neonDragon.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Implemented] Minimum playing time requirement for CTs

+12
Boyka
dev
Spx.
hazik666
Mati
The Hater
nase
SultaN
Frenchpoodle
xelef
kami (GER]
Sortaja
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Implemented] Minimum playing time requirement for CTs Empty [Implemented] Minimum playing time requirement for CTs

Post by Sortaja Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:13 am

So had a thought about a thing here when looking at the achievement's menu. Talked about it with Mati yesterday and he thought it would be a good idea. So i thought why not make a post about it and see what other's think and take some work off mati's shoulder's to write about it to evryone.

So as we all know Freekill's and Mass freekill's normally happen when evrytime a new player join's they join ct dont know the rules and kill someone not knowing. But right now we have a counter on the achievemen't menu that show's evryone's playtime on the server. So adding these 2 thing's together and code it so you can't join ct team until your playtime is over 5/10/15 hours. That means you have to play 5/10/15 hours and learn the rules so you can join the ct team and that will keep new player's away from ct team. And that will result in about 50% less freekills on the server.

Don't know how much Mati has looked in to this yeat but hopefully this can be done and will work.

So please comment about this and let's see what evryone thinks.

Ps. Ofcourse don't think that much about the "playtime needed" becouse im sure admin's and member's can discuss/have a good idea what this should be.
Sortaja
Sortaja

Male Number of posts : 18
Birthday : 1987-08-05
Job/hobbies : Study, manga, movies
Registration date : 2010-09-14

Back to top Go down

[Implemented] Minimum playing time requirement for CTs Empty Re: [Implemented] Minimum playing time requirement for CTs

Post by kami (GER] Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:29 am

its indeed a good thought. 10hours could be enough to learn the basic stuff, so that there will not be that much trouble like it is when u dont know the rules at all.

the only problem is that i just reached the 11h played till now, means that good commanders have to play this 10hours until they can command. and in this time (okay the most good commanders did already play for longer than 10h.) anyone with 10h has to command. and if there are 5 guys online in the night and just one got over the 10h he is the only commander or perhaps there cant be a ct at all.
kami (GER]
kami (GER]

Male Number of posts : 1488
Birthday : 1990-07-09
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Back to top Go down

[Implemented] Minimum playing time requirement for CTs Empty Re: [Implemented] Minimum playing time requirement for CTs

Post by xelef Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:33 am

Well, most of the commanders online have over 10 hours played time, but for new players i think this is an exellent idea it will bring down the Join, freekill alot of people and leave combination, if its new players.
xelef
xelef
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 419
Birthday : 1988-08-21
Registration date : 2010-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Frenchpoodle Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:34 am

This is a fantastic idea.

Aswell as the benefits of disabling newcomers of going CT, it can also resolve the issue of the ct team being poor - to a certain degree.

Only allowing people, for example with 10 hours playtime to join ct, your less likely to get young children who crave power join the ct team - thus to a certain degree reducing the chance that the ct team is fail. They may not mass freekill, however they maybe very trigger happy or unfamiliar with ct responsibilities or the rules of games, so they tend to freekill 1 or 2 people per round unintentionally. This playtime limitation may reduce the number slightly/moderately, as they have more time being terrorist to get familiar with how things are run.

Frenchpoodle

Male Number of posts : 30
Birthday : 1992-03-12
Job/hobbies : Student Paramedic -
Registration date : 2010-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by kami (GER] Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:38 am

there are enough guys on the jail server which play since month here and still are freaking retarded, follish and fragwhores as CT.

the only positiv thing is that newcomers arent able to go CT and destroy everything for themself and others.

kami (GER]
kami (GER]

Back to top Go down

Post by SultaN Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:13 am

I like it Wink

Does the counter starts from now on? Or can the people who are already over 10 hours just go CT?
SultaN
SultaN
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 1732
Birthday : 1993-01-16
Job/hobbies : Basketball, Soccer, Gaming
Registration date : 2010-04-02

http://www.dutch-gs.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by kami (GER] Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:14 am

sultan if it starts now.. then u have no CTs for 10hs playtime.
kami (GER]
kami (GER]

Back to top Go down

Post by nase Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:20 am

kami (GER] wrote:its indeed a good thought. 10hours could be enough to learn the basic stuff, so that there will not be that much trouble like it is when u dont know the rules at all.
Exactly this.
nase
nase
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 1177
Birthday : 1993-07-01
Registration date : 2009-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hater Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:24 am

Fantastic Idea as others said, although I must mention that mass freekills are happening really rarely and I havent seen any from weeks, but freekills there are still alot so I think this Idea will contribuate alot to jail.
The Hater
The Hater
nD* Jail Member
nD* Jail Member

Male Number of posts : 570
Birthday : 1993-09-26
Registration date : 2009-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sortaja Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:25 am

Thx for the replyes...

About the night and not that much players:
Thats actually the biggest time that freekill's happen becouse there are no member's online that late to monitor, but there is allways a guy who has played over 10hours online that late.(That is my knowledge after 2weeks from 1am-4am)
And the player with 10hours even with mic or without, would you rather have a new player commanding just becouse he has microphone? That would just bring again more freekilling and more reports and more work... And usually at night there are never commanders online.
Sortaja
Sortaja

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:38 am

Well ok, now that you explained it I do not have to make an announcement topic.

