neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guide: Reporting

+7
hazik666
Chillz
Ancient
Spx.
DarkNess
Necro
Marksel
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Guide: Reporting Empty Guide: Reporting

Post by Marksel Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:26 am

Alright, since I've seen alot of posts to request banns with insignificant or not enough proof, I think it is time to write a guide on how to do it.

First of all, to request a bann you need basic things:

-Steam ID
-Proof

To get the steam ID fast and easily, bind a key to 'status', you do this by typing the following in console:
Code:
bind X status
you can replace X with the bind you want for it, personally I use L.

Once you have the steamID, all you need now is proof, a great way to get proof is by screenshots. Now you could make a screenshot with the Prt Scrn button, and copy it in paint or something alike, but there is a much easyer and faster way to make multiple screenshots, so you have several to select the best from with the most significant proof, to do this, you need to bind a key to 'snapshot', what this will do is make a snapshot of the screen and save it in your cstrike folder. to bind a key to snapshot, you type the following in console:
Code:
bind X snapshot
once again, replace X with the button you want to use for it, I personally use K. It is advicable to bind it to a button close to your 'status' key, so when someone makes a mass freekill, you can make screenshots, and at thesame time get his ID. This really helps against people that quickly disconnect after they freekilled.

Now, as soon as someone freekills you always have some proof to work with. with significant violations like mass freekills this is most of the times enough, depending on your point of view while this happened.

The key problem is though, some people violate small, insignificant rules, but up to a point where he/she does it so many times that it is really annoying, and you feel like they deserve a bann/strike for it. You will often face the fact that you don't have enough proof, a single screenshot of a CT in a vent won't do anything, a single screenshot of a CT in the cage won't do anything either. When you combine 3 screenshots of killing people on vent, 2 screenshots of killing people in cage, etc etc, it will deffinitly be enough for a bann.

The way I do this is I keep a folder for these screenshots, I name them after their steamID and put every small violation I see this ID do into this folder with screenshots and a notepad file describing the circumstances. By doing this, I will always have enough proof when I want to report someone.
An example:
Guide: Reporting Examplegb

Now, for those that do not know, to access the snapshots you make you go to your cstrike folder, this is located in
Steam/Steamapps/ACCOUNTNAME/Counter-strike/cstrike. In this folder your snapshots will save under the name of the map with a number behind it, for example: ba_tamama_v20001
Usually, before I launch counter-strike, I open my cstrike folder manually. Doing this will make it much easyer to find the snapshots you make, because instead of having to look for them in alphabetical order and then figuring out the numbers, It will simply save at the bottom of the folder, because you have the folder opened.

If you think your screenshots are enough to start making a report, you must upload them you can use either the neonDragon upload picture tool, or use an outside website. The easyest is to use the upload picture tool on these forums:

Click on the Guide: Reporting Picture_save button and a screen will pop up.
Click the Browse button, and select your picture. make sure not to change anything else once you have done this and press 'Host It' on the bottom.
You will now get 3 links:
-If you want it to be a small picture on which you have to click to see it fullsize, click the Copy button behind the first link.
-If you want to display the picture directly on your post at full size, click the Copy button behind the second link.
Now, simply paste this into your post.

If you want to use another site dedicated to uploading pictures, a good site to use is imageshack.us (I personally used this at first).
Go to the site and click Browse. This will launch the possibility to choose what you want to upload, pick the image you want to upload and click on Open. It should now show up on the box:
Guide: Reporting Report
Once it shows up in here, click on Start Upload!. It will take a second to load, the bigger the file the longer it takes.
After it is done uploading, all you need is get the direct link to the image, you can find that here:
Guide: Reporting Report2
Copy this by leftclicking on it (this should select the entire link), then pressing rightclick and selecting: Copy
once you have done that, all you need to do is make sure it shows up as an image, and not just a link. To do that you need to encase it with
Code:
[img]LINK[/img]
for example, the picture you see above which shows what link to copy, looks like this:
Code:
[img]http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/7052/report2.png[/img]

Sometimes your picture will be too wide to see the real proof, since some of it gets cut out by the max width of the forums. If this is the case you can either cut your picture down and make it smaller, or make it a thumbnail. To make it a thumbnail, copy the following link after uploading:
Guide: Reporting Report3m
It will now look like this:
Guide: Reporting Report3m.th
when you click on the smaller picture, it will direct you to the entire picture on full size and this will enable you to show the picture as a whole, instead of the cutted down picture you see if you would have encased it with [img] brackets

There are some cases that need a demo, instead of screenshots, to really be good proof (this proof is always appreciated since it shows the circumstances of the violation, and is much more significant proof than a screenshot), a good example of where you NEED a demo instead of a screenshot: micspamming.

