

do you have to do this once at week?

You have do to this only once and it will increase your latency on any game

@ Necro, I don't know if it also increases download speed, all I know is that on WoW i had 300 ms before I did this, and 120 ms after, this latency drop happened to all games I play, including CS.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Necro Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:59 am

Marksel wrote:@ Necro, I don't know if it also increases download speed, all I know is that on WoW i had 300 ms before I did this, and 120 ms after, this latency drop happened to all games I play, including CS.

Then it's good, isn't it??
But I don't know if it is going to increase or decrease my eMule speed
Necro
Necro
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Male Number of posts : 3892
Birthday : 1924-02-27
Job/hobbies : Aww men I am a sciences freak!!
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by LuminCoB Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:14 am

I have 4 folders that contains DcpIPAddress. Should I make a new Dword thing in every folder then?
LuminCoB
LuminCoB
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 521
Birthday : 1990-05-04
Job/hobbies : Student
Registration date : 2009-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Spx. Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:37 am

Is it only for the computer or the whole network? I don't want to screw my network up, about the computer I don't care, it's a old crappy thing.
Spx.
Spx.

Male Number of posts : 2072
Birthday : 1995-11-02
Job/hobbies : Skating mountainbiking, snowboarding, outdoor sports =)
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:36 pm

LuminCoB wrote:I have 4 folders that contains DcpIPAddress. Should I make a new Dword thing in every folder then?

are you using XP?
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:37 pm

Spx. wrote:Is it only for the computer or the whole network? I don't want to screw my network up, about the computer I don't care, it's a old crappy thing.

This is purely about your own computer
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LuminCoB Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:05 pm

Marksel wrote:
LuminCoB wrote:I have 4 folders that contains DcpIPAddress. Should I make a new Dword thing in every folder then?

are you using XP?

Nope, forgot to mention that, I'm using Windows 7.
LuminCoB
LuminCoB
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:06 pm

I have no clue how this works on windows 7 to be honest =/ I'll check if I can find it but I can't promise anything.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LuminCoB Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:17 pm

Hmm, I suppose that two of those folders I don't need to care about since the DhcpIPAddresses on them both are 0.0.0.0.
And I persume that the IP address that shows in your screenshot are your IP address on the router, not over the internet?

EDIT: Now I know why I have more than one, it shows from all my connections I have saved, I mean like wireless networks. So I guess that I have to chose the right one, which isn't that hard.
LuminCoB
LuminCoB
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:22 pm

LuminCoB wrote:
And I persume that the IP address that shows in your screenshot are your IP address on the router, not over the internet?

Yes, router IP
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:25 pm

ok I just looked this up and here is what I found:

--IMPORTANT FOR WINDOWS 7 USER--

When you're chosing the "new" DWORD value, and you have a Windows 7 64-bit, you will get QWORD-64 bit aswell.
What you should do is change the DWORD like I did in my guide, ignore the QWORD, I'm unsure if this changes anything. In short: for Windows 7 64-bit users: use the DWORD-32 bit.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mizurri Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:40 pm

i have no file at all called DhcpIPAdress

i have this onlyLowering your ping easily! (works for all online games) Wwwwwwwwwww
Mizurri
Mizurri
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 5130
Birthday : 2006-06-06
Job/hobbies : Fulltime Gangster
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Spx. Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:43 pm

Click on the +Tcip Faatzor, and than go Parameters and so go on, read that part again Smile
Spx.
Spx.

Male Number of posts : 2072
Birthday : 1995-11-02
Job/hobbies : Skating mountainbiking, snowboarding, outdoor sports =)
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:45 pm

Have a look at this Faatzor:

Lowering your ping easily! (works for all online games) Tcp

Hope it helps Wink
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:05 pm

I posted this guide on my old WoW guild forums, got replies saying their ms went from 300 to 50, so it should work ^_^, someone tried it with vista and it worked perfectly fine as long as you have windows service pack 1 installed.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down