CTs with less than 10 hours playing time will get switched in the roundend, like it happens when the ratio is bad. This does only happen when there are more than 4 people on the server.

So the order for someone beeing switched should be the following:
1) <10 hours playing time (auto)
2) No mic/bad CT (manually by moderators)
3) Bad ratio (auto)
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 876
Birthday : 1991-06-02
Registration date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sortaja Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:32 am

Mati wrote:Well ok, now that you explained it I do not have to make an announcement topic.

CTs with less than 10 hours playing time will get switched in the roundend, like it happens when the ratio is bad. This does only happen when there are more than 4 people on the server.

So the order for someone beeing switched should be the following:
1) <10 hours playing time (auto)
2) No mic/bad CT (manually by moderators)
3) Bad ratio (auto)

That's great Mati and hopefully I helped you somehow by making this post. Very Happy
Sortaja
Sortaja

Back to top Go down

Post by kami (GER] Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:16 pm

gj.
kami (GER]
kami (GER]

Back to top Go down

Post by hazik666 Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:54 pm

I think it should be 2 hours or have exceptions of certain steam Id's (members/admins)
hazik666
hazik666
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 4838
Birthday : 0672-12-27
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Spx. Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:06 am

Great idea, I hope this will reduce the rulebreakers as CT.

I'd like to give two ideas:

- Add a message to it when they've gotten switched, the new people who haven't played 10 hours yet are most of the times confused.
- Add it to the /rules (the small rule guide in the server), so before they start playing and they've read the small rule guide they atleast know what will happen when they're CT.
Spx.
Spx.

Male Number of posts : 2072
Birthday : 1995-11-02
Job/hobbies : Skating mountainbiking, snowboarding, outdoor sports =)
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:12 am

Two messages already appear when someone gets switched.
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dev Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:19 am

i still agree that it should be in the RULES if it hasnt been done already.

dev
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 62
Birthday : 1986-11-09
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by hazik666 Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:52 am

I think it should atleast be 2hrs, 10hrs is way to long. Or add exceptions (members/admins/regulars)
hazik666
hazik666
nD* Fun Member
nD* Fun Member

Male Number of posts : 4838
Birthday : 0672-12-27
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Boyka Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:26 pm

haha Sultan fail!
good idea, but i rather say make it 20 hours instead of 10 hours..
Boyka
Boyka

Male Number of posts : 466
Birthday : 1994-08-09
Job/hobbies : Soccer, chilling.
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Smile Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:28 pm

Boyka wrote:haha Sultan fail!
good idea, but i rather say make it 20 hours instead of 10 hours..

10 is enough. Not to many 'noobs' play 10h straight on a random server..
So it will take them a few days to be able to go CT and in that time they've learnd a lil more.
Smile
Smile

Male Number of posts : 1829
Birthday : 1992-08-07
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by mOW Bullet Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:29 pm

Can you add a function because there is still one problem with it.

When ct's dont have 10 hours they can play 1 round, but when they die or get switched, they reconnect and go ct again.

Maybe try a function that they will be autoswitched and revived as a t?
mOW Bullet
mOW Bullet

Male Number of posts : 62
Birthday : 1989-09-03
Job/hobbies : Music/Poker/Girl/CS/IT Guy
Registration date : 2010-04-29

http://www.myspace.com/Buckleyprojects

Back to top Go down

Post by Sortaja Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:31 pm

mOW Bullet wrote:Can you add a function because there is still one problem with it.

When ct's dont have 10 hours they can play 1 round, but when they die or get switched, they reconnect and go ct again.

Maybe try a function that they will be autoswitched and revived as a t?

Yeah it would be nice if the check could happen more often like 1min after the round start.

And about the time thing, the more hour's you have before you can join ct the less freekill's and that is a fact...
Sortaja
Sortaja

Back to top Go down

Post by Coffeecake Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:46 am

this is an awfull addition. as you know i stopped playing for a while to play halo: reach and LoL, i start playing again (and i like being ct) and found out i cant play because this retarded update,because i havent been active i need to go AFK for 6 more hours to play the game how i like. it is a good idea to stop noobs,but it has totally killed jb for me. unless you can make a list of ppl that can auto play ct,or if someone knows rules from other servers you can put them on a valid ct list,because this system is completely flaud.
Coffeecake
Coffeecake

Male Number of posts : 390
Birthday : 1996-09-18
Job/hobbies : NeonDragon, football, music
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by kami (GER] Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:55 am

Coffeecake wrote:this is an awfull addition. as you know i stopped playing for a while to play halo: reach and LoL, i start playing again (and i like being ct) and found out i cant play because this retarded update,because i havent been active i need to go AFK for 6 more hours to play the game how i like. it is a good idea to stop noobs,but it has totally killed jb for me. unless you can make a list of ppl that can auto play ct,or if someone knows rules from other servers you can put them on a valid ct list,because this system is completely flaud.

your fault.. try to reach the achievements while being t and the hours will pass faster..
kami (GER]
kami (GER]

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:57 am

Oooh, how dramatic, you have to play 1-2 days as terrorist before you can go CT... Rolling Eyes
Mati
Mati
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next