To make a demo, you go into console while playing, the usual bind of this is the ~ button, which is located directly under your Esc button. Once you are in your console you type:
Code:
record DEMONAME
replace DEMONAME with the name you want to give to the demo. this will save in your cstrike map under the name you fill in in your console.
From now on, everything you do will be recorded, it will take your screen and put that into the file, until you go to your console and abort the record, by typing the following into your console:
Code:
stop
It will now give a message: finished recording DEMONAME.dem
It has saved in your cstrike folder, and to watch the demo, simply type:
Code:
playdemo DEMONAME
in console (it is not needed to fill in the .dem extention here, just use thesame name you used for recording the demo).

If it is the case that you are demo'ing a cheater, please include do the following while recording:
Type
Code:
status
in console, show the ID of the cheater. After that, close your console and open it up again (just go back into game for a second).
This time, type
Code:
sb_status
in console, and once again show the ID of the cheater. The reason for doing this is because when you do this, we can send the demo to steambanns.

If you think this demo has enough proof, upload it to any upload site, a phew examples:
Filefront.com (I personally use this)
Megaupload.com
Speedyshare.com

Now all you need to do is write the report.
The basic form would be:
Code:

steamID: ...
Proof:
Description of the circumstances, followed by a screenshot/demo.
(remember to give a description for every seperate screenshot/demo you provide if possible)
That's all it takes ^_^

Thanks for reading, and I hope to see your reports soon Wink

Last edited by Marksel on Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:22 am; edited 5 times in total
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Male Number of posts : 3979
Birthday : 1992-02-01
Job/hobbies : Owning you!
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Guide: Reporting Empty Re: Guide: Reporting

Post by Necro Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:48 am

It's a really good guide, I hope you guys use it Wink
Necro
Necro
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Male Number of posts : 3892
Birthday : 1924-02-27
Job/hobbies : Aww men I am a sciences freak!!
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkNess Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:51 am

Though the best side for uploading demo's would be:

Speedyshare.com

Fast as hell!
DarkNess
DarkNess

Male Number of posts : 4591
Birthday : 1994-07-24
Job/hobbies : This is Serious.
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Spx. Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:53 am

Very nice guide Marksel, also I had problems with this before, tried to order everything as well as I could, but didn't put every violation in there, but from now on I will do the same. Thank you very much!
Spx.
Spx.

Male Number of posts : 2072
Birthday : 1995-11-02
Job/hobbies : Skating mountainbiking, snowboarding, outdoor sports =)
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:56 am

DarkNess wrote:Though the best side for uploading demo's would be:

Speedyshare.com

Fast as hell!

added the link Smile
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ancient Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:57 am

Like darkness mentioned. Faster way is to make a demo but if there is a massive fk or something then yeah a pic would do better. but its to long.. dunno if people gonne read it.
Ancient
Ancient
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2454
Birthday : 1992-04-03
Job/hobbies : Pizza chef
Registration date : 2009-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:58 am

Ancient wrote:Like darkness mentioned. Faster way is to make a demo but if there is a massive fk or something then yeah a pic would do better. but its to long.. dunno if people gonne read it.

I actually did put that into my guide..

I'm fine with critisism, but atleast critisize about something you have read and don't just cluelessly start throwing with comments that are for 1 not needede and 2, mentioned in the guide.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ancient Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:05 am

Marksel wrote:
Ancient wrote:Like darkness mentioned. Faster way is to make a demo but if there is a massive fk or something then yeah a pic would do better. but its to long.. dunno if people gonne read it.

I'm fine with critisism, but atleast critisize about something you have read and don't just cluelessly start throwing with comments that are for 1 not needede and 2, mentioned in the guide.

Who is critisizing? I only said that demo works better.
Did i say : Marksel pics are useless, demos are better? No i didnt.. So instead of acusing me of critisizing you should read my post first.
Ancient
Ancient
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:07 am

Ancient wrote:
Marksel wrote:

Did i say : Marksel pics are useless, demos are better? No i didnt.. So instead of acusing me of critisizing you should read my post first.

your post:
Faster way is to make a demo
my guide included a guide on how to make/upload demo's, so you 'critisize' that my guide does not include the making of demo's, while it actually is in there.

As I said before, I don't really care if you like me or not, but stop making degrading posts on my topics/posts for no other reason than your dislike towards me.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkNess Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:11 am

Marksel wrote:
Ancient wrote:
Marksel wrote:

your post:
my guide included a guide on how to make/upload demo's, so you 'critisize' that my guide does not include the making of demo's, while it actually is in there.

As I said before, I don't really care if you like me or not, but stop making degrading posts on my topics/posts for no other reason than your dislike towards me.

I more likely think that Ancient means that it is better to just make demo's because pics dont proof much..

@Offtopic: Mark pleas, If u think Ancient hates me i guess you are looking to his post from another side.. next time try looking at it as if someone else posted it.
With his post was nothing wrong (well only thing that he agrees with me although i only posted a uploading site Razz)
DarkNess
DarkNess

Back to top Go down

Post by Ancient Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:15 am

DarkNess wrote:
Marksel wrote:
Ancient wrote:
Marksel wrote:

your post:

I more likely think that Ancient means that it is better to just make demo's because pics dont proof much..

@Offtopic: Mark pleas, If u think Ancient hates me i guess you are looking to his post from another side.. next time try looking at it as if someone else posted it.
With his post was nothing wrong (well only thing that he agrees with me although i only posted a uploading site Razz)

Its rather personally then logicaly. But whatever, good post.. this will help other players.
Ancient
Ancient
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkNess Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:17 am

Ancient wrote:
DarkNess wrote:
Marksel wrote:
Ancient wrote:
Marksel wrote:

your post:

@Offtopic: Mark pleas, If u think Ancient hates me You i guess you are looking to his post from another side.. next time try looking at it as if someone else posted it.

Its rather personally then logicaly. But whatever, good post.. this will help other players.

Err i made typo btw, but fixed Smile
DarkNess
DarkNess

Back to top Go down

Post by Chillz Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:44 am

Sweet guide, hope it will help many Wink
Chillz
Chillz
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 2114
Birthday : 1995-10-16
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by hazik666 Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:47 pm

best way to upload is the host image button on the neondragon website or am i the only one who uses it??
hazik666
hazik666
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 4838
Birthday : 0672-12-27
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Spx. Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:53 am

hazik666 wrote:best way to upload is the host image button on the neondragon website or am i the only one who uses it??

Is there such a button? Razz
Spx.
Spx.

Male Number of posts : 2072
Birthday : 1995-11-02
Job/hobbies : Skating mountainbiking, snowboarding, outdoor sports =)
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Smile Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:40 am

Spx. wrote:
hazik666 wrote:best way to upload is the host image button on the neondragon website or am i the only one who uses it??

Is there such a button? Razz
.... check the button next to the button you use when you UL pics via url links, lol.
Smile
Smile

Male Number of posts : 1829
Birthday : 1992-08-07
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by hazik666 Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:26 am

The button is the 6th button from the left really useful
hazik666
hazik666
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 4838
Birthday : 0672-12-27
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:31 pm

I suggest binding status and snapshot to the same key.
Code:
bind x "status;snapshot"
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 876
Birthday : 1991-06-02
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:44 pm

Mati wrote:I suggest binding status and snapshot to the same key.
Code:
bind x "status;snapshot"

I personally wouldn't do that, because i usually spam snapshot key while something is happenening to have several screenshots, this would make it impossible to gather any proof from the console afterwards.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pure hate Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:33 pm

good work marksel!

maybe u can add sb_status to ur guide?

if u type status in console, close, open again and type sb_status!

so the demos can send to steambans and have more chance to be accepted.

but this is only necessary if u want to send a demo to steambans!
pure hate
pure hate

Male Number of posts : 536
Birthday : 1980-02-02
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:43 am

pure hate wrote:good work marksel!

maybe u can add sb_status to ur guide?

if u type status in console, close, open again and type sb_status!

so the demos can send to steambans and have more chance to be accepted.

but this is only necessary if u want to send a demo to steambans!

Added Smile
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkNess Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:22 am

this deserves a bump.
Due to the lack of good reports lately.
DarkNess
DarkNess

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:26 am

I'll edit this guide soon, so that pictures are hosted on neonDragon instead of on imageshack
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Marksel Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:22 am

added a small explenation of how to use the neonDragon upload picture tool.
Marksel
Marksel
nD* Runner Member
nD* Runner Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Graham Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:04 pm

Hi mark can I add something? I think your guide is very helpful to people so good job, but here's the fastest method to make a demo that I found and I want to share it with you guys because it makes recording a demo just as effective, fast and simple as taking a screen shot.

Demo Record Alias - This records and stops a demo.

Red Text is for userconfig.cfg file:
alias RecDemo "RecOn"
alias RecOn "record CSDemo1; alias RecDemo RecOff"
alias RecOff "stop; alias RecDemo RecOn"

For the config.cfg (You can change '-' to whatever key you prefer):
bind "-" "RecDemo"
Graham
Graham
nD* Zombie Member
nD* Zombie Member

Male Number of posts : 365
Birthday : 1993-06-10